Linking Combo box to pivot table?

Hi All,

I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a
count of the calls in the data area.

What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which
when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the
pivot table.

Is this possible please??

--
Adam
-----------

You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table.
Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

how to increase mail box to receive large messages using outlook ?
I am having messages bounced saying mail box not large enough -- how do I fix this ?? Thanks Chris speak to your email admin - if they are messages you send, speak to the recipient so they can ask their admin. (but don;t hold your breath that you'll get it increased) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Jo...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

sum of check box
Hi, I made a report from a query. In my report I have multiple check box (yes/no). I would like to sum all the yes check box at the end of the report. I tried =Abs(Sum([name_of field])) as well as =Sum(IIf([name_of_field]=True,1,0)) and for both, I get the result on the report as ''yes''....???... Any suggestion? Thanking you in advance! Cheers, Ka Fix the format property of the sum control (xerox engineering?) Pieter "ka" <ka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C09F5EB4-C98C-452C-A1A7-E0AFE8099D72@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage #2
MS Excel 2002 Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel would be much appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

how do I get more than one sub-total in pivot tables?
I am using pivot tables to show summary HR recruiting data. The data columns are nested at three levels - priority(a, b or c), type(add/replace), number of reqs and number of positions. The pivot table automatically gives me sub-totals within the priority so I get number of reqs that are adds of priority A for example. I also automatically get a total of number of reqs and total of number of positions. What I'm trying to get is the sub-total of number of reqs that are adds regardless of priority. Move Type to the column area, and you'll get columns with totals for Add and...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

Combo Box help please
I have a combo box with 4 fields which is using a query made from 2 related tables. Column 0 populates the primary table and I need column 1 to populate the secondary table once selected in the form. The details from each field are located on the form (hidden with a visible field which joins columns 2&3 into one field) Is there a way to do this? Really do not want to split this down if I can help it. If I do need to split it, is there a way to select column 0 and it make the 2nd combo box only show related entries e.g Current Combo - 0=Company Name, 1=ContactID, 2=F...

Word 2003 > 2007 Table issues
In the document where I removed the extra paragraph marks, I now have many tables with vertical text. If I make a column wider, it moves horizontal, but then I have a lot of extra space and it takes away from the previous columns width. I don't see if forcing a cell size. Also, I have many tables which are wider than the size of the page. Is there a way to fix that. Since I have large documents with the above issues, is there a way to globall fix it? Thanks! Of course, Autofit to Window will make the table fit the window... That would be a table by table item, though...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Linking two cells in two books
Hi, I have two workbooks. In Book1, I want A2 to be exactly the same as B1 in Book2. The problem is that every night, I run a program which updates Book2, inserting a new row 1, so the value in B1 is now pushed down to be the value in B2 and a new value is inserted into in B1. I want this new value in B1 to be reflected in A2 (Book1). That is, for A2 (Book1) to always be the same value as B1 (Book2), even when B1 becomes a new row with a new value. I thought I would be okay if I used dollar signs, so for A2 in Book1, I have: ='[Book2.xls]AA'!$B$1 But it doesn'...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table
Hi guys, I hope somebody may be able to help. I want to be able to automate the following procedure Create individual worksheets for selected rows in a table. Many thanks - Batman2002 Batman, If you really want the entirerow, then use this - if you just want the selection, then remove the .EntireRow of the last line: Sub CopySelectioToNewWorksheet() Dim mySheet1 As Worksheet Dim mySheet2 As Worksheet Set mySheet1 = ActiveSheet Set mySheet2 = Sheets.Add(Type:="Worksheet") mySheet1.Activate Selection.EntireRow.Copy mySheet2.Range("A1") End Sub HTH, Bernie "...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Sort across a table
I have a table with theese records: SpillID SumBS SumGG SumBB SumBH 1 66 42 53 21 2 60 22 35 32 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 10 4 46 5 -8 53 17 -1 6 39 18 49 53 7 17 50 54 34 8 24 53 38 56 9 25 44 35 53 10 55 11 -9 32 Are there a way that Access that can present these data sorted like this: SpillID 1 66 53 42 21 2 60 35 32 22 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 46 10 4 5 53 17 -1 -8 6 53 49 39 18 7 54 50 34 17 8 56 53 38 24 9 53 44 35 25 10 55 32 11 -9 Any answer will be highly valued. hi, On 15.02.2010 12:14, The Viking wrote: > I have a table with theese records: > Spil...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Auto-select combo box entry when only one row
I have 2 combo boxes the second is dependent on the first. When the first is clicked, I requery the second in the OnClick event. When the requeried combo box has only one row, I'd like this to be auto selected. How can I do this? Thanks. "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message news:3AACB546-54A0-4BC2-8AFA-03AEB37F001E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 combo boxes the second is dependent on the first. When the first >is > clicked, I requery the second in the OnClick event. When the requeried > combo > box has only one row, I'd like this to be...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

Slow check box
HI all, Have a prob. I have multiple check boxes on my sheet but, they tak approx 2 seconds to select when 'clicked'. I know it still runs but have others similar that run instantaneously. Any ideas???? Cheers!! -- gavme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gavmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32029 ...

Using a MIN, MAX formula on a calculated field in a pivot table
How can I create a calculated field that includes formulas with MIN, MAX or AVERAGE? Becasue the summary form calculated field of a pivot table cannot be changed (is always SUM), Excel returns a different number when I try to insert a field that includes such a formula. I am trying to include a field like this to calculate minimum possible cost: =MIN('Price')*SUM(Order Quantity) Any suggestion on how to do it? ...

New Excel Comment Box Issue
My Excel comment boxes are showing up as a solid black box. On the surface, it looks like the same issue as all the other posts that I have read. I'm running Office 2000 on Windows 2000 desktop. This has suddenly stopped working in the past week or so. I'm having problems with all spreadsheets with comments. I can access the spreadsheet on different computers without problems - all with the same setup. I have tried the following to no avail- Reinstalling Excel (2000) Checking the settings for the comment boxes - my settings are fill color: automatic style is set to 3/4 pt ...

between date text boxes will not link to subform
This is what I have done. I know it is not correct. I have added this to the 'Link Master Fields' property in a subform : Between [Forms]![SUB_ORDERS]![StartDate] And [Forms]![SUB_ORDERS]![EndDate] However, I cannot get the form to output on this criteria. Instead when I run this I get a pop up parameter with the exact code above printed on the popup. When I key in a date it goes straight to the form. I just wanted to use two text boxes with the between date functionality. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Please. Thanks, Mitchell -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:...

Why does calendar dates that I receive go directly to "Delete" box
Calendar dates that I receive from others in the bldg. go directly to my "Delete" box. Does anyone know how I can change them to go to my "Inbox"? Are the appointments added to your calendar? What is your configuration in Tools, options, email options, tracking options: http://slipstick.me/jing/receipts.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslette...

Disable Dialogue Box To Save & Replace File
Hi, I'd like to have a macro to NOT have excel ask me if I want to replace the existing file when i save, ie, when I save a file and there's already one in the folder, I want excel to just overwrite the file without having a dialogue box asking me if I want to overwrite the existing file. Is it possible? Regards, Dolphin Hi, Fish. :) Dave Hawley has an article here: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/prevent-save-prompt.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dolphinv4" <Dolphinv4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E93992-EC0F-4D02-89D1-B565131...

Add lookup after the table has been created
Hi there I have created a table and realized that to ease use of adding data, I want to add a lookup column. How do I create a lookup column (either typed in or based on another table) to a field which has already been populated? Thank you Don't do it! You should never be working directly with the tables: you should always use a form. On a form, you can easily bind the field to a combo box. See http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm at "The Access Web" for some of the many reasons why lookup fields in tables are not considered to be a good thing...