Lock Pivot Table Column Widths

Hi,

Everytime I refresh my pivot table the column width
changes.  Is there a way to set and lock the column widths
of the pivot table.

Thanks,
Christine
0
anonymous (74722)

Turn off AutoFormat in the PivotTable, and the column width should be
retained:

Right-click on a cell in the PivotTable
Choose Table Options
Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

how can I lock certain cells?
I have 3 cells on a form that I need to be locked, so no one can change the value in it. But the other boxes can be typed in. How can I lock those 3 cells only? Linds By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected. Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK. Select the cells you wish to lock and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "locked" and OK. Now Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet. This is mandatory!! You can set a password to unprotect. These can easily be broken in Excel but will keep your f...

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

can a column have diffent width?
I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in column A and numbers in column B but column A must be wider to accept the names. I want the dates to be a certain width say 64 pixels and the names to be 336 pixels,can this be done? thanks No, a column has one width from top to bottom best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dave" <spammer@nospammer.net> wrote in message news:kdLGf.8425$bW6.4202@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in >...

Table headings in Excel
Hi, How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? Thanks, Allie Hello, try File - page setup - sheet then enter your range in 'rows to repeat at top' Suddes "Allie" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? > > Thanks, > Allie Suddes' response is correct for printing. If you're wanting them to display as you scroll down, you can split/freeze the panes. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? > >Thanks, >Allie >. &...

Excel ODBC driver created table/inserted data lost on application
Using native ODBC API I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. While my application is running I can disconnect and reconnect to the Excel data source and see the new table and its data. However, when my application exit the new table and inserted data are lost and the spreadsheet is never updated. Is there a special ODBC command to close/save an Excel worksheet? OK. I found out the cause of this is...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

Pivot Table Drop Down Boxes
I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page selection, then open the District drop down box, and all districts countrywide are shown. I only want to see Districts to choose from in Region A. Excel 2003 - Windows XP That feature isn't available in the pivot table dropdown lists. Dave S wrote: > I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant > to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page > selection, then ...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Combining Tables
Hello, I have 5 files in excel. These files will have the same fields, but the information will change in them every week. I am then going to import the the excel files into access into my five tables that I have created. What I need is from all those 5 five tables to be combined into one big table. I want to keep all the same fields, just a combination of the five. I have to do some modifications on that on that huge file. But my main concern is how to combine all that data into one huge file. Thanks It sounds as though you are expecting Access to be Excel ("same...

Column Labels #5
I have a coworker who changed the column labels from letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Does anyone know how to change them back to letters. The columns are numbered in all of the worksheets that she opens. Stephanie tools>options>general>settings>ric1 uncheck -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stephanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d7701c52341$aceff2e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a coworker who changed the column labels from > letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Do...

Access 2003 linked tables causes read-only
Hi A weird one - I have an Access 2k mdb set with linked tables. Ive opened the set under Access 2003. If the link is to the c: drive (where the functions are) all is OK, but if I put the mdb with the tables in on a net drive (eg X:\.....) the tables become read only and I can find how to stop this.. Any help anyone, please???!!?? thanks Jim McDonald What permissions do you have on the folder where the mdb has been placed? You must have Change permissions (Read, Write, eXecute and Delete) on the folder, not just the file. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

SBS2008 - Activesync
Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 today and configured their mobiles. They really *hate* that their mobile handsets are locking after a short period of inactivity. Is it down to this policy setting ? Activesync - Maximum inactivity time lock 15mins They either want this lengthening considerably or want it disabling altogether. They want to choose when they want to lock their phones. What's the score regards this ? They want it to work the same as it did on their old SBS2003 server. Jim wrote: > Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 toda...

New To Pivot Table
I have the following sales data: dept, category, description, Qty sold, sold price, total sale, date sold, cost,profit,prfit margin. the following is an example: beer 12 pks,miller lite, 2, 7.99, 15.98, 7/1/05, 13.98, 2, 14% The 12 pks represents the ctegory, miller lite represents the description, and soforth. I have about 15 different departments, I would like to setup a pivot table to track and compare the data per week, month, quarters and year, for example: total sales, profit, cost, profit margin for the first week on july for each department compared with the same da...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

Scroll Through Pivot Table Entries
XL 2007 XP I have a pivot table chart. The chart is setup to show only one entry at at time. I have with many different entries, 197 total, in the Report Filter, however, as mentioned above I only want it to display one entry at at time. Is there a way to create a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar and use that so that it causes the chart to scroll through each entry one at a time? Thanks ...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

How do I sort a column consisting of fractions, decimals, and who.
I need to sort products by the horsepower. Horsepower can be a fraction, decimal or whole number. For example, I need 1/100 to come before 1/10, 1/125 to come before 1/12, 1/10 to come before 1.0, 3/4 to come before 1...etc. Why don't you use the Fraction format under Number format? That way you only enter the decimal value and it will be represented by it's fraction, but the sorter won't be confused. Another option is to use this formula: =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("/",E8)),VALUE(E8),LEFT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)/RIGHT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)) Where E8 is ...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...