Linking two spreadsheets with different print format

Hello,
    Ok, here is the story lets say I have a two spreads one called a.xls and
is formated to print on a ll x17 paper and the other to be printed on a 8.5
x 11 paper which is called b.xls. The format are slightly different because
the headings for the ll x 17 are at different rows then the 8.5 x 11 which
makes the spreadsheet different also the page breaks are different. Since I
don't like the print area command I was wondering is there away to link the
11 x 17 format to the 8.5 x 11 format so that if I make one change in the
data in master 11 x 17 page it will show up in the 8.5 x 11.
thanks for your help

0
notareal (9)

Plotting a chart on two axis
I am trying to plot a line chart on two axis with more than two series. e.g. series 1 = price, series 2 = %, series 3 = %, series 4 = %. Excel decides which series is plotted against which axis, how can I determine this instead? Thanks Luke Luke Dodimead wrote: > *Excel decides which series is > plotted against which axis, how can I determine this > instead?* Right-click on the series, select "Format", then select the "Axis" ta and you can choose against which axis that series will plot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Luke - Draw the ch...

How to print one header over several columns of data
I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center across selection? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:19:00 -0700, column title print <column title print@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? ...

Format only cells containing certain word
Today I was trying to do something - I had a range which contained some cells containing the text string 'Manufacturer:' (my inverted commas) and wanted to format only those cells. Now, I couldn't autofilter, advanced filter or sort because of the sheet structure, and amending it would have taken as long as manually formatting the relevant cells. So I was thinking of how to do it. I was thinking of a conditional format of any cells containing the string. But non-numerical (or non-formula) conditions don't appear to be possible. Could anyone tell me if and how it is po...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

Stop print preview when printing report Access 2007
Hi, I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them which when clicked prints out an assortment of reports. Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print preview which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly I don't want to preview the form, only print it out. Is this possible, and if so, how? Many thanks Sarella, Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be something in your code that says Preview. ...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

Routing mail to different e-mail address or domains
We recently upgrade to Exchange 2003 and the question I have is that we have different e-mail domain thru the company. The default is 123.com which is used by my ISP to route our e-mails, and we have 456.com and also 789.net. I know on 5.5 that was place where you can tell the system reroute all SMTP to these domains where in 2003 can I configure to have the same process. Do you mean you need to receive inbound messages for these additional domains? If yes, you'll need to create Recipient Policies to generate addresses for these domains (@456.coma nd 789.net), and have the necessar...

Print multiple on one page
I have a small table that I need several "wallet size" copies of. Short of copying the table multiple times, how can I print several at a time on one sheet? tcebob If a one-off project you can make multiple copies as you suggest. If I were doing this with different tables over time I would use the facilities of Word's mailmerge to create custom sized labels.........6 to a page or similar. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...

Printing Mirror
When I print a newsletter in publisher it prints backwards. The entire newsletter prints as if it were a transparency. It does this with any printer driver even adobe. ?????? What version Publisher? This is a printer setup issue. Postscript printers will print "mirrored". Make certain you have this option cleared. It is the same with Adobe. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David Reid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b1101c48135$3179eb60$a601280a@phx.gbl.....

I want to make a two tone chart background
I am creating a chart and want the chart background above a certain value to be of a different color (to indicate a maximum allowable value has been exceeded). An alternative would be to jus have the gridline & axis value of a different color/thickness/etc Basically, you'll need to create some dummy series. Jon Peltier gives excellent examples of how to create horizontal bands here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html Other background fills: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes"...

YMMV
Could really use some help on this one. I generate logarthmic x-axis/% y-axis graphs. The pertinent range on the x-axis is from 0.001 to 100. There are no external references in the file anywhere. Here's the problem - a client (only one thus far) has reported that the graphs appear 'wrong' when viewed on her computer. I've seen a screenshot to verify this. The x-axis only displays 1-100 and the data is inaccurate. Whereas the original graph shows a gradually increasing trend from ~20% to 100%, the screenshot shows a DECREASING trend - but not a mirror image of the origina...

conditional formatting dates #3
I maintain a "DEMO" spreadsheet that has a return date for the product of mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have that highlighted 7 days before the product is due back. Any help with a formula would be greatly appreciated!! Also, is there an ability to format so it also emails me a notice? Thanks, Phil Hamm Hi Phil- One Option, there are others- In Format>Conditional Formatting: Cell Value is Less than or equal to =NOW()-7 Set your cell format specs to how you want the date to display. HTH |:>) "Phil" wrote: > I maintain a "DEMO" sp...

A red X is printed instead of the logo at header
A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is resumed every times after restarted the machine. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RedX.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B11A362-F096-411A-8781-BF628ABAA15B@microsoft.com... >A red X is printed instead of the logo at header. However, the problem is > resumed every times after restarted the machine. > ...

Date formatting won't work
I would like to enter dates in a field using dd/mm/yy, however I want it to display the DAY also ie: ddd dd/mm/yy. I have tried to format the cell in custom formatting however it displays exactly what I have typed, even though the formatting indicates it should read the way I want it to. I have just purchased this copy of Office 2003. Any ideas would be appreciated. It is probably because you are entering a date like 31/12/2005 and excel is trying to read it as mm/dd/yyyy and since there is no month = 31 it converts the whole thing into text string. Always enter as say 31 dec 2004, and w...

Insert "Send to associate" link in Pub 2000 web?
I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an associate". Is there a way to do this? Thank you. refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047401c4bdd0$225109c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to > add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an > associate". Is t...

Can a form linked to an autoLookup query update another table
I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another table once a certain linked field is filled in. Can this form be used to add a record to the source table with the updated information? When that record is saved, the record is added to the form's source table - assuming the form is bound to the source table. How does your form save the record? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "oterosuz" <oterosuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3608D905-8769-435E-B5E5-7B0F566AFD63@microsoft.com......

Overages should be a different color in receiving
When working in the receiving screen shortages appear in RED and zero fills GREEN, but overages are not highlighted. It would be nice if they would stand out in a different color. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Reciept Format
Hi, I am new to POS and would like to know how to remove the lookup field from a printed reciept. The second issue ia I have a T88II epson printer and a generic cash drawer. I prefer to use the windows driver for the printer but when i do so, i lose the connection to the cash drawer. I usually configure the cash drawer and the printer through the epson opos software. The till i have have is a PC based wincore nixdorf Any help would be appreciated smenit, Click here http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu and download the 40 Column Similar to QuickSell 2000 Receipt and use it You must have acces...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

Delete e-mails without link opening automatically
Various ads and e-mail messages will open while I am right clicking and trying to delete them. I have the options set so that e-mails do not open automatically when I view them. So you have the Preview Pane/Reading Pane disabled, then? You don't have to right-click an item to delete it...either just select it and press Delete (or click the Delete button), or hold down the SHIFT key while pressing/clicking Delete if you want to permanently delete the item instead of sending it to the Deleted Items folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will...

Date-orientated update of cells in different spreadsheets
Dear Excel experts! Hope I am right here... I would like to create a customer-orientated & task daily checklist. Basically, I want to have a single spreadsheet (spreadsheet1) and worksheet (worksheet1) with customer names along the left (1 per row) and tasks along the top (1 per column) which I update on a daily basis. Once the task has been performed for a customer, a value will be written in the appropriate field i.e. for customer1, the task1 result "passed" would be typed into B2, however, for customer2, task1 might have "failed" which would be typed into C...

button link
How can I make a button linked to an other sheet in the same workbook or to an other file. I get the message that it has to be in the same sheet. Thanks in front Marcel. Marcel What type of button? How was it created? Are you trying to Hyperlink or do you have VBA code behind the button? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:45:01 -0800, Marcel <Marcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I make a button linked to an other sheet in the same workbook or to >an other file. I get the message that it has to be in the same sheet. > >Thanks in front > &g...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...

print to the acrobat distiller
How do I print to the acrobat distiller using xl 97 Hi if you have this installed it should appear as a printer in your printer dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany steve wrote: > How do I print to the acrobat distiller using xl 97 Hi Steve, Since you have the full Adobe Acrobat, see Export PDF into Excel http://www.library.mcgill.ca/edrs/services/publications/howto/PDFtoXLS/PDFtoExcel.html As Frank indicated the icon on your Excel is usually what you would use. You can also select the printer, yourself as that is how it is installed. Others might be interested in ...