List box

I am trying to use the list box function from the control
toolbar.  I am not sure how to get the listings I want in
the list box.  Is there certain VB coding that is needed?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select
Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select
Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the
cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e.,
A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box.

MRO

"Todd" <todd.alexander@bbandt.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use the list box function from the control
> toolbar.  I am not sure how to get the listings I want in
> the list box.  Is there certain VB coding that is needed?
> Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Todd

create your list in another area and give it a name. Then
highlight the range where you want the list to appear,
choose Data => Validation => List and in the Source box,
put "= RAnge Name" where Range Name is the name of the
range containing the list.  It is very easy,  Good Luck
0
CCantele (4)

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

I have a red pencil box
It's red and holds pencils. ...

How to have combo list sorted
I have set the following data name: =OFFSET(Par!$D$2,0,0,COUNTA(Par!$D$2:$D$201)-COUNTBLANK(Par!$D$2:$D$201),1) How to get all data in the right onummeric order? It seems to be with offset($D$2,0,0,counta($D:$201),1).... likely looks like the upperformula I use. But the combo is not sorted when I use it. Bart You would have to sort the source data: Whatever's in this range Par!$D$2:$D$201 needs to be sorted. Biff "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166147791.194106.272500@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have set the following data name...

Inbox and unread box
What's the purpose of having an inbox and an unread box in my outlook 2003. They both read the same number of messages. Is it a duplicate? With Outlook xp, it would simply show a number in black, to let me know the number of unopened messages. Now, there seems to be a separate folder entitled "unread" and it has the exact same number of email messages as my inbox ... all of time, and has always displayed the exact same number since I installed it. Is anyone able to explain this? I dont' understand it. Thanks in advance. Diana Definitely not a duplicate; it's a S...

How can I combine data from a list?
For example: suppose I had a very simple list, with two columns: "Name" and "Number". The category "name" has three items: Dog, Cat, and Dog. Each of those three items has a corresponding "number" value: 3, 4, and 5. I'm trying to find a function that would recognize the fact that I have "Dog" listed twice, and would sum the 3 & 5 values listed next to each "Dog", leaving me with a two-item list: Dog, 8 & Cat, 4. Is there a way to do this? A Pivot Table will do that nicely for you: Set the Name as a ROW and the ...

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Payables Transaction Edit List
Our customer had the following error print on the Payables Transaction Edit List: **ERROR: One of more landed costs need to be apportioned.Document Total. This prevented the user from posting the batch. The batch went into Batch Recovery. However, the error message did not appear when logged in as 'sa' and 'sa' was able to post the batch. This customer does not even own the landed cost module. Plus, this was an A/P invoice, not a POP invoice. Why was this message appearing? ...

CTreeCtrl::DeleteAllItems requires resetting the image list, why?
If I call a CTreeCtrl's DeleteAllItems method it seems that I also have to set the controls image list again otherwise the control does nt show either the items icon or text. The following fails: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); Where as the following works: m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); .... m_tree.DeleteAllItems(); m_tree.SetImageList(&someImageList, TVSIL_NORMAL); m_tree.InsertItem(_T("Test"), 0, 1, TVI_ROOT, TVI_SORT); ...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Contact lists from Excel
I imported my contact list from Excel, it worked just fine. But when I create a Distro list using my contact list, when I select add members nothing shows up in the window. ??? Can someone please help? Is the contact folder marked as an address book? Right click on the folder, select properties and then ensure the Address Book tab is checked to show up in contacts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim Panzee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I impor...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

Text box unwanted border
For some reason I know not why, that even though I enter 'No line' in both Line/Border style and Dash style I still have a visible bold dash surrounding the text box. Any help would be appreciated. Did you happen to draw a rectangle around the text box? Try highlighting it, and move the bottom text box adjustment up. If the dashed line didn't move, click on it and delete. Or, Copy the text, and paste it and if the dashed line didn't go with the copy, delete the original. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meridklt" <Meridklt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

udate for internet explorer 8 compatibility view list vista KB978
Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i uninstall? I have same problem - caused by D.E.P. I think!- Try removing IE 8.; but would like to know how to stop Auto Updates! "Teddyboy" <Teddyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7014C77-4D13-42B9-9E4C-ED01E2501FA8@microsoft.com... > Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i > uninstall? ...

list box 06-08-07
Hi! I have two list boxes, one shows the list of creditors,"listCred", and the other,"listAR", shows the list of accounts receivable. How can I make the latter list show only the accounts of the creditor that i clicked from the former list? Thanks! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Answered in UtterAccess, where you posted the same question. http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=83&Number=1431290&Zf=&Zw=&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1431285&Search...

When I reference a cell in a separate list, I am unable to sort that list and keep the reference. Any suggested solutions?
I have noticed that when I reference a cell (eg, in worksheet 1) from a list (eg, in Worksheet 2) in another spreadsheet, and then sort the list (in Worksheet 2), that I lose me reference (in worksheet 1). Does anyone know how I can alter the reference, or user settings so that I can avoid this problem? Thanks for any suggestions! Hi Mike Instead of pointing to the cell in the second sheet, can you make the entry a Vlookup of some value from the other sheet. Then it will find the correct value, even after sorting. For example, if column A of Sheet1 had Names, and column B was using your e...

Locating content types, libaries, and related lists
We're planning to use MOSS 2007 as a repository for our project documents and email. We want to use a single container, and rely on metadata and search instead of a folder structure (and instead of different libraries for each project). At the top level of the site collection, I created a content type with a lookup column to a list of clients/projects. The document library itself is in a subsite. My concern is that once the library fills up there's going to be a lot of data in there, all with critical metadata attached. Maybe there would be less risk if the conte...

Value copied based on choosen value from combo box
I do have two sheets SheetA and SheetB SheetA 111 100 222 200 333 300 444 400 SheetB Consists of combo box for 1st column. After choosing value, the corresponding value in the neighboring column from sheetA is copied. 333 X 222 X 444 X Sample: 444 400 What is the formula is the X cells, it should be with MATCH or COUNT / COUNTIF but I cannot get the right formula. Bart Excel 2003 How to have a value being copied to another sheet? Hi One way, in cell B2 of Sheet2 =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1;$B$100,2,0) copy down as far as required. Change the range A1:B100 to includ...

Public phone list in Exchange 2003
Hi ! We are using Exchange 2003 in our company, and i have made a list of all our employees in a public folder. I want the list to be shown as "Phone list", but when my users open the folder, they see it as "address cards", and they manually have to change the view to "Phone list". This is no very good.... Is there a way for me to set it up on the server, so that the list automaticly is shown as "Phone list". Regards, Ole Set up the view you want by creating a new custom view, calling it what you like, and make it the default/initial view on the P...