Linking using ranges?

I have a chart of data on one excel worksheet (and this
chart has a constant number of columns, but the number of
rows vary).  I need to take all of the data on this chart
(not all of the data on that worksheet) and put it in to
the middle of another worksheet.  I was wondering if
there was a way to do this without using a macro.  My
thought was to try to create a range on each sheet and
set one range equal to another, but apparently excel
doesn't allow this (at least in version 2000, which I am
using).  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?  If this
isn't possible how would you do it with a macro?  Thanks
a lot!

Geoff
0
ehringer (3)

Yeah that's what I was originally going to try.  However, sometimes the area
that needs to be copied is only 10 rows long, while other times it is over
100.  This becomes a problem since extra data at the bottom of the page,
which I do not want to be copied, would also be copied.  That's why I was
wondering if there was anyway to set one range equal to another.  Thanks for
your help though!

Geoff

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contextures.com> wrote in message
> It depends what you plan to do with the copy of the data, but the
> following may work for you. If the data to be copied is on Sheet1, you
> could refer to the range on Sheet2, e.g.  =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
>
> Copy this formula across to match the number of columns on Sheet1.
> Copy down as far as necessary to capture the maximum number of rows on
> Sheet1.
>
> Geoff wrote:
> > I have a chart of data on one excel worksheet (and this
> > chart has a constant number of columns, but the number of
> > rows vary).  I need to take all of the data on this chart
> > (not all of the data on that worksheet) and put it in to
> > the middle of another worksheet.  I was wondering if
> > there was a way to do this without using a macro.  My
> > thought was to try to create a range on each sheet and
> > set one range equal to another, but apparently excel
> > doesn't allow this (at least in version 2000, which I am
> > using).  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?  If this
> > isn't possible how would you do it with a macro?  Thanks
> > a lot!
> >
> > Geoff
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

mrtoga (1)

SmartListBuilder: Linking not working properly. Bug?
We have a third-party customization added to GP. The table is in our company database and is accessible to add to GP. We can successfuly create a SmartList that queries only this table. However, when we link this table to another GP table, it doesn't work properly. I think I have isolated the problem. I found the SQL in the DEXSQL logs and the link, while seemingly correct in the SLB UI, is not generating the correct SQL code. See below for the actual SQLthat SLB generated. The last line is " T2. = T1.SOPTYPE and T2. = T1.SOPNUMBE" Note that the field name for T2. is m...

Can't use Hebrew in Microsoft fonts, yet they show in taskbar.
I've downloaded Hebrew fonts. And they even appear in the taskbar. Yet all characters in these fonts still are Roman. How do I switch on the Hebrew font?? You need to activate Hebrew in Windows. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and then follow the tabs and buttons to add a "Keyboard" (not to add a "Language"). The three Windowses do this a bit differently. If you're in XP, at one point you have to check off "Complex Scripts." Once you've done that, you'll have a new icon toward the right end of you...

error C2874: using-declaration causes a multiple declaration of 'ATL::CTime'
Hallo, if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error described in subject. I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error. I hope anybody can help me. Thanx, Robin > Hallo, > > if I try to compile an old vs6.0 project in vs7.1, I get the error > described in subject. > > I now about streaming errors, but never headed about this error. > I hope anybody can help me. > > Thanx, > Robin http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/C2874.asp I would guess that the old project was declaring...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

dial a telephone number using the modem,and playing an audio file when the person lifts up telepone
I wanted to make a vb application which would dial a telephone number using the modem. When the person on the other end lifts up the telephone (answers the phone), the application should start playing an audio file(eg. .wav file). The approach I took was using the Tapi. As my modem is connected to the serial port on my computer I send AT commands to make the phone call . This is working fine and the call is being placed. I wanted to know whether this is possible at all? Whether I am approaching the wrong way? If it is possible, then please give some suggestions or samples(vb or vc). If it is...

Can I changer the browser used to open URL's in emails
I use Outlook 2003 and often receive messages from a software system that requires me to use a particular browser to read the URL's included in the email (it downloads special software into the browser that only runs in that browser). I don't want to change my default browser to this special browser and it's a real pain copy/pasting the URL's into this special browser. What I'd like to do is to change the browser used to open URL's from within Outlook only (rather than changing the default browser for the whole system). Extensive googling has thrown up nothing so far ....

Error msg. "Failed to grant access to regenerated view" when adding field to schema using deployment mgr.
Hi, I'm running into a error simply creating a new field in the schema for LEADS. The error tells me to go to the event viewer, which in turn tells me the following: Failed to grant access to the regenerated view Lead after inserting new attribute CFSepassword. Is the system trying to add the field to a view in addition to the table? How can I proceed with this? Any help would be appreciated. Phillip ...

Moving Range Problem
Hi all, I'm trying to build a 6 Sigma control chart into an excel workbook. In order to do this i need to be able to work out a formula for the moving range. I need the following : Eg Data sample : 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 The moving range is the distance from second to the first, third to the second etc eg A B C D E F Data Sample 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 Moving Range 215, 175 , 50 , 100 , 20 The problem I'm having is trying to get excel to work it out. If say 210 was in A1 i ...

Range in Bar Graphs
Hi you guys, I'm making charts for an assignment due tomorrow and I have to add th range of the values to every bar in my bar graphs (bars showing th average value). It's supposed to be a line just like the one line that indicates th average deviation, yet I don't want this line to show the deviation bu rather the range of values that were the source for the average that i being shown by the bar. So for example we have the values 3, 4, and 5. The Average of tha should be 4. The bar shows the value four (4 is on the y axis) and drawn across thi bard I would like to have a vertica...

Make your site eazy to use.
A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and get information and articles I needed. Now it took me 15 minutes just to sign on. Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or closing 2005. How simple should something that basic be? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Use this internet package
--izytvhgodf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zqzdzynieuqqee"; type="multipart/alternative" --zqzdzynieuqqee Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fezlepmdc" --fezlepmdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Conditional Formatting
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet with 79,000 cells of information in rows and columns. On a separate worksheet I have 5,000 cells of information. I would like any information in the first sheet that is in the second sheet to turn to red. For example. Sheet1, column A hellothere howareyou iamfine Sheet2, column A hellothere iamfine I would like the two strings in sheet one which appear in sheet 2 to turn red, leaving the middle string black. Is there a way to do a lookup to compare the cell value to a range using conditional formatting? Thanks for any help. Mxx -- murphyz -----...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

Using XmlRootAttribute for deserialization
I've seen this come up before, but in my case, things are a little more complex, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to set an element name that works. I have a configuration file that is my serialized object (I'm using a customer deserializer to add some more XAML-like capabilities): <AppConfigObject> <RuntimeType:Kernel xmlns:RuntimeType="MyNamespace.DefaultKernel, Kernel"/> </AppConfigObject> public class AppConfigObject { [XmlElement] public Kernel {...} } Problem I have is deserializing the child node <Kernel> because it al...