Linking many EXCEL tables into a long WORD document

Would anyone have direct experience with linking lots of
Excel tables into complicated Word reports - say 100
tables into a 100 page document?

I tried this years ago shortly after OLE came out, but the
document's links got confused, with Excel occasionally
getting confused about which worksheet tab and range
belonged in which Word table.  This was not a case of my
error, nor of corrupted files due to crashes, but was
confirmed as a problem with Excel by a person knowledgable
of its codes and bugs back then.

Needless to say, I stopped aiming at having these live
links in my documents, and opted to do static "picture"
pastes - more work, especially at the end of a report when
one change rippled through many tables, but reliable.

AM I OUT OF DATE?  DO NUMBEROUS LINKS WORK RELIABLY IN
EXCEL 2002 OR 2003.  My same Microsoft friend doubts that
code has been revisited since, but a small test set of
links tseems to work.  HAS ANYONE USED THIS FEATURE HEAVY
DUTY?  ANY CAUTIONS THAT MAKE IT WORK, LIKE LIMITING THE
LINKS TO ONE RANGE LINKED PER WORKSHEET, ETC?  Thanks!!

0
anonymous (74722)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Linking files 2 ways

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Pivot Table Question #5

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Document Viewer installer error

cannot open hyper links in outlook

learning Excel #3

How to get to email from Word

Excel VBA

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook