List boxes in excel forms

Can someone please tell me how to enter values in an excel
drop down list box?  I am not an advanced user and am
really struggling!

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Liz!

Two ways:

Select the cell where you want the list box to be
Data > Validation > Allow
Select List
Type in the list separated by commas.

Type in your list in a range of cells
Select the cell where you want the list box to be
Data > Validation > List
Type in the reference to your range of cells.

If the range is not on the same sheet, you need to name it and refer
to it by name.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

how to find an item in a list control?

contact list #13

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

form fields not saving to table

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

Form Dropdown Combo Box
My dropdown combo box currently displays one column. What I would lik to do is have the box dispay column A and B but only extract the I from B. How would I be able to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but have you trie using a CONCATENATE function to join the values in Columns A & B? Say you have first names in Column A and surnames in Column B. Us something like =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) in Column C for the dropdow list. You could also use =A1&" "&B1. The apostrophe marks are just...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Contact oddity and why are there 2 Contact Lists?
Running Win 7, and was receiving emails in WLM with my maiden name listed in the TO:. I found out that I had my maiden name listed in Contacts (I run a high school mailing list here) so I decided to check it out and changed the last name to all caps. Sure enuf the next email I rec'd showed that name. I then deleted the email address connected to my name in the contact list and everything is back to "normal" (whatever that is <G>) Why in the world are there 2 contact lists on my computer......one thru WLM and one thru Windows Contacts? I'm confused. ...