Linking cells in rows and filling adjacent sheets

Hello,
I hope somebody can help me with this...pretty please!  I am still
learning in Excel and I have no idea how i can do the following...I
think by starting this I have definitely bitten off more than I can
chew:-

Sheet 1 (Master Sheet) - used to input data daily through drop down
boxes
Col 1: Yr
Col 2: Mth
Col 3: Date
Col 4: Truck Rego
Col 5: Arrv Gate time
Col 6: Depart Gate time
Col 7: Load on (numerical)
Col 8: Load off (numerical)
Col 7: Trip (always 1)
Col 8: Formulated for total gate time
Col 9: Formulated for total loads
NB: Each trucks may do as many as 9 or 10 trips each a day.

Firstly I think I need to link the cells within the rows so that the
information under one Truck Rego within that row stays with it.  Next I
need to somehow sort each row of info for that Truck Rego into an
adjacent sheet but under the same date...

For Instance...'ABC 123' and all the info with that trip goes into
Sheet 2 and 'ABC 456' goes to sheet 3 etc, but when it fills the
adjacent sheet can it do so in the one day so that if 'ABC 123' did 9
trips on Monday then on the adjacent sheet under Monday all 9 trips are
included in one.  Only require Col's 1,2,3,4,7,8,9 on adjacent sheets.
I know this is a big ask...but if anyone has a clue...I would really
appreciate it.   Thanx :confused:

--
Cleabutterfly
Cleabutterfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15829

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

Re:Deleting sheets!
How does one delete a sheet. Reply to Seraphis1@aol.com Hi TA! "Live" use Edit > Delete Sheet and then confirm. By VBA? Why not use the Tools > Macro > Record Macro approach to see the code that is generated. Sub Macro1() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete End Sub But that still displays the alert requiring a conformation. If you don't want that you can use: Sub Macro2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.c...

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

Cell Value vs Status Box Value
The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). Any suggestions/ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ awarner1 <<awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in news:awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com: > The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., > status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). > Any suggestions/ideas? What is the number format of the cell? -- My email address has an extra @ (spell ...

How do I add every few cells
How do I add cell B7, B10, B13 (every 3 cells up to 500+)? Note: The other cells such as B6 and B9 have other forumlas and info that is not to be included). I did this manually but the formula has now gotten so long that I get an error saying "formula too long". So I figured, there must be a shorter formula that just adds every 3 (or whatever designated) cells starting with one cell and ending with another. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((MOD(ROW(B7:B500)-1,3)=0)*(B7:B500)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

format cell to allow listing
How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the next cell below- is there any other way besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces? To create a manual line break, use: <Alt> <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "cy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1536c01c3fa2c$66a21870$a501280a@phx.gbl... How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

counting rows depending on 2 selective values
Hi, well, I have lots of data and need to do some statistics on it. For that I need to count the number of rows "H" where a string value "X" is written but only if these rows also have cell which is NOT empty in column "E"... the if stuff drives me crazy (especially as i have a spanish version...) any help appreciated :) -- Acid-Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Acid-Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

Dynamic Linking
I have two excel files that are linked. I am trying to make the lin between the two files dynamic so that people can copy the two file together to any folder on their computer and they will still interac correctly and update off each other. Using the standard linking you have to put in the full address, an when the files are moved the link does not update. It still looks fo the files in the old location. I am trying to automate this, so that people don't have to constantl go back to their link menu and update the links to change the fil location. To summarize: I want the linking to a...

How do I put a chart into a new sheet?
The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to do that?W If you right click the chart (near the outer edge0 there is an option location. "Erica" wrote: > The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new > sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore. Does anyone know how to > do that?W ...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

transfer an excel work sheet to Paint #3
hello, i am writing a computer assignment for university. So we are asked to give anb instruction to how to use the excel. now i would need to know how to copy parts of the excel work book to word or paint so i can show the users where to go to... it's so urgent.... the submission is in an hour!!! i would appreciate your help guys. see ya ...

(v)lookup part of text in cell
Hi. Can anybody solve this problem in excel? I want to lookup a part of a word in cells fa searching for john and get a "responce" like this: Johndoe | yes john,doe | yes doejoHn | yes samual | Johnace | yes pete | I was thinking it could be possible with using wildcards in the vlookup function, but I don' t know how. It would be nice if capitals are ignored. Tia Ted Hi, yes, you can use wildcards with vlookup: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP("*john*",A1,1,0),"","yes") or you can do this: =CHOOSE(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("john",A1...

Row height problems
My default row height is 13.20, but everyone else in my office has a default of 12.75. I cannot even get on the same scale as them, mine goes up and down by .6 and theirs adjusts by .75 Our fonts are the same, and I can't find out where to change this. Just a guess... Do you use the same printer/printer driver? TimLeHew wrote: > > My default row height is 13.20, but everyone else in my office has a default > of 12.75. > I cannot even get on the same scale as them, mine goes up and down by .6 and > theirs > adjusts by .75 > Our fonts are the same, and I can...

Making a Blank Cell
I am displaying monthly data in a simple line chart. When the data in the assoicated cells (say for april onwards) is completely blank (not data or equation in the cell) the line on the chart stops at march (this is the effect i need). However, the data in the cells is not typed in but calculated from other cells. With the presence of the formuae the chart automatically assumes that the value for the month of april onwards is zero even if the cell value has been set by the formuea to equal "", causing the lines to drop to zero. Is there any way set a cell value to 'blank...

enter data in the same column in multiple sheets
"Sial56" <Sial56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C54443-F3BC-4665-A1C0-16E45B76AA93@microsoft.com... >Nothing PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as you cannot POSSIBLY give us all the information you need in such a small space. Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm Select all sheets. Then enter the data. As long as each sheet is IDENTICAL.... ...

saving linked spreadsheet data
I have a spreadsheet called 2003 that has data linked from monthly sheets during 2003. I am looking for a way of saving the spreadsheet with all the monthly data so that all the data will not be lost if any of the month sheets were deleted. In essence I do not want it to have links to other sheets any more but still show the data as if it did. Phew hope this is understood > I have a spreadsheet called 2003 that has data linked from monthly sheets during 2003. I am looking for a way of saving the spreadsheet with all the monthly data so that all the data will not be lost if any of the mont...

Cell shading issue on EXCEL 2003
I'm newly on XP and EXCEL 2003 from an antique computer and old Microsoft versions. I'm unable to view cell shading on the screen even though the "format cells, patterns, cell shading, color" shows that it should be there. It doesn't show for either new spreadsheets or existing ones (which had shading for my input cells in prior EXCEL versions). I've tried everything I can think of.........any suggestions? Is it EXCEL or XP settings? In posting this, I found the answer from Rowan Drummond from the 10/18/2005 posting. Turning off "High Contrast" on...

Links won't break
What a mess! I saved a workbook (old) as another name (new). I then changed the new workbook as necessary, but it seems to think I'm linking to the old workbook. I have used the <edit, link, break links> in the workbook, and it seems to be ok for a moment, and then seems to link back to the old workbook. I have no idea what's going on.... In addition to this problem, the arrow keys are now moving the entire sheet up/down, right/left, instead of moving to a different cell. Can someone explain what I need to do to make the new workbook unrelated to any other workbook And wha...

Copy contents of one cell into another if cell is blank
How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 if D2 is empty Select Cell B2, Edit > Copy, select cell D2, Edit > Paste Special > Values > OK -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "fire9990" wrote: > How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 if D2 is empty Copy/paste manually. Or run a macro. Sub qwert() With ActiveSheet.Range("D2") If .Value = "" Then .Value = Range("B2").Value End If End With End ...

How to return to the previous active sheet after hyperlink?
I have many sheets have hyperlinked into 1 common worksheet. How can I return back to the original sheet after click the hyperlink and navigated to the common work sheet? Thanks for advise! Under view - toolsbars - Web. Note the back/forward buttons. You can either leave the whole toolbar open, or move these buttons to a different toolbar, and then use them to go back to previously active sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E84AFB-F3CF-4D60-8B31-2C0EC10807D0@microsoft.com... >I have many sheet...

range of unique cells
Hi All, If I make a unique list with advanced filter, how can I define the range consisting of the unique cell, e.g. if in Range("A8:A23") cells A8, A9, A11, A15, A16 remained visible after fitering then what is the statement to define a range consisting A8, A9, A11, A15, A16 cells? Range("A8:A23").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, Unique:=True set uniqcells = ??? -- Thanks! Stefi Set uniqcells = Range("A8:A23").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) HTH Bob "Stefi" <Stefi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Pasted Pivot Table looks at old sheet
Hello all i have a quick question about pivot table pasting. i have a workbook where i am copying the sheet and making a new version for the next month. each time i do the pivot table on the new month sheet is looking at the old month sheet. the pivot table is on the same sheet where the data is that it looks at so each time i copy i want the new sheet to be totaly autonomous from the last month sheet. why does the pivot table not update to look at the new sheet? Hi Copying a Pivot Table will just make the PT use the same source data for it's Pivot Cache Right click...

How to stop Outlook from linking to external content?
Is there a way to block external content in email messages, i.e. to not allow Outlook Express to load stuff (like images) that are not actually contained in the HTML formatted email message? One way to do this would of course be to use ASCII text only. But I like HTML formatting, I just don't want to reveal my IP address by letting it load images from external servers. I know how to do this with Mozilla Thunderbird but I can't seem to find a comparable setting in Outlook Express. Thanks for your help. bruce wrote: > Is there a way to block external content in email message...