Location of "Find Results" on Page.

   Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND highlights
the found cell?

   In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have quite a
few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears in the
middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the visible
page.

  To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted cell
appear at the top of the page?

Thanks
0
EJMurphy (4)

Is this what you need?

Sub findandscroll()
Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _
..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>    Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND
highlights
> the found cell?
>
>    In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have quite a
> few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears in
the
> middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the
visible
> page.
>
>   To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted cell
> appear at the top of the page?
>
> Thanks

0
Don
11/7/2005 5:13:27 PM
I'm not sure, Don. Where would this get entered?
I'm not writing a program, or a formula.
I want to change the way the "FIND" function displays.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Is this what you need?
>
> Sub findandscroll()
> Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _
> ..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True
> End Sub
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >    Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND
> highlights
> > the found cell?
> >
> >    In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have quite a
> > few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears in
> the
> > middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the
> visible
> > page.
> >
> >   To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted cell
> > appear at the top of the page?
> >
> > Thanks

0
EJMurphy (4)
11/7/2005 5:51:11 PM
This is a macro that you put into a module and execute from the menu or
assign to a button.
alt f11 to goto the visual basic editor.  If you like, send me an email and
I'll send you a workbook.

--
> I'm not sure, Don. Where would this get entered?
> I'm not writing a program, or a formula.
> I want to change the way the "FIND" function displays.
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > Is this what you need?
> >
> > Sub findandscroll()
> > Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _
> > ..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >    Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND
> > highlights
> > > the found cell?
> > >
> > >    In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have
quite a
> > > few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears
in
> > the
> > > middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the
> > visible
> > > page.
> > >
> > >   To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted
cell
> > > appear at the top of the page?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Don
11/7/2005 6:49:20 PM
OK. I understand doing this as a macro. But, I use the "FIND" continually
throughout the day. This will create more key strokes. I'm trying to reduce
the number of keystrokes/mouse clicks, that need to be performed everytime I
bring up a new find.

  I brought this up here to see if anyone knows of a way to change
"REGEDIT?", to accomplish my goal.

  I guess the biggest question would be, "Where does Excel get its command
to tell the screen to scroll and place the 'found' cell where it does?

Thanks, for your help, Don. If there isn't any other way, I may write the
macro to include the search and your suggested method for scrolling the page.

Thanks, again,
E. J.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> This is a macro that you put into a module and execute from the menu or
> assign to a button.
> alt f11 to goto the visual basic editor.  If you like, send me an email and
> I'll send you a workbook.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure, Don. Where would this get entered?
> > I'm not writing a program, or a formula.
> > I want to change the way the "FIND" function displays.
> >
> > "Don Guillett" wrote:
> >
> > > Is this what you need?
> > >
> > > Sub findandscroll()
> > > Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _
> > > ..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > Don Guillett
> > > SalesAid Software
> > > donaldb@281.com
> > > "E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > highlights

> quite a
> in
> > > the
> > > visible

> cell

0
EJMurphy (4)
11/7/2005 7:31:09 PM
glad I was able to help. Your specific request is beyond me. Let me know if
you find THE solution you need.

--
> OK. I understand doing this as a macro. But, I use the "FIND" continually
> throughout the day. This will create more key strokes. I'm trying to
reduce
> the number of keystrokes/mouse clicks, that need to be performed everytime
> bring up a new find.
>
>   I brought this up here to see if anyone knows of a way to change
> "REGEDIT?", to accomplish my goal.
>
>   I guess the biggest question would be, "Where does Excel get its command
> to tell the screen to scroll and place the 'found' cell where it does?
>
> Thanks, for your help, Don. If there isn't any other way, I may write the
> macro to include the search and your suggested method for scrolling the
page.

> Thanks, again,
> E. J.
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > This is a macro that you put into a module and execute from the menu or
> > assign to a button.
> > alt f11 to goto the visual basic editor.  If you like, send me an email
and
> > I'll send you a workbook.
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "E. J. Murphy" <EJMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm not sure, Don. Where would this get entered?
> > > I'm not writing a program, or a formula.
> > > I want to change the way the "FIND" function displays.

> > quite a
> > in

> > cell

0
Don

export find results
is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a new excel sheet) Hi Amir, > is there a way to export the results of the 'find' query to a notepad or a > new excel sheet) If you download my "Flexfind" utility, you can use it's "List" button to do just that: www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceFF-EN.htm Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com I expect that the only way to do that would be through VBA. If you press Alt-F11 from Excel you'll go to the VBA editor. Go to Help and look up the ...

Advanced Find Results Export Failure
Hi all, I am seeing problems exporting results from Advanced Find to Excel. Sometimes, when the user clicks on the Excel icon, the program just seems to hang at a window showing "project_data.aspx to crm" and the transfer icon (showing files flying across from one folder to another), but the action does not get completed. This appears to be pretty random, it works once, but then not the next time, for the same Saved View. Could this be a Security Role related setting? Or is this related to the server? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. - Smita Thought I'...

Add a button to Advanced Find Results
Hi all; I am trying to add a button the advanced find results view. And after clicking the button I want to run my own code. Can I customize a the advanced find view and want to add a button. Is it possible? Alper Can not without modifying the underlying source and scripts behind CRM. This is not documented or supported. Its possible other companies may prodice a more powerful advanced feature but as yet I have not seen one. "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote in message news:OnYQQOjIEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all; > I am trying to add a button t...

Change Default View for Advanced Find Results? (OL 2003)
I'll pose the brief question first. If you know the answer to it, there is no need to read the background (and many thanks in advance!). The question: Is there a way to configure Outlook 2003 Advanced Find so that the results always come up with a user pre-defined view (set of fields) rather than Advanced Find results' default columns? (Or, better yet, is there a way to permanently reset standard Find to search only From and Subect instead of fulltext?) Background: I liked the fact that standard Find in OL 97 defaulted to searching >From and Subject...took less time than fulltex...

Advanced Find Results/Export
Hello All, No matter which entity i'm in, if I do an advanced find and the results of that find are more than 10,006 records, when I export that advanced find to Microsoft Excel it only exports the 10,006. Is this some kind of limitation of CRM or timeout function that can allow this not to happen? I changed the general request timeout for CRM itself to potentially fix this and other issues, however, it hasn't seem to help. I can however use SQL Reporting Services through CRM and create a filterable report that returns all the the records and allows me to export to the maximum...

How to send message to advanced find results?
Running Outlook 2003. I run an advanced query to get a list of contacts. Now I have exactly the list of contacts I want to email in the Advanced Find results dialog. Is there an easy way to send an e-mail to everyone in the results list? Thanks for your help. Select all, drag to your inbox? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tom C. asked: | Running Outlook 2003. I run an advanced query to get a list of | c...

Location of "Find Results" on Page.
Is it possible to change the location on the page, where FIND highlights the found cell? In the worksheet I am searching, some of the listings can have quite a few rows. When FIND locates and highlights the found cell, it appears in the middle of the page. And, some of the rows are below the bottom of the visible page. To be more specific, can Excel be changed to have the highlighted cell appear at the top of the page? Thanks Is this what you need? Sub findandscroll() Application.Goto Range(Columns(1) _ ..Find(4).Address), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

Can "Totals" be displayed in Advance Find results?
This seems like a question that would've been asked many times before, but I can't find any reference to is here. Can total search results be displayed in the search results pane? The only reference to a solution for this is by a company in Romania called Creative Software Solution. They have a screen grab at http://www.creativesolutions.ro/img/Customizations-GridCount.jpg. Anyone know how I can make the customization myself? Thanks! Andy. Dear Andy, There are few options. 1. Writing Reports and show total 2. Add Total as custom value and use javascript to add that va...

Notes on Advanced Find Results of Report?
Is it possible to have the notes show up on the advanced find results so I can export them with everything else to Excel? That field doesn't show up when I edit which columns I want to appear. Or is there some way I can run a custom report with the notes and other fields I want and then export to excel? Thanks! ...

FIND results doesn't give most recent emails first. Any hint to fix?
FIND results doesn't give most recent emails first. Any hint to fix? I have Outlook 2002 client connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server. I spend lots of time search info from the old emails (from 2001 to current 12/2003). The FIND (Look for) feature always generates results from 7/22/2002 first. I was hoping it could pop up with the most current emails first so that I don't have to wait for couple minutes. I tried ESEUTIL compact and defragment the database. No help. Would moving the whole mailbox from one server to another rearrange the data in order so that the latest emails always pop up...