look up with multiplication and sum

Hi, could anybody help me?  I have a worksheet with expenses i
different currrency, I wanted to transform everything in dollar an
then add then.  In column A I have the expense, in column B I have th
currency.  Then I have a table on the side with the exchange rates.
Column C currency again and Column D the exchange rate.  Is there a wa
to create a formula where I transform all expenses in dollar and the
add them?

Thanks,

Marco

Hi
why not format the cells conatining the values as currency?. And then
simply use SUM on this range

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"marksuza >" <<marksuza.1by65g@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:marksuza.1by65g@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi, could anybody help me?  I have a worksheet with expenses in
> different currrency, I wanted to transform everything in dollar and
> then add then.  In column A I have the expense, in column B I have
the
> currency.  Then I have a table on the side with the exchange rates.
> Column C currency again and Column D the exchange rate.  Is there a
way
> to create a formula where I transform all expenses in dollar and then
> add them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcos
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
9/2/2004 8:44:39 AM
solve it in a more manual fashion.  Two formulas.  thanks.

Marcos

---

hi,
you say you have the expecences and the exchange rates.
expence * exchange rate = $.
in colume E enter:   =A2*D2
then copy down. formate column E to Currency. sum column E

0
anonymous (74722)

Pre-formatting Cells to look blank until data is entered
Using Microsoft Excel 2003 Is it possible to pre-set formatting on cells so that the formatting on those cells stay blank until data is entered, then the pre-set formatting is autmatically applied? For Example: Instead of having the entire sheet with Border Formatting, and having pages with blank data w/formatting, the pages will look blank until data is entered, then the formatting will be applied. Does that make sense? Troy Troy, For example, you could use an event: this will copy the format of the cell above after the entry has been made, for any single cell entry in columns A or B...

Multiple If Thens or what?
I have a spreadsheet with a chart. Instead of graphing a number, I want a box on the front of the chart that looks at todays date and returns the corresponding number from the spreadsheet. Date Number 1/22/2009 135 1/30/2009 150 2/05/2009 152 2/10/2009 0 So.. Today's date is 2/03/2009 … I would expect to see the number 152 on the chart. I want a > box on the front of the chart that looks at todays date and returns the > corresponding number from the spreadsheet. Above can be done by Lookup or vlookup function. If you are sure that your table ...

Exchange 2003
Hello to everybody ! It's the first message I post to a MS NG...I'm a bit excited :-). I have a problem and I didn't find anything to resolve it. I have a Win SBS 2003 standard server, italian version, where it is loaded also SQL 2000 SP4, Zetafax 9.1, WSUS. It's an IBM X236, 2 Xeon processor 3.0Mhz, 2 GB ram, 5 HD of 73 Gb, configured in a RAID 5EE volume with 2 partition C and D (for the datas). The server is configured mainly as a file server and we're trying to start to use the exchange server for the internal mail and external mail. Until now we're using 5 ...

How do I import multiple spreadsheets into the same spreadsheet?
I have 35 users entering data on individual PCs. I need to import all 35 spreadheets into a common spreadsheet. How can I do that? Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chicago Joe" <Chicago Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CA1962F2-D879-40DE-A008-F8C353276D90@microsoft.com... > I have 35 users entering data on individual PCs. I need to import all 35 > spreadheets into a common spreadsheet. How can I do that? ...

Import multiple sheet spreadsheet #3
I am importing a single comma delimited text file into Excel 2002 SP3. The final spreadsheet will encompass multiple sheets. What is the delimiter to tell Excel to move on to the next sheet? Thanks for any help. ...

solution w multiple web projects
In a solution that contains multiple web projects ( apps or sites ) , how do we prevent all of them from being started when hitting F5 ? There are no dependencies between the apps. In solution properties setting the solution Startup Project to any of the available options has no effect. Current Selection , Single startup project , and Multiple startup projects with all project Actions = None except one set to Start. In all cases a seperate instance of the development is started for each web project in the solution. I have even unchecked Build for all projects under configuration...

Multiple language customizations
For anyone interested there is a free utility to completely automate doing this into 6 languages on my blog. Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com ...

Multiple Criteria's
I want to create a Query that pulls records from my table with more than one date range. Example, Customers we did busines with between 4-01-05 thru 04-30- 05 and 04-01-06 thru 04-30-06. Currently I have a seperate query for each year. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com There are several ways but the simple one is like this -- Between 4/1/2005 AND 4/30/2005 OR Between 4/1/2006 AND 4/30/2006 -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Rick_DeSimone via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I want to create a Query that pulls records from my table with more t...

crm3.0 on multiple servers (nlb)
hi, i read that for the second instance of crm is required a different licence code, the product key could be the same? is really required for a "developer" test system? regards, Clod If you are talking about having a separate test/dev enviroment then you will need to license this using MSDN subscription. If you are adding a new server to a web farm and using Network Load Balancing then you will need a second MSCRM Server license to run CRM Application server. HTH's -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 http://www.mscrmschool.co.uk "clod" wrote: >...

Multiple CustomTaskPanes in VB6 for Office 2010
[I have also posted this on the answers.Powerpoint forum] Office Version:Office 2010 Operating System:Windows XP Program:PowerPoint We have a COM addin in VB6 for Office 2000, 2003 & 2007. The 2007 version successfully has a Ribbon interface and CustomTaskPanes that are accessible for all open presentations (using ICustomTaskPaneConsumer). However, PowerPoint 2010 has a fundamental change in that CustomTaskPanes (CTPs) are loaded for each open presentation. This is supposed to be done now using the PresentationOpen, WindowActivate events among others. http://msdn.mi...

Single Event Handle for Multiple ActiveX Controls
Greetings, I have a program that creates a number of activeX controls. I want to capture messages fired by these controls and wish to use ON_CONTROL_RANGE to handle the events with a single function. I have declared the handling function as : afx_msg void OnParameterChanged(UINT ctrlID); and: BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP(CSomePage, CWnd) ON_CONTROL_RANGE(1, IDR_PARAMETERSTART, IDR_PARAMETERSTART + 50, OnParameterChanged) END_EVENTSINK_MAP() and the I get the following compilation errors: error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'LPCTSTR' Conversion ...

MVP'S!! LOOK--> HARD QUESTION!! not stupid! Check it out!
Single EX-2003 SP2, running on 2003, SP2, current on all updates, have Veritas 10.d installed as well as the Veritas CPS agent. I have an ISA 2004 Appliance with forms based auth, RPC rules, etc. All works great 10+ smartphones synching, and 7+ Outlook clients connecting via RPC o’v HTTP it works great. Until it doesn’t. multiple times now its stopped working. ISA side is fine, I can see the Authentication form, it seems that all other IIS services fail, without any log errors, they just hang / stop serving pages I can not recycle via an IISRESET, or a simple stop/start of the de...

multiple instances of outlook process
Does anyone know why outlook 2002 runs multiple duplicate processes at the same time? Runs as outlook.exe under Task Manager->Processes (tab)Running winxp pro sp 1 and office xp pro sp2. Thanks, Bill ...

How to switch between multiple frame menus in FeaturePack SDI?
Hi, I have a SDI app that need to support multiple menus. In the past (i.e. without FeaturePack) I used to do the following: 1) Make sure that doc's GetDefaultMenu() returns a desired HMENU 2) Call CFrame's OnUpdateFrameMenu() and DrawMenuBar() How can I accomplish the above with Feature Pack? I'd appreciate any suggestions, Thanks, Bogdan ...

Can I display multiple time lines on a chart?
I am doing a chart that displays scheduled project timelines and costs. I would like to add a second series shows the actual dates when items were delivered and paid for while still showing the original scheduled dates. Is that possible? Yes, this is possible, but it's going to take a little more work. I'm assuming you're using a stacked bar Gantt chart approach similar to the one here: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html For each row in the original data source, you will now need three...

Multiple query criteria, results to new table
Hi, i'm not quite a beginner, but having 'mental block' with where to start constructing a query. I have two tables of data: SAP data & Vendor data. Both have the same fields, but with different data. The Vendor data contains records that may have changed, and the idea is to compare the two tables. In actual terms, there is a record for each combination of Vendor Number, Material Number & Plant. They contain data similar to the following: Vendor Number Material Number Plant Price Terms 123456 987654 555 10...

multiple sum
Good day, I would like to get some help with the next. A B C D E F 1 2 2 1 2 1 1 A are booked pieces 2 B are additional pieces 3 C are actual pieces What I would like to get are D booked pieces left on time E Any additional pieces loaded F If a offload occurs the pieces that's offloaded The problem I get stuck with are if any pieces are offloaded, it should be subtracted from A completely ignoring the figure in B, and if...

Problem sending multiple emails
I have no problem sending to 4 recipients using Microsoft Outlook 2000, however if I try to send to more then 4 I get the following error message. '452 4.5.3 too many recipients Could somebody please help with this problem as I need to send emails to a group of 30 people but at the moment I am having to send them bit by bit, my ISP provider is AOL and they say they cannot help. That's a server message...some mail server somewhere along your line is rejecting messages for having too many recipients. Outlook does not limit the number of recipients a message can have except for t...

Rollup multiple records into one record
Hi, Gang, I'm having a dillema that I probably should be able to figure out on my own, but I'm having issues. I have multiple records which are laid out such as this: Acct ProductName 123 AB1 123 BA1 123 CD1 I want to roll those multiple records into one record that might look something like this: Acct AB1 BA1 CD1 123 Yes Yes Yes For some reason, this is escaping me. Thanks! "kidkosmo" <kidkosmo2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a122a9d...

Cannot Open Multiple Attachments
I am using Outlook 2003. There are several .jpg files in an E-mail message that I would like to open AT THE SAME TIME. In older versions of MS Outlook, I could highlight the attachments, right click, and select OPEN. In MS Outlook 2003, I highlight the attachments, right click, and OPEN is NOT an option. How can I do this? Thanks in advance. ...

Multiple worksheets with non consecutive dates
I have 10 worksheets per workbook. Each worksheet has the same parameters of which I would like to trend. However due to the dates in each worksheet differing (and non consecutive), the chart accepts the dates of the first worksheet as the x-axis and plots all subsequent worksheets in sequential order For exampl Worksheet 1 Worksheet date, paramete Jan 1 44 Jan 29 2 Jan 4 55 Feb 35 8 The chart would use Jan1 and Jan 4 on the x axis and plot worksheet 2 values in the first (Jan 1) and the second (Jan 4) values on the x axis regards Watergirl...

CComboBox losing selected value after performing multiple UpdateData
Hi, I' m currently trying to bug fix a code written by someone else but I really don't understand what is going wrong... The code below is extracted from a small client application that sends data to a server and then display the server answer. For that I've got one combo box containing the data to send to the server : the user can choose to add a new one or re-use an old one by selecting it. The normal behaviour of my application should be : - If the user enter a new data in the combo then this data is added to the combo after the sending - If the user select data from the combo ...

Looking for a checkbox
Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel Worksheet with code to be executed when the user clicks the checkbox. Can someone point me to a way to do this? THanks -Ed Hi use the checkobox from the toolbox toolbar ('View - Toolbars - Toolbox') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ed Landau" <aunst8_2000NO_SPAM@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e2jlBffmEHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel Worksheet > with code to be executed when the user clicks the ch...

Multiple Consolidation Range prob
Problem with data not refreshing with new data. I came across a problem after creating the multiple consolidation ranges, a worksheet for each day. A beginner at this, after the pivot table is compiled, running the pivot table and chart work fine using refresh but adding more data to the source on the worksheets within the data ranges, the pivot table will not recognise the new data that is entered into the worksheets after pressing Refresh button. How can the new data be updated using refresh, or a macro if necessary or another way? tried to find on http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivot...

Open Multiple Word Files, Copy/Paste into One File
This code used to work in my Word 2002; not working in 2007: Sub Foo() Dim i As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Documents.Add With Application.FileSearch 'Search in foldername ..LookIn = "C:\Documents and Settings\Excel\Desktop\Word Files\" ..SearchSubFolders = False ..FileName = "*.doc" ..Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count If InStr(.FoundFiles(i), "~") = 0 Then Selection.InsertFile FileName:=(.FoundFiles(i)), _ ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak End If Next i End With...