Linking cells 01-22-10

My excel skills are lackluster at best, but I am trying to link specific
cells in 2 different spreadsheets and could use some help.

What I would like to do is automatically update a column in one file when I
enter info in another column in the other file.

Basically I need the date to update automatically to show the last pick up
date for specific suppliers.... for example, if we pick up from XYZ company
on Jan 1, I need that date linked to that client, and then we pick up again
from XYZ company on Jan 21, I need the date updated to Jan 21 on the second
file.

Hope this make some reasonable sense and thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Terry I have just put up 2 files for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

They are both under number 47 towards the top of my home page.

The 2 files are called avinity1.xlsx and avinity2.xlsx (both EXCEL 2007
files).

Bring both files up on the screen in front of you at the same time (you need
to be able to see both files simultaneously).

If you change the data in avinity1.xls you will see it copy across
automatically to avinity2.xlsx.

All you need to do is to adapt this to your own situation.

Thank you.

"Terry5280" wrote:

> My excel skills are lackluster at best, but I am trying to link specific
> cells in 2 different spreadsheets and could use some help.
>
> What I would like to do is automatically update a column in one file when I
> enter info in another column in the other file.
>
> Basically I need the date to update automatically to show the last pick up
> date for specific suppliers.... for example, if we pick up from XYZ company
> on Jan 1, I need that date linked to that client, and then we pick up again
> from XYZ company on Jan 21, I need the date updated to Jan 21 on the second
> file.
>
> Hope this make some reasonable sense and thanks in advance for any help!

Prevent clicking on a cell

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

if cell is text move left one column

Table link documentation

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Outlook 2003

Automatic changes in cells

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Sorting Cells by Colors

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...

Hyperlinks #10
Is there a way in excel to turn off the hyperlink feature for an entire column of data? I have a column of email addresses, and I don't want any of them to be an active hyperlink. I can remove the hyperlink individually, but have not been able to find a way to do it for the entire column of data. Thanks! Candace A small macro will remove any existing hyperlinks. Sub Delete_HLinks() For Each cel In Selection cel.Hyperlinks.Delete Next cel End Sub To prevent future hyperlinks for the entire sheet go to Tools>Autocorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Un-select &q...