Linking cells in a worksheet to other worksheets in a workbook

I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so 
that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet 
opens up.  I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a 
listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets).  I'd like to be able 
to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet 
pop open with the contents of the index.

Thanks for your responses!


0
dave871 (680)
6/23/2005 9:39:01 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

4 Replies
496 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

(In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select 
Insert->Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this document" option. Select a 
worksheet (or defined name). Click "OK"

Note: The format of the text in the cell may change (to blue underlined 
text) but you can change the format without affecting the link.

Hope that helps

"Dave" wrote:

> I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so 
> that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet 
> opens up.  I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a 
> listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets).  I'd like to be able 
> to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet 
> pop open with the contents of the index.
> 
> Thanks for your responses!
> 
> 
0
john85374 (2)
6/23/2005 11:32:01 PM
Maybe you could use the =hyperlink() worksheet function.

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)



Dave wrote:
> 
> I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so
> that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet
> opens up.  I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a
> listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets).  I'd like to be able
> to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet
> pop open with the contents of the index.
> 
> Thanks for your responses!

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
6/23/2005 11:42:24 PM
Worked Great!!  Thanks a million.  I was looking at Hyperlink but didn't know 
to go to the "Place in Document" option.

"john85374" wrote:

> (In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select 
> Insert->Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this document" option. Select a 
> worksheet (or defined name). Click "OK"
> 
> Note: The format of the text in the cell may change (to blue underlined 
> text) but you can change the format without affecting the link.
> 
> Hope that helps
> 
> "Dave" wrote:
> 
> > I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so 
> > that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet 
> > opens up.  I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a 
> > listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets).  I'd like to be able 
> > to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet 
> > pop open with the contents of the index.
> > 
> > Thanks for your responses!
> > 
> > 
0
dave871 (680)
6/24/2005 5:17:02 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  It helped.

Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Maybe you could use the =hyperlink() worksheet function.
> 
> David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:
> 
>   =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
>   =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
>   =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)
> 
> 
> 
> Dave wrote:
> > 
> > I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so
> > that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet
> > opens up.  I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a
> > listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets).  I'd like to be able
> > to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet
> > pop open with the contents of the index.
> > 
> > Thanks for your responses!
> 
> -- 
> 
> Dave Peterson
> 
0
dave871 (680)
6/24/2005 5:18:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: