ListBox (maybe?) ... If so, how?

Excel 2000 ... Earlier today I saw a spread sheet that
had what appeared to be a Filter Switch in a Cell.

When cell with switch selected ... switch listed 2 values
to choose from (Y or N) ... In addition, as different
cells (requiring same Y or N value) were selected the
switch moved to selected cell.

Above said ... how is this all accomplished as I wish to
replicate this capability on another spread sheet?

Thanks ... Kha
0
anonymous (74722)

Ken,

What you describe sounds like Data Validation. Check out "Designate valid
cell entries" in Excel Help.

David

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2000 ... Earlier today I saw a spread sheet that
> had what appeared to be a Filter Switch in a Cell.
>
> When cell with switch selected ... switch listed 2 values
> to choose from (Y or N) ... In addition, as different
> cells (requiring same Y or N value) were selected the
> switch moved to selected cell.
>
> Above said ... how is this all accomplished as I wish to
> replicate this capability on another spread sheet?
>
> Thanks ... Kha

You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There
are instructions in Excel's help, and here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
12/15/2004 4:47:16 AM

0
anonymous (74722)

Multiselect Listbox to another Listbox
Here is a summary of what I need help with. I have the following: tblECR ECRID - PK ECRNumber - Text tblECN ECNID - PK ECRsSelected - Text (listbox) On the form "frmECN" I have an unbound listbox that does a query on tblECR and lists all the ECRNumber entries into the listbox. I also have a listbox on frmECN called ECRsSelected. Finally, I have a commandbutton that "Copies" multiple values selected from the first listbox to the second listbox (ECRsSelected). The code works in that I can get multiple selections to the ECRsSelected listbox. The ...

column headings in a listbox
How do you populate column headings in a listbox? In the ListBox, - set the ColumnCount property to number of columns, - set ColumnHeads to True, - set RowSource to the range of cells >>below<< the column headers text The cells above this RowSource range will be used as column headers. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "cd" <deycd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1133383293.285343.122520@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How do you populate column headings in a listbox? > ...

listbox question 01-26-08
Hi, I noticed that you actually don't pick a value when you scroll through a listbox. You have to place the cursor in the field itself and then go to another object to really pick the value... I find this rather confusing. Is there a way to pick a value from a listbox by scrolling? Thanks JP Not with the normal listbox properties. You must click on an item in the listbox in order to select it. If you wanted to "select" the item by scrolling to the desired row, and then have the "top" row in the display be picked, you'd need to write programming that detects w...

How to get the item having unicode string in selected mode by pressing starting characterin a ListBox?
Hi all, I created one unicode enabled listbox extending from CCheckListBox. As like simple VB list box I am not able to select the string by pressing the first character of the unicode string. Listbox style is of LBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED|LBS_HASSTRINGS type. By enabling IME mode i want to select that string. Can anybody tell me how to achieve that? ...

Maybe Partial?
Hello, I have a class named CultureAttribute which is used as follows: [Culture(CookieName = "Culture", Cultures = "en-US,pt-PT", DefaultCulture = "pt-PT")] public class BaseController : Controller { } The problem is that I would like to use the Culture attribute as follows: [Culture(CookieName = Config.Culture, Cultures = Config.Cultures, DefaultCulture = Config.DefaultCulture)] public class BaseController : Controller { } However this is not allowed. I don't want to access Config properties directly from CultureAttribute Cl...

Listbox Font Size
I have a listbox open on my worksheet. The listbox is from the Forms toolbar. How do I change the font size in this list box? I know how to do this if I use the listbox from the Controlbox toolbar but in this case I find it easier to use the listbox from the Forms Toolbar >>How do I change the font size in this list box? Unfortunately there is no way to do this as far as I know. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

I don't know if it helps, but maybe
These links to forums (I know it are no newsgroups) are placed in the VB forums (dotNet) for VB6 related questions. I put this only in this newsgroup, to give an idea where the persons who searching on MSDN probably will go, if they search for answers for VB6 on MSDN. http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1 http://vbcity.com/forums/26.aspx Be aware that the dotNet newsgroups are also closed, so please not all kind of comments, it was not me who decided or in anyway has stimulated that. Success Cor "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname@planet.n...

Listbox size changes when opening Excel
I use an imbedded ActiveX listbox in an Excel document. If the document "Zoom Magnification" is set to something less than 100%, then whenever I open the Excel document, the size of the listbox gets smaller. For example, if the "Zoom Magnification" for the Excel document is set to 75%, and the list box has a width of 1 inch and a height of 2 inches, then the next time I open the document, the listbox automatically resizes to a width of 0.75 inches and a height of 1.5 inches, and I have to go into "Design" mode to change the listbox size back to what I w...

Listbox w/many columns, need update all columns to table
I have a listbox with five columns pulling from one table(contracts). Column one is bound to underlying table(review). How can I change matching fields in underlying table for all columns in listbox being pulled from contracts table? I wish I could bind them all to the review table, but I have their control source to reflect the appropriate column of the bound value. If you use the listbox to select a contract, then open a form to update the selected contract, you can use the unload event or after update event of the edit contract form to requery the listbox to show the change...

Bring all data from a cell to a listbox inside a form
Dear all, I have a cell with data separeted by a ";" caracter, for example: Item1;Item2;Item3;Item4 So when I initialize my userform I would like that my listbox "lstTest" load the data in the cell (1,1) But I need the data in lines (the separation is the ";" caracter). For example: lstTest (looks like) Item1 Item2 Item3 Item4 Thank in advance!!!!!! Andr=E9. If you're using xl2k or later: Option Explicit Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim myArr As Variant myArr = Split(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value, "...

Gray out listbox items at the runtime
Hi, I have created a GUI in VC++ 6.0 using MFC. It contains a listbox with many items which are going to be mapped to some strings by user. I want to disable(gray out) the item whenever it has been mapped. I have searched the newsgroups and understand I need to create an owner drawn listbox , but I don't know how to draw different color for each individual item , also have no idea on graying out one particular item at the runtime. Could anybody can help me with some sample code to do the similar works? Thanks, Eileen "eileen" <eileenlxh@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Listbox #2
Hello! Need a little help please. Question, how do I terminate/close the listbox after the user made one selection? My code filling up a the listbox and calling a Userform1 Thank's ahead for any pointers. Sub slist() i = 1 For Each ws In Worksheets UserForm1.ListBox1.AddItem (Worksheets(i).Name) i = i + 1 Next ws UserForm1.Show End Sub Userform1 code:---------------------------------------- Private Sub ListBox1_Click() Sheets(UserForm1.ListBox1.Value).Select End Sub ...

Multi-Select Listbox
I want to run a report using a multi-select listbox. The selected items would be the only ones that would come up on the report. Also it would be grouped on these selected item! Any direction is appreited. Thanks DS Here is a function I use for exactly that purpose. Private Function BuildWhereCondition(strControl As String) As String 'Set up the WhereCondition Argument for the reports Dim varItem As Variant Dim strWhere As String Dim ctl As Control Set ctl = Me.Controls(strControl) Select Case ctl.ItemsSelected.Count Case 0 'Include All strW...

last added line always visible in listbox
Hello I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many new lines. Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. Is some simple way to do this ? "tio" <tomjey@wp.pl> wrote in message news:1155909533.593851.160030@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I add new lines to listbox using AddString(); > I want that last added line to listbox was visible when I put many many > new lines. > Now I always see top of list even I add many lines. > Is some simple way to do this ? > Maybe a...

How to detect event in scrollbar of a ListBox
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C772C0.DC9EA420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Maybe I just need a little hint to do this! As long as a scrollbar of a listbox is embedded within, I don't see what to do, to detect the click on the scrollbar instead of items... jmarc... ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C772C0.DC9EA420 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional...

Updating a query criteria from a listbox
Hi, I've written a query that is dependent on a date selected from a listbox the result from the listbox is linked to the querie as follows: [forms]![Main Menu]![Date_Select] This works great when I clickthe button that loads the subform that uses the results from this querie... However when I select a different date in the listbox and click again the new date is not being passed down to the querie. I've tried everything I know and it just doesn't want to work... The listbox is linked to a table containing all the dates to be displayed - if that makes any difference. Any h...

listbox row height
I would like to add code to the MouseDown event of a listbox so that it will take different action depending on whether the column headers are clicked or the body of the list is clicked. For this I need to know the row height. How can I determine the row height? -- - Paula ...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Multiple Listbox selectin and query criteria
I've read many of the posts here about using multiple list box selections to filter queries yet I still cant get it to work. I'll post my understanding then my code (which I am totally clueless about) and see which is at fault. My table is called "sales", my query is "sales summary Query", my filter form is " Filter Report", my listbox is "customerselect" and set to simple multi select I then have a hidden control named "customerselect2" with on click set to event procedure, then in the procedure I've pasted the code ...

Multiple Listboxes
I have three multiselect listboxes. I have coded them in VBA to pull the selections and then open a report (that has an underlying query) using the WHERE property in the openreport event. One problem was that my WHERE property has "OR" between each code for the selected results of each listbox. However, the user may not choose a selection from every listbox, which ruins the openreport event by resulting in for ex. OrgID In (34,343,67) OR OR. So, I elected to populate 3 invisible text boxes with the results from the selections of each listbox. I then built an expression in each o...

Creating Listbox From Array, and using it
I have some code (below) that asks a user to select an Excel file (a lot of the code is in other subroutines/functions not shown, but they work fine). I then look at the file and build a small array of all possible worksheet tabs within the excel file. I want the user to "pick" one of these files, and I will pass the value to the next step in my code (namely, to link an excel worksheet to my access DB). The file selection process is working fine, and the debug lines are outputing just what I would expect from the file I have selected, namely: WSArray(0): Sheet1 WSArray(1): S...

Multiple Criteria in Listbox
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm not a programmer but found this really nice piece of code that I have been using but it needs to be altered. I am using Access 2002. I have code on a button click event. This code allows me to pick multiple course titles, [txtCourseTitle] from a list box and generate reports for all the courses I've chosen. Now I need to add a second piece of criteria. I now have a list box with two fields, [txtCourseTitle] and [dtmStartDate]. The [dtmStartDate] is entered as 01/01/2010 but is formatted as a long date. I need the date too because...

Mouse wheel with listbox
Hello! I search a solution to move the bar of a listbox EXCEL with the mouse wheel May be can you help me Thank you! Dominique This is not possible in VBA as far as I know -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "doboulan" <doboulan.t55bb@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:doboulan.t55bb@excelforum.com... > Hello! > > I search a solution to move the bar of a listbox EXCEL with the mouse > wheel > May be can you help me > > Thank you! > > Dominique ...

listbox question 03-15-07
Hi all, Is there a way to add an Asterisk "*" after a txt in a list box automatically weather it be through check box or just first selected from a different form? My form I have a cbo that lets me choose a primary company type. This company may also be other company types which will fill a listbox. I would like the listbox to show an * in front of or behind the primary type. Dont know if possible but would like a suggestion if possible! Thanks I don't understand what do you want to do. Are you trying to update the data in a field to show an Asterisk? What is the purpose of...

Budget Listbox too short
Does anyone know how to increase the height of the budget item list in the advanced budget? ...