Linking option buttons and returning data across worksheets

First off, let me explain that although I've found similar questions posted
here, I couldn't figure out how to adapt them to fit my my needs.  I am
currently using 2010 beta which may or may not make this trickier; and the
users will be using older versions - at least for now.

I have been given a workbook that was made up of worksheets from a few
different workbooks.  Two of the pages there include a diagram with points
along it identified by numbered option buttons.  When an option button is
selected, the corresponding number is returned in the cell that option button
is linked to.  What we WANT is for the values of the option buttons to match
across the worksheets, AND for the corresponding number to be returned in the
linked cells on both pages.

     i.e. When button 01 (of 48) on the worksheet named "Part 1 - Inspection
Data", is selected, cell E1 returns 01; accordingly, the value of button 01
on worksheet "Part 4 - Feasibilty" should also become TRUE with cell G16
returning 01.

What DOES happen is that when I select any button on either page, all
buttons on the other page become FALSE.

I have tried entering the worksheet name and cell range of the button on the
inspection sheet into the "linked cell field" of the properties of option
button 01 on the Feasibility sheet.  I have also tried editing the code; but
that hasn't gotten me anywhere, either....  (I haven't really used visual
basic in quite some time and am afraid that I've forgotten more than I
haven't!)  I'm under a deadline; so would greatly appreciate any help!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Opportunity Retrieve method not returning Id
I am trying to add functionality to the CRM such that CRM has the ability to duplicate or copy existing opportunities in order to create a new opportunity. What I want to do is to create a "Copy Opportunity" button on the Opportunity form.The button allows to navigate to a custom aspx page. By enabling parameter passing, I can pass the object type (opportunity)and object id to the custom aspx page. The code behind for this custom aspx page should create the new opportunity using the CRMOpportunity Create method, and maybe just have a text box where the user could type the name of th...

OK button at the Top-Right Corner of the Dialog
Hi, I am working with Pocket PC Application. I want the dialog not to display the "OK" button at the top right corner I added the below 2 lines in the OnInitDialog SHDoneButton(SHDB_HIDE); ModifyStyle(0, WS_NONAVDONEBUTTON, SWP_NOSIZE); But the SHDoneButton(SHDB_HIDE); is returning FALSE instead of TRUE. I even added the header file for this #include "aygshell.h" But still not working & the "OK" button is still present at the Top- Right corner. Please, can anyone help me ...... Lucky What version of PocketPC are you writing for? Which version ...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in cr
why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist "ruchie" <ruchie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CA25CA-151E-4488-81A2-28805B4E5F80@microsoft.com... > why i can't see Send button in my outlook for applying a job in craiglist Did you set up an email account in Outlook? ...

dynamically referencing to another worksheet
Hi all, I'm relatively new to Excel but I'm working on a spreadsheet for work. Let's say I have a workbook with a separate tab (worksheet) called "exam1". On the first worksheet I can reference to a cell (let's say A2) in the other by using "=exam1!A2". Here's what I need to do though. On the first worksheet in column A, I will have a list of all the tabs that will eventually be included in the spreadsheet (e.x. A1 = exam1, A2 = exam2, A3 = exam3, etc.). Is there a way I can modify the code from the first worksheet above (=exam1!A2) to be dynamic? ...

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Pushbutton control in worksheet?
Greetings, A long time ago, I managed to add a pushbutton control to a worksheet, and when that button was pressed by the user, the macro/function I had tied to the button wrote out a text file, the contents of which were strings that I built from data on worksheet 1 and wrote as lines on worksheet 2. I need to do a similar thing and was wondering if anyone had a quick answer as to how to do this. This also falls in line with my general question of how I add controls such as spinners or selection controls that allow the user to make a selection from a dropdown, for example, and have that se...

How do I create Folders/Sub folders from User Form control button
I have a User Form that I would like to take one of the spare control buttons and have it set up my job folder on the hard drive. I am not sure how to code it to achive the following results: These are my text box ID's Main Folder --------------------------------------------------------------------- User Selects drive: \ CES_No_1 \ CLLI_Code_1\ TEO_No_1 Sub Folders inside Main Folder ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Completed Drawings Elec Job Folder Misc Job Documents Site Pictures If you can dig up a copy of the VBS doc...

Missing Action buttons
Trying to launch hp application and driver recovery to reinstall a bundled program. The first screen that appears is cropped on the right side and bottom causing the action buttons to not be visible preventing the program from continuing past this screen. All other windows and screens are completely visible. Problem with this application only. hp cannot help using email and tech chat support. what you can try is temporarily modifying the desktop resolution. here are the instructions: http://tinyurl.com/ytfcbc -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º...

Command to reference previous worksheet
Hi, I have a macro whereby I copy the workbook and create a new file. There are many sheets, a, b, c....and I'd like the sheets in cell A1 to reference the previous sheet cell A1 + 1. Ex: in sheet "a", A1 = 30 therefore in sheet "b", cell A1 should show 31 and sheet "c", A1 = 32.... Some of the sheets will be deleted when it comes to the end of the billing cycle but I still want the subsequent sheets to continue with the sequence, ie, if "c" gets deleted, "d" should show A1 = 32. (A1 in "a" will always be changed upon a...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...

handling message of buttons in dynamic dialog
Environment: VC++ (MFC) To create a modal dialog box and some push buttons on it indirectly, I have used DLGTEMPLATE and DLGITEMTEMPLATE. Then,l call empty CDialog constructor to construct the dialog box object. Next, I call InitModalIndirect and DoModal to create and display my dialog box. But, I can't handle notification message of these pushbuttons. As you know I can't use the classwizard because this modal dialog is dynamically created with its control, and since it is a CDialog object (not a CDialog derived class,according MSDN) I can't override its function to add mess...

Data counting
hi there, I need a solution for excel. Sheet1. This worksheet excists of a column DATE where a user can fill in dates. These dates are of the format: dd/mm/yyyy . And a column AMOUNT. Where a user can fill in an amount. This amount is of the format: number, decimal 2 for example: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 34,80 12/07/2005 | 8,50 12/07/2005 | 12,90 20/07/2005 | 5,00 20/07/2005 | 7,50 24/07/2005 | 100,60 What I want to accomplish is the following. Excel has to make a SOM from the amounts per date. and list these SOMs on sheet2. in the format: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 56,20 ...

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

How do I not plot items with zero in a data series?

excel hang when switching worksheet

TAG Heuer Women's Link Diamond Accented Watch #WJF1414.BA0589
Price:$2,150.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000JQ2TL8 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000JQ2TL8 I gave it to my wife as a present of our married aniversary and she loved it. From Tag Heuer's Link series, comes this elegant expression of time, in polished steel with genuine diamond accents. The Mini Link quartz watch places a 24 mm solid steel case on Tag Heuer's remarkably fluid and emblematic link bracelet, scaled down in size for a more feminine look. The shimmering white mother-of-pearl dial offers two-hand function with a date displa...

custom pos buttons #7
I have created a bunch of custom pos buttons, but am having trouble with a few: -setting the customer i have tried the "selectcustomer" command; that is resulting in the customer list appearing, but when i select the customer and click ok, that customer is not being set. the transaction remains without a customer. I have also tried "setcustomer", that generate an error "error 5: invalid procedure call or arguement" -checking the balance of a voucher I dont know how to do this one. I had previously used the "voucher" button from a custom keyboard,...