Look Up and Display set data

I have an annual leave Tracker / Sickness / Training spreadsheet. On
each day if a member of staff is Sick S is entered if on annual leave
(holiday) H is entered and T for training.

What I would like to do is add a function to display set data.

For Example in Column A I have the names of all staff. Column B their
managers name  then in the other columns C, D, E etc I have dates of
the year.

Is there a way I can display for example / create a page where I can
ask Excel to display say for example activity for a member of staff in
S (Sickness) state, or all details.

Or for example can I run a report / display sickness by manager?.

Is this possible.

Many thanks.

Tim

--
timharding
timharding's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1898

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

Looking for a Forms tutorial
I am looking for a web site that can direct me through a Layman's Term step-by-step Creating Forms. I thought about creating a small test form for a Address Book to begin with and then expand my knowledge to create larger Forms/Databases Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Start here http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm Check out this file also http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

"unable to load personal/free data" MESSAGE
Problem since updating Office to SR-3 (yesterday) I keep getting this message: "unable to load personal/free data" It means nothing to me except that it's irritating. Having checked out HELP it seems to be something to do with letting other people know when I'm busy or free. I haven't got a need to let others know whether I am busy or free, I have never turned on this service. I assume it's to do with the upgrade to SR3. Can anyone help me to get rid of this? Regards Andrew ...

receipient at sent items is not being displayed.
how can i know the receipient at "TO:" at the sent items if it is not being displayed. i tried to click the reply all to check if it will appear at the To: but only my name was there. hope anybody could help me about this problem. Thanks.. What version of Outlook are you using. Also are you referring to when you view your Sent items folder there is not a "column" there showing the TO" Field. If this is the situation then you may just need to add that field to your view. The steps you take depend on the version of Outlook you are using but you should be abl...

unhide data in pivot table
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw that this has been raised before but did not see a solution posted. Has anyone found a workaround? The issue again, I have created a pivot table and in it I ahve e.g columns with data for different years. I want to hide the data on one year and select thehide functionin the fieldsettings and it does disappear neatly, however, when I want to turn this back on it is not possible. It does seem like the cmd button should do the trick when i click it witht he year marked in the fieldsettings, however, it has...

BUG -- SUM after importing data
Hi, I've been trying to find some info on this bug but so far nothing has worked. I have copied a table from the web and am now trying to do so simple SUM functions. But it's not working. I have tried to import the data after exporting them (in case HTML is an issue), but nothing. I have tried some copy and paste special but didn't work. So please help. I have Excel 2000 on XP. Email me at oliviermoratin@yahoo.com Thanks again Hi try the following: - copy an empty cell - select your imported data - goto 'edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' "Olivier"...

Setting default zoom
Can I set up Word 2007 so that every document automatically opens with 100% zoom, or at least the same zoom the document had when last saved? For some reason, Word documents always open with reduced zoom, too small to read for an old bloke like me. If I could get the documents to open at 100% zoom it would save the need to change the zoom setting every time I open a document. -- Alan Neilsen Change the zoom setting - http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm or You can control the zoom with auto macros in normal.dot. The following will set it to 100% zoom regardl...

look up with a custom entity
Hi there i have a a question regarding custom entity and i appreciate if yuo can help me... am trying to customize the account form to fit our business need, I need to add a new field called “IT director” in the account form. The IT director represents a contact person from that specific account. I want that field to appear with a look up glass, and when I click that glass, it refers me to our contacts. I have created a custom entity called IT director, and added a new 1- to many relationship, and related it to Accounts. Then I went to the account form and I added the new field “IT D...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists with approximately 100 items/rows, with 5 pieces of data in each row. Each list has a common element (account number). Many times the account number shows on both lists, and I want to combine How do I combine both lists to use as source data in a pivot table? ...

Using Excell to input data into Access
Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access? The actual reason for using excel to enter the fields in access is that over 100 of our users are familiar with excel, but do not know anything about databases. They actually call excel a database about 1/2 of the time. We work in a contract research facility that does lots of different projects in several scientific disciplines of varying complexity. I started using databases to store my research data in back in the 80's with db3. We did not even have an IT department until about 2 years ago. I have been trying to drag ...

I'm looking for C/C++ beautifier / formatter
I'm looking for a C/C++ beautifier and formatter (non-command line based) I see a lot of links for them, but they are non-existent broken links. Anybody know of one that is decent? integrates into VS6 or VS.Net? (something like the VB code formatter CodeSmart would be great) Martin Ortiz wrote: > I'm looking for a C/C++ beautifier and formatter (non-command line based) > > I see a lot of links for them, but they are non-existent broken links. > Anybody know of one that is decent? integrates into VS6 or VS.Net? > (something like the VB code formatter CodeSmart would ...

How do I set zoom to default at 100%?
Do you see the big white space underneath the little white space where you typed your question? This is used to type in a longer message containing more details. The message appears in a space like the one you see this one in. I would suggest telling us what version of Publisher you are using, so we can help you further. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Setting an integer to null
I have a check box on a form that shows YES or NO when displayed as a column in that forms view(s). I'd like it to show YES, but in the case of NO I'd like it to be null. I've tried using the OnChange event for that field and the OnSave event for the form to test if it is not 1 and if so set the DataValue = null. When I go back to the view it still says No. Any advice how to make this work? Hi Bob, Try the following script: if(crmForm.all.new_bittest.DataValue==false) { crmForm.all.new_bittest.DataValue=null; crmForm.all.new_bittest.ForceSubmit=true; } Replace new_bitte...

How do I set up daily reminder with tasks?
I want to set a reminder to take a medication each day at noon but don't want it in my calendar since I don't want it sync'd to my phone. I tried using tasks and it's rather cumbersome. I set it up to remind every day and then regenerate a new one but I found that if you don't check the box then it won't regenerate the next days task. Simply clicking DISMISS isn't enough. Is there a better way to do this? And once you check the task is complete so it will regenerate you then have to delete it...or over time you end up with a bunch of tasks that say MEDIC...

set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?
how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Manually I don't think it's possible to set more than one sheet's print area at a time. Of course a macro can make this a lot quicker. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote in message news:BF8D4BDF-1787-4633-B5D0-AA6F2E4732AF@microsoft.com... | how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option without using VBA. Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on groupe...

Importing gain/loss data from Schwab
I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is >there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to >do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree wi...

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

looking for a pamflet or guide templet to produce a small book pr.
I am looking for a templet or setup that will print a guide or instructions with many pages in the form of a small booklet. It should be able to be printed in order by a double sided printer on 81/2 x 11 paper folded stapled and be book size. An example: the Guide that came with this Office 2003 upgrade Software, which is just a little smaller Creating a publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062559031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "D.E.R." <D.E.R.@discussions.microsoft.com...

Report data in email
I have a Query with Email addresses and another Query with account numbers and dollar amounts. Does anyone know how to insert the data from the Query with account numbers and dollar amounts so that it goes to the individual email address? Thanks in advance for your help. Sandy It would depend how your database is structured. What tables do you have in it and what do they contain? Evi "SandySun" <SandySun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242BE193-0CBA-4CEF-9616-843180165FCD@microsoft.com... > I have a Query with Email addresses and another Query with a...

looking for range of text in a single cell
I just started a new job and my company already had a file with abou 16,000 records in it (called Products). This file contains all of th parts numbers that they carry. In this file there is one column calle "description". This cell contains the dimensions, color name and som other information such as if the piece is flat or rounded. I hav another file that has about 400 records and this file tells me "colo name" as well as the "type" of stone that it is (called Stone_Type). What I am trying to do is add a field to the Products file that wil say stone type. ...

Data types
How do you mach the data type in excell with the data type in access? In excess I have have for SSN the category as special and type social security number, ans in Access I have the data type as" number". What can I do to get them to mach so I can update my records? Also with Zip code and Phone number in excel and "number" in Access. Andrew Hi it is generally accepted that zip code, phone number (maybe SSN, but i don't use these) are stored as TEXT in Access as you're not performing calculations with them and might like to store non-numeric symbols (e.g. t...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

To have a 'fixed cell' be equal to the last data entered cell in a column
Good Evening All, I have a worksheet, example below. I have frozen the panes to always show rows 1-3. I wish the cell A3 to be the same as the last 'non-blank' cell in Column A.(See explanation below). A B 1 2 Header Header 3__________________ 4 M1004 5 M1005 6 M1002 7 M1003 8 M1006 9 M1001 10 So in this case, at present, A3 would be M1001,(A9), but when I enter a new value in A10, (eg M1008), I would like A3 to automatically update to A10 ie M1008. I think that maybe INDIRECT or OFFSET maybe involved but am fairly unfamiliar with ...

calls to extract data from an open database
I have a workbook that on the “open” event connects to an Oracle database using ADO, this works fine. I need to code various calls to the data base to run several queries. How do I achieve this? Do I have to repeat the ADO connection string to the database complete with password etc; I am sure this is not necessary. Any code will be very gratefully received. -- with kind regards Spike The usual way to handle this is have a Public or Private ADO connection object so you can set that up once and keep it alive till you don't need it anymore. So for example: Opti...

Comparing columns and extracting data
I've got two columns with lots of data in each. Some unique, some the same. Short example: Col A cat cow dolphin dog fish horse snake zebra Col B bear cow dolphin dog fish hamster monkey zebra I would like to create additional columns with the following stipulations: Col C (what's common in both A & B) Col D (what's in A but not B) Col E (what's in B but not A) Any help is appreciated. These are all array formulas. **Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER) > Col C (what's common in both A & B) Ass...