CC (County Council)
Care
Nursing
Primary
Trust
PCT (Primary Care Trust)
Hospital
Commission

etc etc of words that I want to filter on in a list...  I tried
creating a macro, but it only allows two criteria...

Any ideas as to how I might do this in one operation?  Also, to easily
add words to this list!

Yours hopefully

ET

--
englishtwit
englishtwit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5464

You can use an Advance Filter to extract the data. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

englishtwit wrote:
> I have a long list...
>
> School
> College
<snip>

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/19/2005 12:35:08 PM
This is an excellent answer - however, the list that I have could hav
the words details any where in the row.

So - column a might contain

St Jospehps Pre-school
University of St Helen
Johns Accountancy Service

The solution suggested is great, but will only work if the list you yo
searching for has the 'criteria' word at the start of the row.

I have 50 words (and growing) that I need to find.  The only technica
solution I can use is Excel.

Hear's hoping!

englishtwi
englishtwit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=546
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38827

Lists Questions
i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form. I have it setup so that i can select multiple options. how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this list on the form itself. is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected? Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field? That doesn't seem right. A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList You have to loop through the Item...

how to create a dynamic descending list of months & years
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet whereby in cell A1 I enter in any given Month and Year ("January 2005", formatted as a date), and in cells B1:J1 the previous months and years show up (December 2004; November 2004; October 2004; etc....) If I type in "April 1985", the adjacent cells would read "March 1985; February 1985; January 1985; December 1984; etc... I've thought of a couple laboriuos, crude, potentially faulty ways of doing this, but it seems like there should be an eloquent solution. Very much appreciated!!! Marika :) Can you put the followi...

Track Changes with Copy/Paste
I have a user who uses Track Changes. Sometimes he copies/pastes that info into a new document and the 'track changes' feature remains active and working in the new document, which he likes. However, sometimes the Track Changes settings don't carry over to the new document. How can he copy/paste from a document where Track Changes is being used so that the Track Changes feature/settings carry over to the new document? Thank you. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Copying for a description of the rules that apply when cop...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Customizing the "Details:" list for an entity?
I've created my own custom entities as an alternative to the default Product and Opportunity Product entities. This is because the whole price-list model doesn't fit my organization at all, and I can't seem to remove those attributes/relationships. So now, the Details: list for an Opportunity looks like this: Details: - Information - Products - Relationships - Sales Process - Activities - History - My Custom Opportunity Products Questions: 1) How do I rename that last entry, which is the relationship to my custom entity? 2) How do I move it up in the list? 3) How do I rem...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

Access2000: Setting a filter to a subform
Hi I have an unbound form fmMain. On this form I have some combo boxes (cbbAGroup, cbbAStatus, cbbAStore), and a subform sfAssets, which is based on form fmAssets. The source for form fmAsset is a table tblAssets with fields AssetID, AGroup,...,CurrStatus, CurrStore, ... etc. For subform sfAssets is defined the link cbbAGroup-->Agroup, i.e. the subform always displays assets of the single group, determined by combo on fmMain. Now 2 other combos must determine a filter condition for form fmAssets. The filter condition will be (in simplified form, not the real formula) Iif(cbbAStatus=...

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

Global Adress list not updating
Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating when users are added or deleted in Active directory. I have clicked on "Update Now" under Recipient Update Service In Exchange System Manager. This does not update the list. Any ideas anyone? Which version of Exchange? Which version of Windows? Which version of Outlook? E "Brendon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3c42e$bb8ee630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating > when users are added or deleted in Active direct...

List Webpart Installs fine, but crashes Sharepoint
Ok, I read the readme, and see that others have had trust delegation issues. I have a single SBS 2003 server. When I install the CRM Webpart, go to Sharepoint and add the webpart to the home page, subsequent visits give me a Sharepoint Timeout error. When I uninstall the list webpart, the company webpage comes back up fine. Where would I find a log file or something to help diagnose this? I've googled the issue and can't find anyone else having this problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, James ...

combobox list in userform
Hi How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? -- robzrob You put it in code. When the form initializes, use either the AddItem method or the List property to set the rows. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "robzrob" wrote: > Hi > > How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? > -- > robzrob ...

Deleted items
I'd like for my deleted items to be listed in date order when deleted rather than the date they were originally received. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d66c023f-3eed-461f-bfa3-01769e...

how can I find the nearest figure?
Hi, I have a list of numbers on column A:A with associated text on column B:B I am doing calculations on another Sheet and come up with a number. I want to compare this number with the Sheet1 A:A column numbers and find the closest number to it amongst then. Then I need to find the associated text for this on Sheet1's B:B text. Any ideas how to achieve this? Thanks Martyn Vlookup should do the job. E.g =VLOOKUP(100,$A$1:$B$500,2) In the above example you numbers would be in Column A and sorted in Ascending order. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & ...

Create List/Add Row
Hello, I used the "Create List" function for a number of columns in a worksheet - but not all. I need to add a row, and I keep getting a message that says, "This operation is not allowed. The operation is attempting to shift cells in a list on your worksheet." I can add a row IN a list, but it only adds it in one column and doesn't carry it across the worksheet. It's when I try to add a row outside of a list that I get the error. Is there a way to correct this, so I can add/delete rows as needed? Thank you, in advance. Maybe you can convert e...

How can I enlarge a picture on word/document and print it?
Might be a 'Drawing and Graphics' question. Hello Ruben Ruben wrote: > Might be a 'Drawing and Graphics' question. yes, it might ... :-) You don't say with which part you are having trouble, but I suppose it's the enlarging; usually, you simply click and hold on any picture corner and drag. If that doesn't work, please specify what kind of picture in what kind of document, version of Word, etc. HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML ...

Merging Data into Word and Want Checkboxes (Yes/No data type)
I am trying to merge data from my access database into word. I have several items that are checkboxes in access. How do i get those checkboxes to merge into word so that i see them. Right now they just produce numbers if they are checked or not. Thanks I'm not sure you can do with with a straight mail merge. The following is a snippet of code from one of my applications. The app relies on documents that have already been bookmarked with simple bookmarks (for fields longer than 255 characters), checkboxes (for y/n fields), and textboxes for everything else. The merging is d...

How to import a "Sender Filter" list into Exchange 2003 ?
How to import a large "Sender Filter" list of SMTP addresses into Exchange 2003 I know how to enter individual addresses manually: Message Delivery Properties > Sender Filte Surely, for enterprises we are not expected to enter the list one by one into that keyhole of a dialog. Appreciate the tip Rober There is a script available from: http://www.cdolive.net/download/cdoutilities.zip This script allows you to import/export the filter list, it is designed for Exchange 2000 but I think it will work for Exchange 2003 The thing to remember is that the filter option is not real...

Excel to Word mail merge problem
I am having a problem with a mail merge document taking data from and Excel worksheet. The data includes currency values. Trailing zeros are not appearing meaning that 147.50 appears as 147.5. How can I make it read 147.50 in the Word document? TIA Ian In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word -- under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to 'Confirm Conversion at Open') From that list, choose 'MS Ex...

Creating a price list,with different row heights
I am trying to create a price list for my business. The problem I am having is that the price lists consist of two columns containing text. In the first column, the text has been wrapped, thereby increasing the row height. In the next column, there is less text, therefore leaving a gap with the text in the above row. How can I make excel have varying row heights? Thanks Sanjay -- sbellare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sbellare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25636 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

Finding Duplicate Names from Different Lists...
Hi guys, I'm having an issue finding and deleting off of a current list of company names, names from another list. For example I have List 1 that has 3,000-4,000 company names and contact names. On List 2 I have a list of company names that I need to take off of List 1. VLOOKUP works to a point, but if on one list the name ends with "Corp." and on the other it is "Corp" (without the period) it won't find it. "Inc." and "Inc" are another issue. Is there a better way than VLOOKUP to find these names? I've tried to do some name prep, but...

use the repeat key (F4) in Publisher like Word
After following the help directions, there doesn't appear to be an option for repeat key in Publisher. F4 is the repeat key in Word. So, why can I not use this in Publisher also. Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dynamite" <dynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39869267-91E1-4664-B818-B3CA5D78BF34@microsoft.com... > After following the help directions, there doesn't...

List control #4
Hi, How to insert an image as back ground in list control. I need to place some text on it (i.e., in the rows). Also, How to increase the height's of individual rows in a list control. Thank you. This will help you with respect to increasing the height of individual rows in a list control http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/changerowheight.asp For background image in list box this will do: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/listctrldemo.asp Check this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/backgroundcolorandimage/article.php/c4173/ One way I've done this is to have...

Eliminating duplicates in a drop down list
I have constructed a database for a victim services organization with some 2000 clients. (sad commentary on today's world) One of the required reports is all the activity of an individual client. Obviously this suggests a one-to-many arrangement, as one client may be associated with more than on incident. But each callout record is unique, even though the client may be the same. I set up a popup with a text control wherein a partspec of the client's last name is entered. That information is then sent to a drop down box on the same form with this SQL in the rowsource pro...

Application startup time too long
Hi I had a winform db app in fw 1.1 which loaded pretty quickly. I have rewritten same app in fw 3.65 but it takes a long time to load. The splash screen comes quick but then it stays there for ever before the main form is loaded. How can I improve the start-up? The app uses application framework. Thanks Regards On 5/13/2010 5:30 PM, John wrote: > Hi > > I had a winform db app in fw 1.1 which loaded pretty quickly. I have > rewritten same app in fw 3.65 but it takes a long time to load. The splash > screen comes quick but then it stays there for ever b...

LDAP & Exchange 2003 Address List
In attempt to create an Exchange 2003 Address List, I'm looking for the LDAP Query syntax to show all users, groups, contacts, etc EXCEPT when extensionattribute10=X OR extensionattribute10=Y OR extensionattribute10=Z. My starting point is: (Just Speculating) (&(mailnickname=*)(extensionattribute10!=X)) -- I have no idea what NOT EQUAL needs to be -- I don't know how to add the OR logic Anyone know of a good resource for this, or anyone willing to help? TIA! --Kirby kirbych@ptdprolog.net (K. Huntsinger) wrote: >In attempt to create an Exchange 2003 Address List, I'm ...