Linking .xls into AutoCad

I'm aware that it's possible to link Excel into AutoCad
using OLE, but it's slow, cumbersome, and hard to manage
in AutoCad.

Is there a faster, simpler, more AutoCad friendly way to
do this?

Specific application is taking Electrical Panel schedules
from xls to dwg and having the dwg automatically update
whenever the xls are updated.

Any/all suggestions greatfully appreciated!
Carina

greetings....

i was wondering if anyone could direct a young programmer towards
decent method of exporting a table of points to a series of lines i
autocad.

im well familiar with excel, but not with excel/autocad interactivity.
any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks.

-mik

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do u link the birthday of the contacts to "one" certain calendar?
I want to have a separate calendar just for the birthdays of all the contacts. But when it asks me "do u want to add as an event to the calendar?" I click yes, it'll show up too all the calendars. is there a way to link it to ONE of my choice? thanks In news:1156289723.533387.100170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, MuNcHkiN <dyiu619@gmail.com> typed: > I want to have a separate calendar just for the birthdays of all the > contacts. But when it asks me "do u want to add as an event to the > calendar?" I click yes, it'll show up too all the calendars. i...

SOP/PO link
The SOP/PO Link requires many steps for my customer. After they create the PO from the SOP window they need to print the PO to release it. So I have added code to the SOP/PO window to find the POs created and open the Print Purchase Order window. The problem is I receive an error. Below is my code: SOPNO = Microsoft_Dynamics_GP.SalesTransactionEntry.SOPNumber FromPO = " " ToPO = " " cmd.CommandText = "Select Min(PONUMBER) from SOP60100 where (SOPNUMBE = '" & SOPNO & "')" Set rst = cmd.Execute If Not (rst....

Can I link a FE to a BE with a runtime version in 2007?
when I run this command ( RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess ) in a runtime version- the wizard appears but is 'deformed' and does not work. However, in a accdb version of the same data base it all works perfectly- is this just a runtime (accdr) thing or is there a way around this with vb? What I am doing is allowing users to encrypt the backend then to link a FE to to the encrypted BE. They will need to do this from time to time for FE updates- or am I missing something? thanks "salmonella" <uwimdl@hotmail.com.dns> schreef in bericht news:9B285587...

How can contact (In MS outlook) display a link to an excel file?

EXE with MFC statically linked loads DLL with MFC linked as shared
Is it generally OK for an EXE that has MFC linked statically to load an use another DLL wich has MFC linked as shared DLL ? To be more specific: I have an EXE that links a lib. Let's call it mylib.lib. That Lib as well as the EXE have MFC linked statically. Then in a completely different project I have a regular DLL, wich is compiled with the /CLR switch and therefore needs the special CRT libs as well as MFC linked as shared library. This DLL links mylib.lib too only that this time mylib.lib links MFC as shared library too. Both exe and dll need need to link against mylib.lib because ...

dropdownlist and linking help needed.
Just making trying to categorise my DVD's at home while try to learn some excel stuff. I figure out how to make a drop downlist through the data validation, so I got the categories in the list as -> horror, sci-fi, romance, action...etc But I failed to find any tuts on how the next step in the linking the dropdown to the content. So can someone tell me what do I need to do next? eg click [horror] from the list -> list of horror films I have. <-how do I do this part? thanks -- rugae ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rugae's Profile: h...

Adding a chart to a Word template linked to an Excel doc.
Hi. I have a template in Word that I run a report on from an excel spreadsheet using mail merge. I need to add a chart to view a 12-week progress on the template, but I can't seem to make this work. When I enter a chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. Even if I enter the excel chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. I have 130 records to update, so I would think the mail merge is what I want to be using. Help!! Thanks, Bobbie ...

Creating a link to the text in a textbox
In some of the Publisher templates (Newsletters), the text in the footer is automatically updated when the text in another textbox (for Instance "Volume 1, N 1") changes. How can I create such a link? I do not find a field such as StyleRef, I cannot refer to the contents of a bookmark as you can do in Word, and paste link within the publication does not work???? RM ...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

Convert xls to txt
I have been converting an XLS csv file to a txt file, by simply renaming the extension. Now I want to do the same on XP and the file name changes but it still stays as an XLS icon. How do I do that ? -- mike9999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mike9999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29315 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490333 First, I'd double check to see if you have extensions showing for all the files. Open windows explorer tools|folder options|view tab mak...

Links in e-mail don't work
If I receive a hyperlink as part of an e-mail, it used to be so that by clicking on it I would open the Internet Explorer and go to wherever the link was pointing at. Now when I click on such links, nothing happens. Anyone can tell me why? "Jerry" <duncan_jeremy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uYBS3KaFFHA.3732@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If I receive a hyperlink as part of an e-mail, it used to > be so that by clicking on it I would open the Internet > Explorer and go to wherever the link was pointing > at. Now when I click on such links, nothing happens. &g...

Linking text
How do link (is that the right word?) from one worksheet to another? I have a summary page and a second worksheet that gives explanations of items on the summary page. How do I organise it so that when you click on an item on the summary page that you are taken to the relevant item on the second worksheet? Is that clear? Hi I think that Hyperlinks are what you need. In the summary page, select an item, and goto Insert > Hyperlink > Link to: Place in this Document > Select the cell to link to. Hopes this helps. .... Per "anne" <anne@discuss...

Can't use links
Every time I try to click a link I get an error message "general failure. the url was: "http....etc Any idea what's going on? I can't even enable instant search or click any links in my email. Always get the same error message (obviously with different url info). I welcome your suggestions and thanks in advance. I just recently upgraded from office 2003 and 2007 is awesome! This appears to be a default browser problem. In the two cases I found by searching, the problem was solved by setting IE to be the default browser; in one case by using "Set Program acces...

link to cell, including hyperlink
searching the forums and i can't seem to find any post that solve m problem. basically i have a long colomn of links starting in cell A1, that i a hyperlink to a picture, and the word displayed is "screenshot". I' consentaly inserting new cells and shifting the current ones down. Th hyperlinks shift ok and everything. my problem is, i have another sheet that i've made that i will b saving in HTML format for easy viewing online. BUt i only want it t show the most recent 10 screenshots. When I'm on the other sheet an try ='sheet1'!$A$1 instead of copying...

link to outlook messages
Is it possible to have a link to an outlook message from an excel file. What I do is - List down all the action items in a xcel worksheet. For some ActionItems, more description is available in a series of mail communications. Is it possible to make a link from the xcel sheet to point to a message in the outlook - so that when I click the link, it opens the outlook and opens the message as well. The message is always stored in the personal folder. Thanks, shankar See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 200...

Linking to Cell question
Hiya I have a spreadsheet where each month, a new figure is entered on the row below :- JUNE 94.00 JULY 55.00 AUGUST 79.00 and so on. That new monthly figure is copied over to another worksheet on the same file. Normally I just copy and paste it, but is there a formula by which the cell on the other worksheet can look at the most recently entered monthly figure and then update automatically when the next months figure is entered. -- TIA Da\/e Please reply to group Don't know of a formula to do it, but you could record a macro whic simply places the cell pointer at the to...

cannot open web links
When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can anyone help? frustrated <mayfairyouth@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > When I get e-mails with web links in them I cannot click > on them and open them from outlook express anymore. Can > anyone help? 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. 2) In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Regular DLLs Dynamically Linked to MFC theApp
Hi, I've a regular DLL Dynamically Linked to MFC . The wizard created the following code. IfI want to create an MFC application and use the functions in CRegdllApp, can I derive my app class in MFC application from CRegdllApp class. I don't understand how does "CRegdllApp theApp;" work? If my application CMyapp derive from CRegdllApp class and also do "CMyapp theApp", what's the relationship between these two theApp, Is the class object in my MFC application going to overwwrite the one in the regular DLL. If I use theApp in the regular dll, which class's ob...

PERSONAL.XLS does not load on startup
My personal.xls file does not load on startup! It is located in the proper directory and can be opened manually and function normally after that. HELP! Gary What do you consider the proper directory? XLSTART? There could be several of these on your computer. Search to see if you perhaps are using the incorrect XLSTART folder. Move Personal.xls around until you find the correct one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:27:51 -0500, "Power, Cary [RICH1:W131:EXCH]" <caryp@americasm01.nt.com> wrote: >My personal.xls file does not load on startup! It i...

Excel-rolling data linked to chart & worksheet columns must stay
Excel worksheet with rolling data each week - columns E thru M. Chart is linked to worksheet . How can I keep the data source in chart constant? JJ ...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

Link a picture to data
When I select a group of cells and copy/paste as picture to another worksheet (in the same workbook), I want to have the picture linked to the source data so that the picture changes when the source data changes. I am pretty sure I have done this before, but cannot remember how. Thanks. ...

Check Links Error Message
My client ran Check Links, and recieved the following error: ---------- File Maintenance Error Log Report File Name Error Messsage CM Reconcile Header Reconciliation information for chequebook ID [client's checkbook ID] couldn't be verified because the record is locked. ---------- Is this an error that we shold be concerned about, and if so, how can it be cleared? iStevo, Looks like you have a Reconciliation record that is created in Reconcile Bank Statements window. Go to Financial=>Transactions=>Reconcile and Enter the checkbookID for which you are receiving th...

Link and auto-populate cells in workbooks
I have this code thanks to DS, and I have a good number generator. I would like it to place the new number into the existing number cell so only one new number shows up when the workbook is opened. Better than that would be getting a solution for this: Problem: I need to have several workbooks that are titled by year (for autos) in each are several tabs(sheets) the equal the unique auto number. On each of the sheets are various discrepancies found for each auto. So, I now have a number generator. Can I set it up so that all sheets and Workbooks are linked in a way that when a workbook is ...