Linking Ecel to Access

I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the
same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the
first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process
macro at the line.
Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END")

The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called
Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the
ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either
sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated.

---

Sryan,

For Range("End") to work, there must be a range named End.  If you want to
get to the end of a table, instead use something like:

Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) =  MyData

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Copy _
  Destination:=Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Cells.Rows.Count,
1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

The last one will copy A1 from Sheet1 and paste it to the row under the last
data-containing cell in column 1 of Sheet 2.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"sryan >" <<sryan.10a2iq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the
> same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the
> first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process
> macro at the line.
> Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END")
>
> The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called
> Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the
> ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either
> sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated.
>

> ---

nowhere1083 (630)
1/19/2004 3:28:24 PM
Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") refers to a named range in the
currently active sheet. If it is not there you will get an error.

Better (still needing a named range) is something like :-
Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("END")

---

Thank

External data link change

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Access Switchboard Question
I am trying to open a file in another application (MS Word) from my switchboard in access. I am using Office 2003. How can I do this? Open the switch board in design mode and display the CONTROL TOOLBOX. Verify that the WIZARD button is activated (magic wand trailing fairy dust button) Click the command button tool. In the CATEGORIES column select APPLICATION and in the ACTIONS column select RUN MS WORD. Click NEXT Select the PICTURE you want to use or the text prompt you want to use and click NEXT. Give the command button a name (optional) and click FINISH. Save the form and give ...

access report on a cross tab query
i have a cross tab query which gives an output like below with following columns------- ozip dzip week no1 week no2 week no3 columns week no1 , week no2 and so on could be dynamic-- it could also be week no52, week no 51 etc nowi i am trying to create a report based on the above query using report wizard--- how should i create a report when column names keep on changing based on what the user needs pls advise thanks subs wrote: >i have a cross tab query > >which gives an output like below with following columns------- > >ozip dzip week no1 wee...

How do I configure exchange to access OWA from the Internet througha firewall?
Users want to access OWA from the Internet. Wich components do I need to configure? Do I need a new external IP-address? Thanks in advance JP On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:54:25 +0200, "JP" <japjap@passagen.se> wrote: >Users want to access OWA from the Internet. Wich components do I need to >configure? Do I need a new external IP-address? > >Thanks in advance >JP > What version of Exchange? Generically you don't need a new IP address. If you implement NAT at the router/firewall and have an IP address that isn't port forwarding TCP 443 then you can use t...

How to update a linked spreadsheet without opening it?
Hello experts, I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. When values in S2 are changed and saved, I need S1 to update its value itself WITHOUT ME MANUALLY OPENING S1 AND UPDATING IT. Can I update S1 without opening it and how? Thanks vey much for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK no chance to do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello experts, > > I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. > > When values in S2 are changed and saved, I need S1 to update its > values ...

Access
I am looking for a way to display contact information from within Excel. How can I pull this information into a worksheet from active directory? I want to lookup names, like typing an email, select a name and have it appear in a given cell. Can anyone help? ...

Linking from Visio to Excel bookmark?
I want to be able to link from a box in a Visio file to a particular spot in an Excel document. I've been told that Visio does not support links to bookmarks in Excel. Is this true? If so, is there another way I could accomplish linking from a spot within Visio to a spot within Excel? Thanks! Yeah, you can get it to work with the pound sign. Address: "...\Desktop\Bob.xls#myRange" Works in Save As Web... too! -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "LisaH" <LisaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:334C3B2F-6338-47C3-924D-8E3A41420878@mi...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Import Multiple CSV Files Into Access 2007
I am new to Microsoft Access. I have 42 different csv files that I would like to import as individual tables into access. In each of the files the first row contains the field names. Unless I am missing something, Access is only allowing me to do one at a time. Is there a way in which I can import all of them? I have them all in one folder. Yes, you need to import them one at a time. However, that shouldn't be an issue. Take a look at what Ken Snell has at http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm#ImpFolderFiles -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Outlook 2007 links fail in IE8
When clicking on an OL2007 hyperlink IE8 opens to a blank page and then an error message comes up saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working". The button on the error is "close program". I have reset IE8 as the default (many times). I have Chrome installed (just to try it). I can copy and paste the link and it works. I am running Windows 7 Pro. Very frustrating! See the following See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for as...

Outlook web access
some of my web access clients have a problem where, after pressing the send button, in owa, the window of the message freezes. the button lookes like it's pushed in, but nothing happens. then after a few minutes, if they try to close the window with the X on the top right, they get a message that the message hasn't been sent. what could be the cause of this problem?. ...

Accessing email using MS Outlook
in company all users using Outlook 2003 to access email. Users using OWA 2003 to access email from home or outside company. Anyways to configure such that users can also access thier email from home or outside company using Outlook 2003 client ? Yes. You can either setup VPN server in the office or setup RPC over HTTP. See http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=1773&query=rpc+over+http&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=4&mode=a&adv=1 2Tian wrote: > in c...

Document access denied, user does not have access privileges
I'm using Word 2003, XP Media Center Ed. I saved my file, opened and closed it a number of times, each time saving as usual. After completing the document, I saved again and now can't open it, getting this message: Word cannot open the document--user does not have access privileges. Another document I was working on at the same time still opens perfectly. I've been through all the steps to recover mentioned on the MS website to no avail. Can anyone help? -- Beryl Remember, YHWH God is always blessing you. Receive it. Pass it on. ...

Cannot access hotmail POP through Entourage since setting up hotmail in Outlook
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Last week I installed Windows 7 on a separate partition on my Mac. I installed Office 2007 and set up Outlook to access my hotmail account through POP. <br><br>Now however, when I'm using my Mac OS, I am unable to access my hotmail account through Entourage (which was working perfectly before I setting up Outlook). I do not have Outlook and Entourage running at the same time. The error message I get in Entourage reads: <br><br>Mail could not be received at this tim...

Linking ActiveX Controls
I want to have a checkbox or two, that only become active or available for selection when a specific option button is selected. Can / how do I do this? I guessed that these controls were on a worksheet. I went into designmode and double clicked on one of the optionbuttons and pasted this code: Option Explicit Private Sub OptionButton1_Change() Me.CheckBox1.Enabled = CBool(Me.OptionButton1.Value) Me.CheckBox2.Enabled = CBool(Me.OptionButton1.Value) End Sub MikeyS wrote: > > I want to have a checkbox or two, that only become active or available for > selection when a s...

Linking Accounts to Contacts using Data Migration
Hi, I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts show as Contacts for the specific accounts. Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do? I've looked through the self help, and data migration guide. Thank you! Voni I believe I have it figured out.....the two record types need to be imported in the same run. "Voni" wrote: > Hi, > > I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not > found what I need to...

Integrating Excel with Access
I have been given the task of designing a database that would store customer information. However, It should be done in a way that when an invioce is created in excel it will be automatically recorded in the access database. All help in carrying out this process, is greatly appreciated. to a macro on ms access that will get the data from ms excel DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "MyTable", MyExel, True, "Print!A4:J18" On ms excel enter this code Function SendData() Dim objAccess As New Access.Application Dim JCServer JCServer = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\...

Access 2007 Interface Customization
I wonder how much my application could configure the Access feel andlook. For example could I change the office logo on the office menuwith a custom logo for my application? What about the colors? Bydefault office has a blue theme and it looks like the windows XPthemes don't affect it. Can my application change it? Also access hasa welcome screen that runs like for 5 secs can I disable it (to makeit harder for people to know what was used to develop the application?...

Give a user name and a password to access GP
I was very happy to download the file GP10.0Trial.exe for studying this software and recommend it or not to my customers. At the beginning everything was find, the SQL server was created and started, the installation went perfect, the databases are in their locations.... So I click the program GP to start, first screen, they want a user and a password, I do not find that information, so I can't access the software. Also in the GP Utilities installed at the same time, the user that appears is ''sa'' for system administrator, probably, but again I do not have a passwor...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express #2
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ Paul <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access > my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness > mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in > outlook express. Outlook Web Access is exactly what it says: access to your Exchange server via a web browser. Outlook Express has no concept of that. Besides,...

Microsoft Office Access an't find the object '[.'
Hi there I was working on my database and I now get this error message when I try to open my database. Microsoft Office Access an't find the object '[.' If '[.' is a new macro or macro group, make sure you have saved it and that you have typed its name correctly. I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance for your help. Do you have a form that opens when your Access application opens? If so, check all of its event properties. If you don’t find anything in its properties, check all of the control properties on the form. Can you o...

Mobile access and Outllook Web Access with form region
Hi If I were to have a custom form region in my outlook calendar appointment, can I view the form region with Outlook Web Access or Mobile web such as IPhone or Blackberry? Thank you for your help. Ishak No to both. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Ishak" <Ishak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2667BFB-0AFB-409B-ADCA-A7B9EF3667A2@microsoft.com... > Hi > ...

access mbx folder in 2000
Good day. Is there sny way in Exchange 2000 for me to get access to the folders within MBX so i can delete mail from users directly from the server? I know that this is possible because I was able to do it b4, but we recently migrated to new servers and now I am not able to. The reason i need this access is because I have users who refuse to delete and clear their mail and i am at the 16 GB limit. -- Trinidad Why don't you just set a mailstore policy so all your users have a set mailbox size? They then won't be able to send or recieve (or both depending on your settings you...

Bar code Stock Control Access or Excel??
Hello there! We run a business with around 1000 line items for which we need to employee a 'homemade' stock control system (I am thinking of a bar code scanner and a lap top for speed). Question is with the latest version of excel becoming so much more flexible which is the best for the task - Access or Excel?? I am aware either way I go this is a fairly big task!! However I appreciate any advice - there may even be threads on here with answers to this exact question?? Any advice hints and tips would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance Dave -- Dave Savage -----------------------...