Linking multiple sheets

I need to set up a spreadsheet that links to 12 others.  On each of the
others there may be 100 rows(or less) of information to bring in to the
master.  Is it possible to write a formula that enables the link to pull in
only rows that contain information?

I don't want blank rows between each of the 12 groups of information
0
JMR (3)

I'm sure an expert will chime in with something better, but I've done similar
with lookup functions.  don't do it direct or it will be slow.  I let
everything come over to one master workbook, then use a lookup page that
consolidates the data.

"JMR" wrote:

> I need to set up a spreadsheet that links to 12 others.  On each of the
> others there may be 100 rows(or less) of information to bring in to the
> master.  Is it possible to write a formula that enables the link to pull in
> only rows that contain information?
>
> I don't want blank rows between each of the 12 groups of information
0
widman (34)
8/30/2005 12:39:22 AM
Thanks for the input.  I don't have much experience using lookup functions.
I asked someone I work with for assistance.

"widman" wrote:

> I'm sure an expert will chime in with something better, but I've done similar
> with lookup functions.  don't do it direct or it will be slow.  I let
> everything come over to one master workbook, then use a lookup page that
> consolidates the data.
>
> "JMR" wrote:
>
> > I need to set up a spreadsheet that links to 12 others.  On each of the
> > others there may be 100 rows(or less) of information to bring in to the
> > master.  Is it possible to write a formula that enables the link to pull in
> > only rows that contain information?
> >
> > I don't want blank rows between each of the 12 groups of information
0
JMR (3)
8/30/2005 9:05:02 PM
Once you get the hang of the Vlookup you will wonder how you got along
without it.  Each week or month (depending on size) my distributors send me
the txt or excel file with their inventories.  I open my master inventory
control workbook, go to their page, and run a vlookup down a column to import
their inventory, calculating their sales to project needs.  No typing other
than the formula, which is mostly point-and-shoot.

"JMR" wrote:

> Thanks for the input.  I don't have much experience using lookup functions.
> I asked someone I work with for assistance.
>

> "widman" wrote:
>
> > I'm sure an expert will chime in with something better, but I've done similar
> > with lookup functions.  don't do it direct or it will be slow.  I let
> > everything come over to one master workbook, then use a lookup page that
> > consolidates the data.
> >
> > "JMR" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to set up a spreadsheet that links to 12 others.  On each of the
> > > others there may be 100 rows(or less) of information to bring in to the
> > > master.  Is it possible to write a formula that enables the link to pull in
> > > only rows that contain information?
> > >
> > > I don't want blank rows between each of the 12 groups of information
0
widman (34)

Linking Excel Workbooks
I'm linking data from several workbooks into one master workbook. Most of the fields are linking correctly. However, 1 specific field in the master workbook linking displays "#N/A" While I keep the master book open and bring up the other corresponding file in question....The master books field updates correctly. Once the file closes the master book's field goes back to the "#N/A" It's very nerve racking. The field that this happens with is a work schedule (Ex. 7:00pm-3:30pm) "Lee Holder" <durward.holder.jr@citicorp.com> wrote in message news:...

Sending from Multiple Accounts in Outlook 2K
In our office we run an internal exchange server, but also want to connect to an externally hosted email provider to occassionally send and receive email. In Outlook XP we can do this no problem. But on our older machines that only have Outlook 2K we can only receive email from the external provider, not send even though all the settings are the same as they are in Outlook XP. Is there a way to enable this option? Simply typing in the email address in the from field returns the following message: You do not have the permissions to send the message on behalf of the specified user. ch...

Access linked data
Hiya, I have a database/s ( I never made them) that gets updated by an admin weekly. I need to copy this to a PC that is on a boat and for the boat staff to access it. Basically it is two db's a front and backend, the backend residing on the server, when I copy both db's to the boat pc (no network connectivity) and open db (a) it tries to go looking for db (b) on the server and halts...I need it to look at db (b) I have copied into the same folder. I can use the linked table manager to get it to look in the right place ok but I would prefer if it would automagically look in th...

Multiple Domain Names on Outlook using the Exchange Server
Our company uses Outlook 2000 on exchange servers and all mail leaves with an envelope From address of @bear.com. I have a separate domain, user@maxrecovery.co.uk that i'd like to use on outgoing mails, so that all my recipients will see on the From: address, user@maxrecovery.co.uk and not user@bear.com and also not From: user@bear.com on behalf of user(Exchange) [user@maxrecovery.co.uk]. Is this possible? Also, Is it possible for me to receive mail if either user@bear.com or user@maxrecovery.co.uk is used? Thanks. ...

Spreadsheet only links to others when they are open
Hi All, I lost my earleir thread on this q (damn outlook express) before getting a reply, so apologies for re - posting. I have a spreadsheet (calcs) linked to two others that feed it data. If the two 'data feeders' are not open, calcs displays #value errors for all linked cells. This is after I have selected 'automatically update during opening of calcs. Can anyone help identify why this is and how I might change it ? Thanks, Neil There are some functions that don't work with closed workbooks. =sumif(), =indirect() What formula did you use in your links? Neil wr...

Linked lists defaults
I have a form which displays a single record depending on the selections made in two lists. I.e. The selection of a Group from PickGroup will limit the companies displayed in PickCompany. The selection of a Company from PickCompany will cause the form to display the details of that company. On selection of a Group the correct Companies are displayed in PickCompany and I have got it to highlight the first Company using Private Sub PickRecipientGroup_AfterUpdate() Me.PickCompany.Requery Me.PickCompany = Me.PickCompany.Column(0, 0) How do I get the form to display the detai...

creating forms with multiple tables
I have Access 2002, I created two tables, one that has all our customer information and the other will put in information pertaining to services rendered on a customers' pc. My question is, I created a form combining these two tables. I did it all as one form instead of using a sub form. When I go to the form to start entering information it will allow me to add the information for the customer but not the information for the computer. The table with the customer information has all the information in it, the table that will have the computer information gets added as the forms ...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...

Multiple Exchange Servers?
I am looking for someone that has multiple Exchange 2000 servers set up in the same domain. We have added another server, now have a Master-Member server relationship between the two. I have questions about how Outlook Web Access reacts to this. When users that have their mailboxes log on, they have to log on twice to get through. Once to the Master mailserver then to the Member. Does anyone out there have this problem/situation and be willing to discuss your setup? Jim D. Promenix What do you mean by 'Master-Member'? Sounds like you mean a Front-End / Back-End topology. ...

CRM needs to allow attachments and links in KB Articles
in addition to the search capabilities for knowledgebase articles, it would be nice to be able to place related topics links in the articles themselves. Also, I would like to be able to introduce a topic/solution and then attach a document, in PDF most likely, that gives the full (often 10-20 pages long, with graphics) description. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

All E-main links "not responding"
I have been using Outlook 2003 for some time. No problems. All of a sudden, today, when I click on a link in a received email, I receive an hourglass and then after a few seconds, "not responding" and I must ctrl-alt-del and mark the email, the link and outlook to "end task" in the "task manager." After several "end task" tries, the program ends and I am back to my home page. I can not connect to ANY links from Outlook. I talked with ISP (Windstream.net) (DSL) and when I connected to my email at their web site, the link worked. HELP! H...

Monthly Balance Sheet Reporting
Hello, I'm trying to create monthly balance sheet with the Analytical accounting with not much success, simply I have only YTD. Any other options beside of FRx ?? Thanks, EB. I have never heard of a Monthly Balance Sheet. Are you sure you are not talking about a Change if Financial Position report? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "EB" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to create monthly balance sheet wit...

Cell Ref
Good Afternoon, I have a macro that is writing from one workbook to another. After it has finished opening and writing it's initial data, it calls this macro and writes a special cell value to the front page. Though this works fine, I want it to be a cell reference (linked value) vs. static. Ive tried a couple ways unsuccessfully and was wondering if you might have some ideas on how to accomplish this. Thank you - Roger Sub WritetoMainPage() Dim irow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1") irow = ws.Cells(1, 12) _ .End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Row ws....

Automatic update of sheets
Hello, I am having a sheet with list of students and their active profile. I enter the marks for each subject for a month. This happens for the next month which is the next sheet. Suppose one student did not take the exam, he comes inactive and his name should not appear in the next months sheet. What formula should I use for this Thank you L Krishna Kumar Assume student names are listed in Sheet1's col A from row2 down with col B being the key col ("Marks") where any students absent will be marked as: abs In another Sheet2, In A2: =IF(Sheet1!B2="",&quo...

linking to other workbooks
1) When linking to an external workbook, my references are always absolute. Is there a way to default to a relative reference, or do I need to resign myself to deleting the $ or using F4 2) What is the max number of links to a specific external workbook? After a short time, I am unable to link and am forced to manually type in the path Thanks. ...

Cell reference
For example, I know I can refer to another worksheet in a cell formula as such: =Data!C6 However, Is there a way to refer to the name of the sheet based on the name of the sheet being a variable (ie. the contents of another cell?) THanks Matt Lawson Hi =INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!C6) where A1 stores your sheet name "Matt Lawson" wrote: > For example, I know I can refer to another worksheet in a cell formula as such: > =Data!C6 > > However, Is there a way to refer to the name of the sheet based on the name > of the sheet being a var...

Linking to items in a public folder
Is it possible to create a shortcut link to an item in a public folder? For example if a custom form is stored in a public folder can a shortcut be placed on the menu bar. For other shortcuts we have a button which has a http link to a folder on the local machine. Is it possible to reference items in public folders this way? Noel On Jun 29, 11:23 am, "Noel Hennessy" <henne...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to create a shortcut link to an item in a public folder? > > For example if a custom form is stored in a public folder can a shortcut be > placed o...

3 linked combo boxes in a form Options
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the option you suggested did not produce the desired result. Perhaps if I explain further what I am trying to do, you can offer some alternatives. Shopcbo based on Shopqry based on Shoptbl. Columns in the table are ShopName and ShopID. The shop same is self explanatory. The shop ID is a field a created to match up with a field in the equipment table. Areacbo based on Areaqry based on Areatbl. Columns in the table are AreaName, AreaLink and ShopName. The area link is a field created to identify each area that a piece of equipment belongs to...

calling multiple create
Hello, I am new to MFC and still have some Q. When I do a CButton wihtout wizzard then I have to call Create to actually make a hwnd that is connected to the mfc-CButton structure. I have a modal dialog that I call multiple times in my application by DoModal(). This will call OnInit() every time. In OnInit() I placed my Create functions for the elements like CButton. Can I do this (calling Create multiple times)? Do I get memory leakage? Should I call Create somewhere else (in the Constructor of CDialog)? Thanks, Adib. --- The CButton class will make sure not to leak memory. Howeve...

Printing multiple worksheets on one page
In Excel 2000 and 2002, is it possible to print 2 or more Excel worksheets on one page? Nothing found in help or the knowledgebase at Microsoft. I prefer not to hassle with moving everything into 1 new worksheet. Thanks Try this Tom http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cd201c39a52$7152bf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000 and 2002, is it possible to print 2 or more > Excel worksheets on one page? Nothing foun...

find duplicated lines in excel sheet
I have an excel sheet with text column. I wish to find and remove some duplicated lines. How can I do it? If I can do it with Excel? I've tried google for this task and found freeware tool for finding duplicated - http://www.aks-labs.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69 it was good for my task, but if I can do something better with Excel? Thank you! You could use conditional formatting for the column with duplicates. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#DupColumn Alan" <allangrlind@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1122245733.329829.213230@g43g2000cwa.googlegr...

Saved Profiles for importing data multiple times
When first populating the CRM with leads, accounts, etc you have to do it multiple times to either get the right field mapping or to bring in different identifiers ( Leads, or Accounts ). It is a pain to have to redo the mappings of every field every time you run an import. This will also apply to loading campaigns and new lists once the product is operational. About the only thing good with goldmine is that is has this feature. Is it possible to add some kind of profile you can save with the fields you require already mapped ? Also, when you import with Account record type, it does no...

multiple instance of CRM on domain
We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM. It is important to note, each division has it's own domain. While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router. Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server (and through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange router. Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need to address to make this work? This will probably answer your question (or some parts of it anyway): http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/0...

how do i make a sheet of different labels using office 2003

Refreshing AutoFilter in Linked Worksheets
Here's my dillema: I have 2 worksheets which have the identical data. The second worksheet is completely linked to the first worksheet: For example, the value for A1 in the second worksheet is =Sheet1!A1. The second sheet is supposed to show values in the "Rank" Category that are only equal to 5. The first sheet has about 100 "Rank" items listed from 1-5. Sheet 2 is autofiltered to only show values equal to 5. The problem arises when I add new items in Sheet 1 with a "Rank" of 5 and those items are not showing up in Sheet 2. But when I click the drop do...