Linking Headers & Footers

Is it possible to link Headers and footers to a cell within a work book

Probably really easy but I can't see how to do it.
Many thank

If you are ready to use VBA it is. Here is an example

    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("A1").Value
    End With

End Sub

This goes in the TisWorkbook code module.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ianripping >" <<ianripping.zyr3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to link Headers and footers to a cell within a work book?
>

> Probably really easy but I can't see how to do it.
> Many thanks
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)

query or link?? wont update with parent file
I have been using a foxpro query (modified) to pull in a list of part numbers with associated data. The data is set to update in the satellite spreadsheet when the business system has new part numbers added. The problem with this is that it gives us fits with vlookups (sometimes the imports are text, sometimes numbers- so it is a bit troublesome to Instead, I thought I would embed a good excel file in this bill of material worksheet, but now I find it does not update at all- I hit refresh and it will not refresh. At first I thought it was having autofilter turned on- but we seem to be ...

Update Links Error...
When I open a workbook Im alerted that the file needs to be updated. When I click on "-Update-" and then "-Edit Links-". Im told the Source Type, Update, and Status, the Source = -Name of Worksheet-, Type Worksheet, Update = A, Status = Error, Source not found. My question is i found where the error was and have cleared it of al issues. when I save and close the file and reopen it, I am told ye again about an update issue. I've gone through the whole workbook an can not find any issues that it says I have. How can I fix this? Thank -- HoseHead7 --------------------...

Multiple headers
Hello, I've a worksheet that contains Printing titles and a custom footer. The print title contains an image (jpg). Now I require that the image changes half way through the pages. I cannot find a way to do it (similar to the sections in Word that allows you to do that). Does anybody have some advice? Do you need VBA to do this? thanks, Gus You'll need a macro. Record a macro when you change the picture, print the first set, change the picture and print the next set. And you'll be pretty much done. Gus Knoops wrote: > > Hello, > > I...

Link in Outlook to an excel worksheet
I would like to no how to create a link in an outlook email to a worksheet in an excel workbook. Equivilent to Insert/file as hyperlink However, I want the path to specify the worksheet name so the paticular worksheet will be activated when the workbook is opened. Any help would be appreciated.. Hi, you could write a simple Auto_Open macro to select the sheet you want There's plenty of help on Auto_Open macros on exceltip.com or via google search. Ar -- HiAr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

Header with &
I have Excel 2003 and need to put our company name LG&E ENERGY in the header but Excel must think the & is some kind of format, because it changes it to LG ENERGY (removes the &E and double underlines the word ENERGY). What can I do to tell it to stop!!! Thanks in advance for your help!! Carla Just use 2 ampersands, i.e. LG&&E ENERGY Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Carla Bradley" wrote: > I have Excel 2003 and need to put our company name LG&E ENERGY in the header > but Excel must think the & is some kind of format, because it changes it to > L...

Best way to update links
When we open a file, it will ask us if we want to update links and it will ask "yes or no"? If you answer yes, it will say "not enough memory" u"nable to update external links". It does appear to be updating the information. Should I have any concerns as a result of the warning? Is this a result of a slow PC or the network? Would the better approach be to answer "no" and update the links manually? Thanks for your help in advance! ...

how do I open message headers no longer with server
I've just had XP installed. Doing so left me with little download left for the month, so I 'downloaded headers only'? and viewed my emails through Yahoo mail and deleted unwanted emails. I've upgraded my download capacity, but now can't open messages which I have 'headers' for, but have deleted in Yahoo Mail. Could you kindly tell me how to open or delete those emails? Thank you. "hooklinesinka" <hooklinesinka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFDDA2D1-65BD-403C-9A5D-70F25356F301@microsoft.com... > I've just had XP instal...

why does my sheet not save external link values?
When I open a sheet that cointais external link values, I see a lot of '#REF? errors. So, I need to open the referenced files as well. This is not the default behaviour, because Execel normaly saves a copy of the "last seen" external values How can I get the sheet to save external link values internally? xirx wrote: > When I open a sheet that cointais external link values, > I see a lot of '#REF? errors. So, I need to open > the referenced files as well. This is not the default > behaviour, because Execel normaly saves a copy of the > "last seen" e...

This workbook contains links to other data sources
My workbook has links to other shared workbooks in the network. Whenever the file is opened, the user gets the message "This workbook contains links to other data sources". Is there a way to skip this prompt? Ya. I'd like an answer here too. Tools/Options/Edit/deselect "Ask to update automatic links" "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ufimn$GSGHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My workbook has links to other shared workbooks in the network. Whenever > the file is opened, the user gets the message "This workbook contains lin...

Linking Incident and Activity Tables/Views
I am trying to write a query that gives me the ticketnumber for each incident (case) that has a email that contains the text: Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898) Below I have gotten everything I need, but the ticketnumber. SELECT A.OwnerIdName, A.Subject, A.ActivityTypeCode, A.Description, A.ActivityId, A.RegardingObjectTypeCode, A.RegardingObjectIdName FROM dbo.ActivityPointer A WHERE Subject LIKE '%Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898)%' OR Description LIKE '%Error: Failed to Print File (-2147023898)%' Addendum to this: How do I link the dbo...

Can the user's name be removed from the header of printed messages?
Hello, One of our bosses has several secretaries who print out some of his mails for him to read. When they print the mail, their names are in the header, in large, bold characters. The boss finds that distracting. How can we remove the secretaries' names completely from the header of the printed message please? I hope it's not using forms on every single folder/message type... Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. ...

Excel Links #3
Two questions for anyone who might be able to help: 1. Is this the best place to exchange views with clever people who might be able to help with problems with excel or point to solutions and books? 2. (a) I have s pesky problem: an old spreadsheet with links to another spreadsheet that no longer exists. Whenever I open this file the Excel programme asks me if I want update the links and tells me that the old files don't exist. How do I eliminate the links? 2. (b) Is there a good source of information on the way to use and handle links in Excel as I would like to set up a databa...

Linking to Royal Bank of Canada
I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my checking and savings accounts? In microsoft.public.money, Martin Buisjrogge wrote: >I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank >of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my >checking and savings accounts? See http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=30&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=rbc+royal.bank&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&am...

Excel: links to UDF on other page go blank during save
I have a spreadsheet that has several cells that have links to a cell located in a different, (i.e. ='Sheet 3'!AC8). The cell on the different sheet calls a user defined function. When I'm in the first sheet and save the file, those cells that link back to sheet 3 go to zeroes. If I display sheet 3 and then redisplay sheet 1, the cells will contain the correct values, otherwise they will contain zeroes. My UDF called from sheet 3, has Application.Volatile, all Office and OS maint is up to date. Anybody have any guesses as to what I'm doing wrong or where to look? H...

Custom footer #2
Is there a way to print page numbers in footer on worksheets within a workbook? For example, instead of printing Page 2 of 21 (the entire workbook), I want it to print Page 2 of 2(the worksheet). How can I do this without printing each sheet separately? The entire workbook needs to be printed. ...

Lost link to old outlook data after PC crash
Any help would be appreciated. My husband fried our configuration, and ended up having to re-install every programme. In the process...I can no longer access my old Outlook express emails (local folder)...how do I get them back? Thanks in advance ...

Workflow emails
You can create a workflow rule that sends a notification email to someone when a task is created or assigned to them. It would be very helpful to be able to include a link that will open that task or appointment or case. You can insert a Case number, for example, but you would need the GUID for that case in order to create the link. The suggestion is that in the list of fields you can insert into an email or a template, add a link for the record that was just created or assigned so that the user can open that link from the email message. -Clay ---------------- This post is a suggest...

Make a Chart a link or Pop up in worksheet?
I am trying to make a chart a pop up or a link, I am needing to do multiple charts on the same worksheet for each row, and this is the only way, I believe the charts would be readable. Also is there a way to copy the same date ranges for each row(similar to copyin gthe same formula for each row). You could do this with dynamic charts. Make one of each type of chart using dynamic ranges, linked to a cell that holds the particular row number of interest. You can use some kind of slider or other control to change the row number. There are a few techniques for this in my web site: ...

Linking two text boxes
I have a text box on page one of a document and I have another text box on page two of the same document. I want both boxes to contain the same text - although formatted differently. How can I type it once and have it automatically change in the second text box? Best way is to copy/paste the text and re-format. There really isn't any easy way to synchronize objects. JoAnn Paules had a way to use a text box from a newsletter template. Look for a post dated May 6, 4:20 PM by Jim. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

Attach/upload/link files to a form
I'd like to create an upload button in an access form that allows the user to upload a file, but I have a few questions: 1. Is this efficient? I'm assuming that if you upload multiple files on Access, there wouldn't be a lot of space available. 2. The reason I would prefer an upload is that I don't want to use the hyperlink option because hyperlinks can get broken either by a file being accidently moved to another directory or folder or simply changing the file name. 3. If uploading files onto an Access form -is- efficient and feasible, what kind of code would ...

Regular MFC dll linking to Extension MFC dll (Class Size Limit?)
I have this very strange problem and I wonder if anyone can help. I have this regular MFC dll which creates a page inheriting CPropertyPage. This page places a custom MLE control on it. This custom MLE comes from extension dll. Everything was working fine. Now I needed to add more members to custom MLE to expand the functionality. When I added some arbitrarily size variable (say char cArray[20]), page crashed during the initialization. Strange thing is that dlls compile and build just fine. I found that adding char cArray[15] is fine but adding cArray[16] makes it crash. It is like there i...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

Manufacturing Job Cost Link to PO Line and PO Receipt
Upon our upgrade to GP 10 we encountered a “BUG”. We use the “Manufacturing Job Cost Module” to link our PO lines and RCT lines to jobs. Typically when you receive a po line that is linked to a job number, it carries the link to the receipt line, but since we upgraded to GP 10, this doesn’t work! The link is stored in the ICJC3100 and ICJC3110 for PO lines, ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 for PO RCTs. Currently the ICJC3200 and ICJC3210 tables don’t have the links that they should. We have not changed anything in the Transaction List Setup, it still is set to link “all” transactions. Any hel...