Linked excel template to excel database

I have created an excel template (form) that is linked to
an excel database.  I would like to add a couple of macros
to the form (Save record to database and continue) and one
(Save record and exit).  When I try to create the macro
with the RECORD MACRO, it does not record the dialog box
that pops which asked you if you want to create a new
recorded in the database. There is no need to save each
individual record just the database.  I am trying to make
it an easy step for those entering the data so all they
have to do is hit the macro and not worry about not saving
the template (which we do not want saved multiple times as
an excel file).  Please advise how I might get this
information or who I might be able to call.

thank you for your assistance.  I have tried everything I
can think of.  I'm not real familiar with Macros
Susan Enman
BIODESIGN International
207-283-6500 ext 131
senman@biodesign.com

0
senman (2)

Hi
maybe the following is what you're looking for:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

senman@biodesign.com wrote:
> I have created an excel template (form) that is linked to
> an excel database.  I would like to add a couple of macros
> to the form (Save record to database and continue) and one
> (Save record and exit).  When I try to create the macro
> with the RECORD MACRO, it does not record the dialog box
> that pops which asked you if you want to create a new
> recorded in the database. There is no need to save each
> individual record just the database.  I am trying to make
> it an easy step for those entering the data so all they
> have to do is hit the macro and not worry about not saving
> the template (which we do not want saved multiple times as
> an excel file).  Please advise how I might get this
> information or who I might be able to call.
>
> thank you for your assistance.  I have tried everything I
> can think of.  I'm not real familiar with Macros
> Susan Enman
> BIODESIGN International
> 207-283-6500 ext 131
> senman@biodesign.comHi
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

Excel Adding years or months to a date
I want to be able to add months or years to a date. For example 25/4/05 + 9 months 25/4/05 + 15 years. I am using Excel 2000. The standard way is: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+9,DAY(A1)) to add 9 months. For 15 years try: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+15,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Joan" wrote: > I want to be able to add months or years to a date. > > For example 25/4/05 + 9 months > 25/4/05 + 15 years. > > I am using Excel 2000. On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:54:03 -0700, "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to be able to a...

Excel working in with Outlook
I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry, record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare. Is ther...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Linking Headers & Footers
Is it possible to link Headers and footers to a cell within a work book Probably really easy but I can't see how to do it. Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you are ready to use VBA it is. Here is an example Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("A1").Value End With End Sub This goes in the TisWorkbook code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripp...

excel export available
I have a query that I wish to export the results to Excel. However, the Excel button on the Export Data tab is grayed out? It used to work. Any ideas of what makes the Excel Export unavailable? Thanks, Mike ...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

Import contacts from Excel
I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand type each email? thanks "angie" <angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64042F86-62E0-4D42-B9CE-49C134DB4B7B@microsoft.com... >I have numerous contact lists with various categories and wondered if i can > import them into an email distribution list so that i do not need to hand > type each email? You can't import into a DL. Instead import into your Contacts and assign categories to ...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

Excel is not counting
merry x'mas In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same number instead counting. How to change so as to count? -- Life isa journey not a destination Do the same while holding the CTRL Pressed. Micky "Sherees" wrote: > merry x'mas > In excel 2003, i entered a number in a column and dragged down the rows to > count the consecutive numbers automatically, but it was just copying the same > number instead counting. How to change so as to...

Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.
I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a download link to the database I am working on. http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a ...

Random Sampling in Microsoft Excell 2002
Hi, I'm trying to create a random sample using the Data Analysis tool in Excell. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to make a non-repeating sample. I want all the observations in the sample to be unique. How do I do this without manually deleting the repeat entries on the output worksheet? next to the entries, put in the formula =Rand() then drag fill down the column. Sort the data and this column with this column as the key. Then take the top "n" items. Regards, Tom Ogilvy "EJ Ford" <edseljoe@earthlink.net> wrote in mess...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Excel Formulae #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Authentication Error after restoring SQL databases
Our CRM Development Team messed up our dev server and asked our SQL dba to restore a two day old SQL backup of the MSCRM and METABASE databases. After the restore, the CRM app. is unaccessible through the browser ( Authentication Error. Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. ) Using the Deployment Manager only the License Manager information are visible and neither Server Manager nor User Manager. It seems like the applicat...

Add a Word Document as a Tab in an Excel Document
I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing. Maybe... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5224,00.asp "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really" PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F814119-2FA1-4BA6-92EB-C524C8C3820C@microsoft.com... > I work on s...

running excel in background
I'd like to run a program that writes values from one cell to another with a VBA program that is triggered by the clock. I've completed this part but, since I use active cells, you can't run another workbook without the clock activating the cell in the active worksheet. It needs to run in the background all day long. - ideas? will it run in the background if I don't activate cells? Try launching another instance of Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Don" <thedonallen@yahoo.com&g...

how do why update my Excel microsoft office
how do why update my Excel microsoft office If you have office 5, you probably would want to update -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D951DBF-43DE-4C65-8CAC-B4E73DC572FD@microsoft.com... > how do why update my Excel microsoft office ...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

No Smart Tag help: just a blank "MS Excel Help" window
When I invoke "help on this error" on a Smart Tag drop-down, a blank "MS Excel Help" window appears with no content. The general help pane that appears via <F1> etc. is fine - it's just the Smart Tag help option that doesn't show anything, just a blank window. Any suggestions? Win XP Home SP2 Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

Changes to the global template
Recently I had to start a new username because of some corrupted files. I was able to save my documents. However, everytime that I quit microsoft office a dialogue box appears and says: "Word cannot save changes to the global template because it was opened with read only access. Do you want to save the changes in a template with a different name?" Initially I tried to save it, because I was afraid that the changes to my document would not be saved. Now I click save, and the next dialogue box appears: "Microsoft Visual Basic" "Run-Time errror "5995" Word c...