LookUp Function #3

Hello!

I'm running Excel XP and trying to figure how to run vlookup from tw
colums.

The form is for working out the next standard size up. Enter number i
A and a number in B and in C it pulls thro the code from 'datarange
where A is more then or Equals 'datarange coloum A'  AND B is more the
or Equals 'datarange coloum B'

Any Ideas.

Please find attached JPG.

Hope i've explained enough.

Thanks

Ala

   |                Attachment filename: excel1.jpg
   |Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=359266

Try something like

=INDEX(DataRange!$C$2:$C$20,MATCH(1,(DataRange!$A$2:$A$20>=A2)*(DataRange!$B
$2:$B$20>=B2),0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

as you can se I use the opposite that the datarange is greater than or
equal, else I can't see how you could get the results you got

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"twixy2k" <twixy2k.wwhja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello!
>
> I'm running Excel XP and trying to figure how to run vlookup from two
> colums.
>
> The form is for working out the next standard size up. Enter number in
> A and a number in B and in C it pulls thro the code from 'datarange'
> where A is more then or Equals 'datarange coloum A'  AND B is more then
> or Equals 'datarange coloum B'
>
> Any Ideas.
>
> Please find attached JPG.
>
> Hope i've explained enough.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alan
>

>    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
>    |                Attachment filename: excel1.jpg                 |
>    |Download attachment:
http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=359266|
>    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

terre08 (1112)

Lookup, vlookup, find, or what
Thanks in advance. Xcel07 on WinXP. I have a list of names in sheet 4, I need to search sheet 1, 2 and 3 to see if each name on sheet4 is located on any of the other 3 sheets. Here are a couple of my attempts so far =LOOKUP(C3,'Friday 930am:Monday 1130am'!C2:C25) =SUMPRODUCT(C2*'Friday 930am:Monday 1130am'!C2:C25) To clarify the above Sheet 1 is named Friday 930am Sheet 2 is anmed Friday 12:30pm Sheet 3 is named Monday 1130am Any suggestions are welcome You can't do that type of 3D referencing. Need to individually look through each sheet =ISNUMBE...

Altsoft Xml2PDF 3.0 Released
Altsoft is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major new features of the new version include: All formats: - Significant refactoring and optimization that makes the new version about 3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release; - New output formats: SVG Basic, raster images and GDI output; - The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; for example, SVG files can embed now XSL-FO pages; - Improved typography including the support of OpenType fonts...

Lookup two columns
I want to compare the contents of two (adjacent) cells in one sheet with two adjacent cells in another sheet (within one workspace) and if the *pair* of cells are the same, deliver the value in the cell a few columns along (if you know what I mean - like lookup but comparing two cells). The cells are not sorted. Any ideas? Cheers. Bobby If you are comparing A1-B1 sheet 1 to A1-B1 sheet 2, then =IF(AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!B1=Sheet2!B1),"They match","no match") If you have to "lookup" A1-B1 against the whole columns of A and B on sheet2, then kyou co...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

Outlook Client on Citrix #3
I have a client that is running CRM 3.0 Outlook Client on (2) Citrix servers. They are getting multiple synchronization errors. Any ideas? Let me know what information is needed to make a determination of where the problem is coming from. Thanks CRM 3 is not fully support on terminal services, but these might help you. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en, which is how to deply CRM on terminal services. Also have a look a this, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

timers #3
Hi I am having problems with timers, or more like the rate at which they go off. In this particular example I am setting a timer to go off every 25 milliseconds (40Hz rate). Judging by my printf's in DoTimer() function, the timer goes off at 32Hz rate. Another words, instead of going off every 25 milliseconds it goes off every 31 (or so) milliseconds. I'd like to know why it's happenning and how can I fix it. I can see that once the timer expires, it doesn't get restarted until my handler will return. But I don't think my handler is taking 6 milliseconds... Also, if it&...

Item Lookup Security
Is there a way to setup the user security for the item lookup button (for sales transactions) so that a user is able to see only a selected/ limited list of items and not ALL items? Aman, Currently this doesn’t exist out of the box, but it could be customized in several ways as described below: 1. If you are familiar with Dexterity you can follow David’s proof of concept about data level security in his post below: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/13/row-level-filtering-proof-of-concept.aspx 2. You can create smart-list filtered for the needed...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

MATCH function; comparing letter grades in columns
I am currently comparing the contents on two cells in columns H & I (for example, cells H10 and I10). The contents are letter grades (i.e., A, A-, B+, B, etc., through E). I have my function tell me if there is any difference between the two columns and report the result (i.e., =93no change,=94 rating decrease,=94 or =93rating increase=94) in th= e adjoining column, J10. I use the MATCH function, and since it can=92t distinguish between the letter grades, I have placed the letter grades in cells M2 through M13. My function is as follows: =3DIF(MATCH(H10,M$2:M$13,0)=3DMATCH(I10,M$2:M$1...

Modifying item lookup window
Is it possible to modify the item lookup window to show Description by default instead of Short Description? I know users can get to the description on that window with an additional click, but when they are doing lookups frequently that's a lot of extra clicks. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Hi Jim, There is a product called SmartFill that will allow you to create the lookup window for an Item anyway you want. It is relatively inexpensive, probably a little more then the cost of customizing the window. But it works with Items, Customers, Vendors, Account Numbers, Employees, etc. it a...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

Landed Costs #3
I deal with hundreds of different landed costs vendors each year. They change frequently and it is getting difficult to create or modify a landed cost everytime I have a new vendor. Great Plains seems to let me create a landed cost without a vendor associated with it, but when I do that is there a proper way to go about paying these vendors later? I would prefer to be able to just create a temporary vendor in AP for each of these landed costs, but wouldn't my accrued purchases effectively double as a result of the landed cost debiting my accrued purchases and the AP invoice debiting my ac...

Worksheet size #3
I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't wide enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? Thanks Avril Hi Avril Excel is limited to 256 columns. This can not be changed. Cheers JulieD "Avril" <Avril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C0900E-D321-4914-BE89-B75A028C2D94@microsoft.com... >I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't >wide > enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? > > Thanks > > Avril Hi so you want more than 256...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

get cell of function
Hi Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function is called? Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the column left (in this example B) of it? thanks lot for help materphilch Dim rng as Range set rng = Application.Caller to see the value: MsgBox(rng.address) Gary's Student "masterphilch" wrote: > Hi > > Can I somehow determine, in which column (A,B,C,...) a selfmade function > is called? > Or: Can I tell the function, placed f.e. in cell C1, to loop through the > column left (in this example ...

Can I use solver functions in a protected (locked) worksheet?
I am using the solver function to optimize a blend of products. I want to lock (protect) some areas of the worksheet, but when doing so the solver function will not work and the following translated message arrives: The active document is not a worksheet, is protected or shared. Hope someone can help me. Thank you. Niels ...

Lookups #2
I am trying to write a formula which looks up a product code in a list, and then references a date to pick out a piece of information. The code is in a horizontal list with the dates being in a vertical list across the top of the page. eg Code Dates Jan Feb Mar 111 50 70 80 112 90 10 60 113 60 10 80 It needs to refer to the code then the month, to be able to select the correct cell. eg code 112 in February = 10 Is there a function to cross reference the two pieces of information to select...

Help with Lookup/Sum Formula
I have a spreedsheet with this type of data, for example Product Group Quantity Size 2812 10 0.75 2812 100 0.75 2812 300 0.5 2817 100 0.25 2817 200 1 2845 1000 1.5 I want to be able to set up a formula that you enter a product grou (2812) in a cell and it will for that product group go and sum up al the quantities for each size. The formula would go in the Sum colum For Example ...

One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work
Hi All, Any help on this is very much appreciated!! Right, here goes! I have two exchange servers which are both running on Win 2k3 SP1. Exchange is 2003 SP1. One of my exchange servers comes to a halt and the only way to get it back up and running is by hard resetting the server! When this has been rebooted the server works fine and reports no errors in the logs after the reboot. However, I am getting the following event logs showing errors prior to reboot: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 16/10/2006 Time: 1:35:46 AM User: N/A Com...

leaving mail on server #3
I know that there is an option to leave mail on server when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one for 'Office'? Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings. Moe wrote: > I know that there is an option to leave mail on server > when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one > for 'Office'? Thank you!! It wasn't as intuitive as Express. I included 'POP' in my search through MS and got the directions. >-----Original Message----- >Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings....

Variable Functions
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column of numbers. Sometimes I want to know the max of the numbers in the column, sometimes the min, sometimes the average, etc. Is there a way for me to type the word MAX or MIN or AVERAGE or . . . into a cell and have the appropriate value appear right below the word I typed? That would mean that the function would have to be set by the words I type in the cell above where the function is located. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Why not just assign 6 cells to provide this info for you. Enter MAX, MIN, and AVG in 3 cells, and under ea...