Lookup #10

I have a sales spreadsheet that is broken down by month (in columns). Each
sale is listed individually (rows), so a salesperson may be listed several
times. I would like to key in a month somewhere on the spreadsheet and have a
formula that will check the month column headings, find the month indicated,
and add up the sales for that month, broken down be each salesperson.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0
Ellen (52)

Hi, Ellen

One easy way would be to sort your spreadsheet - month, salesperson.  Then
go to Data, Subtotal and select Salesperson when it asks for each change,
SUM, Amount

That will get you started.

Carole O

"Ellen" wrote:

> I have a sales spreadsheet that is broken down by month (in columns). Each
> sale is listed individually (rows), so a salesperson may be listed several
> times. I would like to key in a month somewhere on the spreadsheet and have a
> formula that will check the month column headings, find the month indicated,
> and add up the sales for that month, broken down be each salesperson.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

0
CaroleO (115)

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

RESOURCE USAGE 03-21-10
I work with a calendar that is setting 9 hours work/day for all the resources. In the resource usage I see that more than 8 hours of work is shown in red, but also sometimes all kinds of hours like 4.5, 5.6, 4.8 hs is red as well, even though is a normal working day. What is going on here???? txs A couple of things: 1) Are you sure the resource calendars are also set to 9 hours per day? If not, they would show up overallocated when assigned to 9 hours of tasks. 2) Project calculates overallocations to the minute. If you have two tasks, both assigned to the same resource...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

$10,000 a week, as much as $40,000 a month or even up to $500,000 a year!
1) Though multi-level Marketing has been near and dear to many for more than 50 years, 95% of those who trusted it have failed. 2) They failed because most people simply cannot close sales. Without closing they cannot recruit. 3) Without recruiting, duplication cannot happen. Even the 5% who CAN recruit cannot achieve their full potential without duplication. 4) None of the hype, recruiting systems, replicated websites, interruption marketing, sexy products, exotic compensation plans, training kits, books, tapes, seminars, conference calls, or "heavy hitters" have been able to...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

Formula Help 02-02-10
How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while 573 would round up to 600. try =round(a1,-2) where A1 has the number you want to round to the 100's "Jackie Morin" wrote: > How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round > up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while > 573 would round up to 600. You could look up ROUND in Excel help. Try =ROUND(A2,-2) -- David Biddulph Jackie Morin wr...

excel sorting 03-28-10
I have a text spreadsheet of 5,000 names and addresses. Column B needs to restricted to only 16 characters in that column. How do I send the records to the bottom of the page (or delete them) that have data that exceeds 16 characters in Column B? You could insert a new column. In that column, in row 2 put the formula =len(B2) and copy it down the column. Then sort the table on then new column ascending. Tom ...

ploting one cell from 10 worksheets into one chart
i am trying to figure out a way to plot one cell, lets say c-1 from 10 -30 worksheets, in one workbook; on one chart. Each worksheet is a date and each c-1 value is just a number. any help would help thanks alex n. alex.nazarchuK@unitedwater.com ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ You can plot each data point as a separate ser...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Outlook Express #10
I need to move all of my Outlook Express e-mails and addresses to my new laptop. I know that with Outlook 2000 you transfer the .pab and .pst files. Does anyone know what the file extension is for Outlook Express? ...

Manually uninstall GP 10
I am having problems with a GP 10 install on a Vista machine. I tried to do an upgrade from 9 to 10 and it stopped as it was looking for a Service Pack. I have tied to uninstall or reinstall both 9.0 and 10.0 and the setup file will not execute. I have turned off the user account control. I probably have a conflict with something as this a development machine with a myriad of programs on it. It there a way to manually uninstall GP? Jim ...

#N/B errro with vertical lookup
Hi, I have this formula: =VERT.LOOKUP(B2;$J$2:$K$8;2) J2 through K8 is: 2 maandag 3 dinsdag 4 woensdag 5 donderdag 6 vrijdag 7 zaterdag 1 zondag Everything works just fine except when the value of B is 1, then I get #N/B in the corresponding cell Waht to do? Thanks Try this: =VERT.LOOKUP(B2;$J$2:$K$8;2;0) I'm "guessing" that VERT.LOOKUP is the equivalent of VLOOKUP in ENGLISH. If so, then the arguments should be the same. Biff "Jean-Paul De Winter" <jp.dewinter@pandora.be> wrote in message news:Z3x9h.201122$wA.2778204@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > Hi, ...

Lookup Values from a List
I know how to do this in Access, but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. Not sure if it's an IF statement, LOOKUP, INDEX, or something else... Here's the scenario - I have a delimited list that I received from a Vendor that contains Date, Customer, Doc #, Doc Date, SKU and Amount. I need to add one more column with the Item Description. I have a table of SKU's and the corresponding Item Description. I need a formula for the Item Description column that looks at the value in the SKU column, looks at the table of SKU's and enters the correct item description...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

cancel 04-27-10
I DO NOT WISH TO USE YOU AS MY E MAIL ACCESS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DISCONNECT HE EMAIL FROM MY SYSTEM. I USE WINDOWS MAIL this is a forum for Access Databases..... On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:23:42 -0400, "Connie and Bill" <bcrugh@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I DO NOT WISH TO USE YOU AS MY E MAIL ACCESS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DISCONNECT >HE EMAIL FROM MY SYSTEM. I USE WINDOWS MAIL This is not email, Connie and Bill. Windows Mail has two functions - "Mail" and "News". You can use it for either. If you do not want to see the Access newsgroup mes...

Access 2003 Conversion 10-28-03
I just want to know which programming language is used by Access 2003. VBA or .Net because one of my clients is concerned about writing the application in Access 2002 because he has heard that he will not be able to migrate his app. very easily and will have to hire someone to rewrite the app in the new Access 2003. Your input will be greatly appreciated because I searched MS Site for the info and it did not list the programming language for Access 2003. Thanks a bunch Hi Meena, Access 2003 uses the same version of VBA as Access 2002. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:52:26 -0800, "...

Categories 01-10-10
I have upgraded from OLK03 to 07 and I have my previous categories saying "not in Master Category List". How can I have all of these previous catergories apart of the Master Category List. Please if you would give a step by step or where I can see this. Previous columns have answers that for me didn't help. Right click on the root of the mailbox and choose properties, then upgrade to color categories. see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp for a tutorial. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

email 03-28-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop my mail with entourage was working without problems until yesterday. now every time i want to open a email entourage crashes; what should i do? On 3/27/10 7:03 PM, faraon@officeformac.com wrote: > my mail with entourage was working without problems until yesterday. > now every time i want to open a email entourage crashes; what should > i do? Does this happen with one specific message or any message you try to open? You may have a corrupt message and may need to delete it. Close the Preview pane...

CRM 10-29-04
Hi, I'm just starting out with CRM customisation but I'm finding that I dont have many options for customisation... I want to create new entities in the system, and I'm assuming this is done through the metabase?? On the ISV Community Center page for CRM it states: "The Microsoft CRM ISV Resource Kit is available at no charge through the Microsoft� CRM Technical Enablement program." http://msdn.microsoft.com/isv/reskits/crm/default.aspx I am a Microsoft Parter, and have searched the site high and low! Can anybody tell me where to find this Toolkit?! I had the SDK, but...

Trigger question 03-15-10
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is NULL, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT Can I create a trigger to do the above ? Thank you On Mar 15, 10:09=A0am, "fniles"...

id is not an index in this table 03-17-10
I have been working with this database for several years. I now have an error that comes up "id is not an index in this table". I have tried making a new database and importing the tables to start over again. Then it will pop up again. Help! thanks, -- Brent Have your also tried a compact and repair? When does this happen? Can you narrow down the table? It may be that importing the problem table(s) doesn't prevent the problem from being imported. Maybe link to that table in a new database then use a make table query on it to recreate the table with fresh r...