Linking cells to MS Project cells

I have an Excel file with cells linked to MS Project
cells.  There are several MS Project source files
involved.  When first created all the Excel links worked
as expected. Upon reopening the Excel file some cells
update properly and others display #NAME?. Does anyone
know why and is there a way to fix this?

To make matters a bit more confusing I have seen(on rare
occasion)upon reopening the Excel file some cells
previously displaying the #NAME? value displaying
appropriate linked data correctly.
0
anonymous (74722)

Add a signature to "Email this file" link?
We've just come under new regualtions that require a signature tag on all outgoing emails. Adding that sig to Outlook was easy, adding it to the right-click context menu on a file was a little trickier (but I found it), but so far I'm not able to add the signature when a user opens a folder, highlights a file, and chooses "Email this file" from the File and Folder Tasks on the left-hand menu. Any ideas? Outlook-specific newsgroups include: microsoft.public.outlook.general microsoft.public.outlook.bcm microsoft.public.outlook.bcm.developers microsoft.publi...

Joining text with a formula in cell #2
Thanks, I'll try and explain a bit better If you want to show the result of a formula and text in the same cel you can use something like this =SUM(A1:A4)&"*". This will sum the A1:A4, show the result and put an asterix at the en of the number.(eg 22*) But the problem occurs when the sum has decimal points. If the forma is set to 2 decimal points but the sum is greater than 2 decimal point then it does not round it to 2. It shows as 22.444444444444444* when i should be 22.44* It is like the tip "Joining text with a linked date in Microsof Excel" -- Mustard Hea ---...

ms excel predefine english word on the cell
how to predefine an english word ie. "S" on the cell. So, user each time just type in ie. 1243 and the cell will return S1243. Then the user no need to type so many times of "S" in front of 1243. If the user ie. type it 1244, then it returns "S1244" automatically. Any hints and steps and procedure as well. thanks gary email: garywwww3@hotmail.com -- garyww ------------------------------------------------------------------------ garyww's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35818 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Link to a changing cell? You'll see...
Hi, Is it possible to have a hyperlink between two sheets that jumps to th cell that is displaying today's date? I want to have a link from one worksheet, that when pressed takes me t a different worksheet, but on the this new sheet locates the cell whic is displaying today's date. Essentially, I have a link going to my year planner, but rather tha having to constently scroll down each time, it would be good if the ro which contained today was immediately displayed. The dates are all in column A. Can this be done? Thanks, Mark -- mevett ---------------------------------------...

locking text in a cell, but allowing new text to be added
Sorry for such a newbie question. I have created a form and in some cells, I have text that I want to lock, but allowing others to add to the text in the cell. For example, if I put "Resolution Suggestions: " I would like that to be locked, but enable others to add their suggestions. Is there a way to do this, without having that particular text being in a separate cell? Thank you One way, not necessarily a good way, but it will work: Enter a space into the cell, then use format, custom, and use the format string ;;;"Resolution Suggestions: "@ Which will show...

Why can't I view my Pulisher project in color?
When I preview my project in Publisher I can't view it in color, only gray scale . Any ideas why this is? Do you have a color printer? In Publisher 2007 if the default printer is black and white you will get a print preview in gray scale. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dru" <Dru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5B69E9-870B-468E-A40F-5FD4240937A1@microsoft.com... > When I preview my project in Publisher I can't view it in color, only gray > scale . Any ideas why ...

OWA Link redirect issue
I send emails to my exchange server users to view using OWA. if I hyperlink sites that are available in and out of my domain but reside on the same server i get an error.for example, If a user clicks on a hyperlinks in a email within OWA they redirect correctly. say a hyperlink to www.yahoo.com works fine but when I click a link to my own external domain home.dllw.com it fails with a HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden page. here is the link: 1. https://home.dllw.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://home.dllw.com I have followed microsofts kb 817312 and I have a dns record to resolve the home.dllw.c...

subtracting 2 cells but only if 1st cell is greater than 0
In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is , or = to 0, in which case, I would like e11 to be 0. i have tried severeral =if and sumif formulas and can't get anything to work. Any suggestions? hi if i understand your post, you want c11 subtracted from d11 if c11 is greater than or equal to 0 otherwize 0. try this..... =IF(OR(C11>0,C11=0),D11-C11,0) post back if i misunderstood. Regards FSt1 "Maureen" wrote: > In cell e11 I would like to subtract cell d11-c11 unless the calue in c11 is > , or = to 0, in which case...

Link to stock information in countries not listed
How can I acces fund and bond information in Switzerland and Luxembourg? If you mean "Can I automatically download information from Swiss & Luxembourg Stock Exchanges?" the answer is no. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/52.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "crisrich" <crisrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B537C659-D61A-4073-8AD6-E8A56EE0D578@microsoft.com... ...

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

How do I choose a cell colour, without it being tied to the data?
I would like to set up an alternating cell colour scheme to distinguish between each line of data in my table. However, when I do this, and then sort the data after it is updated, the cell colour moves with the data. Is there any way to select the cell background colour permanantly so that it is not tied to the data for when I sort it? Try this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Matt-e-gee" <Matt-e-gee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1D21578-DB7E-483F-AE9F-E64DFB1FEE0B@microsof...

Problems with clicking on email link on a web page
When I click on an email link on a web page I get this message: "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Windows Live Mail is the only email account I have. What should I do? Thank you for your help. It's not interested in Accounts, it is interested in a Mail program installed on your PC. Are you using the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or the Hotmail website? If in doubt, while reading an e-mail message do a Help (ALT+H). In the menu the pops-up, the last item will say "About Microsoft Windows Liv...

How can I delete the apostrophe in the cell
I received the data in Excel that in som cells they put ' (apostrophe) in front of text or number. How can I remove this apostrophe. Mass removing though. Seems that the find/replacing doesn't work. Thanks, Hi Enter 1 in an unused cell, and copy it. Select cells with your data goto Edit > PasteSpecial > Select "Multiply" > Ok Hopes this helps. --- Per "msnews.microsoft.com" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:exH5ymDnJHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I received the data in Excel that in som cells they put ' (ap...

Data link error in Visio Professional
I just installed Visio Pro 2007, as well as the SP1 update. I'm trying out the new feature that links data to the shapes, and I keep getting error messages when I try to link either Excel files or Access files. For Excel, I keep getting the error message "The Microsoft Excel File is currently inaccessible", and for Access files I get the message "Cannot connect to the data source." I've tried to load multiple files of different types (e.g. Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Macro-enabled Excel files) and consistently get the same error. I'm wondering if there is...

How to delete numeric characters in a cell with alpha numeric char
Hi, I have a spreadsheet populated with the following type of data: xyz,"90,500","110,000" xyz2,"33,100","18,100" Its 200 cells and all have a mix of the above characters, it was imported from a system so appears like this. I need to tidy up the data so it removes everything besides the letters i.e. xyz should remain but all the numbers and special characters like " " and , should be removed. Dont think text2columns will work or the =LEN formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

Linking contacts
Is there a way I can link contacts in Outlook 2007 across several users, so any changes made to a contact update in all users contacts?? We use categories at present, but still have to change the contact several times over in each users contacts. When sending a press release, we use the category and maje sure the details are current - we would like a way ideally of creating a master list for press release that updates any changes automatically. Help?? Thanks Emily "Duchessmutts" <Duchessmutts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA32B22-83DB-...

VPC and MS CRM Mobile
Hi, Can I install CRM Mobile 3.0 in a VPC with MSCRM 3.0? It seems it doesn't work... it always looking for my instance of SQL Server but all parameters are valid. Please advise. Is SQL Server installed as a Named Instance or is it the Default Instance? Are you getting any error messages? If so might be helpful -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I install CRM Mobile 3.0 in a VPC with MSCRM 3.0? > > It seems it doesn't work... it always looking for my instance of SQL Server > but all paramet...

Custom Cell Colours
Any idea how to keep a custom colour for a cell in excel. I have a spread sheet whereby I have used a custom pale yellow colour for input cells problem is if someone else opens the spreadsheet it reverts back to the colour it was before. Thanks ...

MS Money for Mac
Hi How do I run MSMoney on the MAC? Thank you On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:45:47 +0100, "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote: >Hi > >How do I run MSMoney on the MAC? > >Thank you > You can't. Unless you install Windows in Parallels. Jim Jim wrote: > On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:45:47 +0100, "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote: > >> Hi >> >> How do I run MSMoney on the MAC? >> >> Thank you >> > > You can't. Unless you install Windows in Parallels. > > Jim Or use Boot Camp, an Apple Utility include...

Converting a PDF file to MS Publisher
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C7B003.9DFC8130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have adobe acrobat version 5.0. I have a PDF file I want to drop into = and manipulate (size) into a publisher file. I am using windows XP. Is = there a way to do this? I think I can convert to a eps or ps file but = don't have much knowledge there. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Rob ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C7B003.9DFC8130 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Con...

Copying and applying formula to range of cells
I have a column of 20 numbers that I would like to multiply by 35 and have it display in the cell to the right of the value being multiplied. Is there an easy was to enter a formula that would do this without having to type the formula for every single one? Thanks for any help! one way. Sub multiplyem() For Each c In Range("a1:a20") c.Offset(, 1) = c * 35 Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mike Rich" <Mike Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77A84FB-D5FC-4219-BBB3-C7C140CF14E6@microsoft.com... > I have a colu...

Linking data
Is there a way to link worksheets together, within one workbook, so that when data (text) is entered into one worksheet-it updates and adds the information to the other 2 worksheets? Example: Joe has a worksheet, Jane has a worksheet, and a Master worksheet are all included in the workbook. Joe makes some text additions to his worksheet and wants to update Jane's and the Master...all at the same time. Is this possible?? Terry ...

Cell Selection after "Enter"
In the Excel applications we build for others it is useful to have the cell selection remain on the cell after the data in it is modified. This is done by unchecking "Move Selection after Enter" on the "Edit" tab of the "Options" dialogue. However, when protecting the worksheet to allow selection of unlocked cells only, the cell selection then ignores the Edit tab setting and moves in the default direction after Enter. If worksheet protection is modified to also allow selection of locked cells, then the cell selection will obey the Edit setting and not ...

Opening links from Outlook in Mozilla Firefox
I have a problem and would appreciate some help. When I open a mail in Outlook and it contains a link to a web page and I wish to follow it, it doesn't do it for me. Instead it opens an error window with "Microsoft Outlook" in the window title, saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I've tried with different settings of Firefow and Outlook, I've tried Help files and internet tutorials, but I can't manage to fix this. The machine in question is a home ...

repeat cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 does not contain "Smith" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 does not contain "Smith" How do I get "Smith" to appear in: B1 thru B52 B459 thru B1071 and nothing in the other cells? Thanks, Hi Gary see you post in Excel.misc Frank ----repost: Hi Gary so you only want to duplicate the "Smith" entries. Try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(A2="Smith",A2,"")) copy down Gary wrote: > A1 contains "Smith" > A53 ...