linking worksheets #3

I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link
ranges or worksheets to others.

0
jvancxyz (1)

Hi
just link the first cell
e.g. ='sheet1'!A1
and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt
automatically

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

j van c wrote:
> I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way
> to link ranges or worksheets to others.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

1 Report, 3 Subreports, 3 Sources, Criteria Selection
I run a monthly report that has 3 subreports. The process works like this: An append query is run to load Production Data into an empty staging/reporting table so we can manually supress/edit lengthy memos. After the report is in its publishable form we append the data from the staging table into a similarly structured report history table with a date stamp. Thus we have 3 different sources of data and a query for each with the same results structure. I want the user to be able to populate the report by selecting from a list of the historical report dates and current production data a...

macro to copy into different worksheets
I have a excel worksheet which shows a list like below. Directory of C:\Sarah\files\Dec04 09/02/2005 13:30 6,312 Dec04.sav 1 File(s) 6,312 bytes Directory of C:\Sarah\code\Admissions\0001 20/04/2004 14:45 290,929,896 adm0001.sav 1 File(s) 290,929,896 bytes What I want a macro to do is to look down this worksheet and select each record on the list. I.E find the line starting with the word Directory, selecting all the lines below until it gets to another line starting with Directory, it then pastes this into a different worksheet. then goes back and sele...

Remove workbook reference but keep worksheet references
Hi, I have 15 workbooks in which the same set of sheets appear (one named for every month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. plus a summary sheet.) On the summary sheet is a column of formulas that reference ALL sheets in the WB. For example: Jan!A1+Feb!A1+Mar!A1... When I try to copy this column from one WB's summary sheet to other workbooks, Excel inserts a workbook reference at the paste location: ['Workbook 1.xls']Jan!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Feb!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Mar!A1...... I really don't want that workbook name there, since all WBs contain different data! I ...

Rules in error #3
Outlook 2002 client is receiving Rules in error - Server requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. We have removed all client rules, recreated her mail and network profile and the error persists. We have reset her Outlook registry, upgraded to Office XP SP2, and W2K SP4 and it still occurs....any ideas ...

can't delete messages #3
Can't seem to delete some old messages (typically older ones), 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.' Have tried restarting online/offline, etc. Any ideas appreciated, as they are just taking up space. Thanks, JC See if one of the following suggestions help you; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/deletemessage.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creati...

Download R2 version of CRM 3
Can someone please give me a proper download location forthis please as i cannot find it Check out: http://blogs.msdn.com/CRM/ -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect This message sent from Windows Vista! "Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D93AE9F-D1AF-4F68-A708-C72252453C3B@microsoft.com... > Can someone please give me a proper download location forthis please as i > cannot find it ...

Unable to open links from Excel in new tab
All links from Excel open in new window regardless of how the settings are configured in IE. this is very frustrating, see below for steps taken so far and versions used. Office 2007 IE 7 IE 8 So far I set all the setting in IE to open new tab, the settings work for all applications except excel. I uninstalled IE 7 and installed IE 8, problem persists. tried wheel clicking the link in excel - this does not work tried ctrl-clicking the link in excel - this just highlights the cell. Please help i'm confused by this one, it was working fine up until one day last week. th...

Sending Links by e-mail
This is probably just a stupid setting that I can't find. When I send an HTML link by e-mail, the link shows up in the e-mail and the recipient can just click on the link. However, when another user sends a link by e-mail the recipient recieves a message saying "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." The attachment is a default.url and you can't just open it. You have to save it to disk and give it a name. How do I change this so that the link is displayed in the e-mail and the recipient just clicks it to open it? ...

sorting a list #3
please help i have a list like this name assessment date to be completed a n other fda 01/01/06 a body summary 02/01/06 me to otmr 04/01/06 and so on with about 30 other rows what i would like is the list to automatically put names in date order and then print the worksheet also when the dates get within 15 days to be completed the name, assessment and date turns red also if it is within 45 days they turn blue. now for a little tricky bit i would like there to be a space between each colour so a...

Newby Question #3
I am sure that you will tell me that this is not recommended, but I'm going to ask anyway... I have a single domain controller here that is running Win2k with Dual 2.4G processors and a Gig of memory. This server does not do hardly anything all day. It used as a file server only. It is supporting about 60 users. Can I install E2k3 on this server? What are the impacts? If I install a low end server to act as the front end off my DMZ, can I do OWA securely? OWA will only have to support about 5-6 people (which will most likely not all be at the same time). Thanks for any input. Jef...

Upgrading to CRM 3.0 Problems

Linking Cells across sheets to be mirror images
Hey all=). I'm not sure my title makes sense, so let me go into further detail. Lets say you have a large report of data, in which you copy lines out of to a new sheet, in the same workbook. So now you can work on this single item, without all the other info, but instead of having to go back to the main sheet once I am finished and find that line again, is there a way, to link the cells, so that whatever you type into your new cells, will update the cells of origin? ...

How do I stop a linked doc from searching for Source after update?
I have an Excel (2000) spreadsheet that is linked. Everytime I update, it goes to the explorer to search for the source document. How can I make changes without Excel searching for the source? ...

Linking visio drawing to a portion of an excel worksheet.
I have linked a portion of an excel worksheet to a visio drawing.Now,if I email this drawing as an attachment,would it still be linked to the excel worksheet.The person who receives it,can he open the excel worsheet by doucle clicking the icon? Linked, yes. Ability to open from a different location, probably not. The issue is the pointer in the link so you need to provide more information. al "jai" <jai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE93CD32-211A-4914-BD64-6536AB669135@microsoft.com... >I have linked a portion of an excel worksheet to a visio dra...

Opening shared worksheet problem
We have a user that has a worksheet in a shared folder on her pc. She shares the folder with two other users in the office. When she opens this one particular spreadsheet, she can see her latest changes for only a couple of seconds and then the spreadsheet reverts to the original. Is there a solution or explanation for this problem? ...

Direct Depost Linked Deduction and Deduction Sequencing
We ran into an issue where we got Exception errors (no funds deducted) during the Calculate Employee Deposits process (GP 10). Some of the linked deductions were not being included in direct deposit because of the way the deductions were sequenced. There is a KB article on this (ID: 953724). We had to re-sequence our deductions in order to get direct deposit to work correctly. Just wondering if this will eventually be fixed in a service pack. ...

BCM Address Line 1 not in CRM 3.0 After Migration
I have successfully migrated data from BCM onto CRM 3.0 using the framework wizard, but the address line 1 (street 1) has not come accross (the rest of the address has). In BCM i had all the contacts as members of accounts so the accounts in CRM 3.0 should all have the same address as their Parent Customer(which they do other than address line 1). Any pointers would be great! have i done the migration wrong or is it just a display setting? I have tried setting up customization for contacts so that their addresses are linked with a relationship to the parent account but they seem to be...

Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!
Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of worksheets in a workbook. I have several worksheets that are formatted the same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees. When I run the Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C, E, F, G, I from the other work sheets. However, all of the worksheets have information in columns A thru AA. I used the following code for a Summary She...

Release 1.3
This release is going to mainly be a Headquarters performance upgrade, also masking credit cards, and the ability to delete worksheets older than a certain date. They are not going to release integration to SBF even though they already anounced that they would release it Oct 1, 2005. If you are a small business they are planning to announce integration to SBA instead. I would say that this must mean that SBF is a dead end product that you will either have to upgrade to dynamics or go down to SBA, otherwise why no integration. I just don't believe it. Also, no major upgrade in 2...

How to merge 2 workbook. & worksheet.
I am using MS Office XP, and have lots of different files containing the data in the format name ; address ; A/c. No. ; Ph. No. , now i want to merge all the workbooks as well as worksheets in one file, is there anyone who can help me or any idea for that, Thanx in advance. Brijesh Parmar Admin Executive. For, EPIC Ventures. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.554 / Virus Database: 346 - Release Date: 12/20/2003 If all the workbooks are in one folder, this might do it. (If they're not in ...

Can't Open Attachment #3
I have received an email with an attachment (an .rtf file) but when I try to open it or save it I get the following message: "Cannot create file: xyz.rtf. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I don't know what the above message means. Is it referring to OLKEE0 folder under Temporary Internet Files where email attachments seem to be stored? I have looked at the properties of this folder but can't find anything about permissions there. I hope there is a solution ...

how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the .
how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually but not both. Formulas return values--not formatting. How did you get the link to formats to work? --- Sometimes, you can use a macro to do the work for you. Camalla wrote: > > how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same > workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually > but not both. -- Dave Peterson Camalla No way to link Formats unless you are using Conditional Formatti...

linking of outside charts to each cell in the sheet
Hi friends, I have one question. I have numerical data in each cell. I have a chart for each variable plotted in a different application. I am able to copy it. Is it possible to make it appear like a comment appears when I hover over each cell. comment boxes are able to take only text and I am unable to paste it into a comment box.Your help will be appreciated very much. thanking you in advance Hi, A comment can hold a picture. Here are some examples of more fancy comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/04/19/funky-comments...

FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages #3
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=41f741fe-01de-4dbc-a57d-7f632039d8d4&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

How do I move the worksheet tabs to the top of the workbook?
How or can I move the worksheet tabs to the top of the workbook? Deborah, You can color them, hide them and change their height but you can't move them. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Deborah Green" <Deborah Green@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6D5E891-359C-4EB5-8877-DA81C9E2FD12@microsoft.com How or can I move the worksheet tabs to the top of the workbook? Turn that monitor upside down??? <vbg>. Excel doesn't support that. The worksheet tabs are at the bottom or not shown. If you want to hide them: tools|options|view tab|Uncheck ...