Linked Cell Zero Value

I have two Excel files with linked cells.
When I enter data in file one, save and close it. I then
open the file two. In the linked cells that have a null
value in file one now show as a zero value in this second
file.

Can anyone tell me how to format the cells of file two so
they have a null value, as the cells they are linked to in
file one?

Regards
Nick

0
anonymous (74722)

One way for a cleaner look is to
suppress zero values from showing in the sheet via:

Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK

--
Rgds
Max

"Nick" wrote:

>I have two Excel files with linked cells.
>When I enter data in file one, save and close it. I then
>open the file two. In the linked cells that have a null
>value in file one now show as a zero value in this second
>file.
>
>Can anyone tell me how to format the cells of file two so
>they have a null value, as the cells they are linked to
in
>file one?
>
>Regards
>Nick
0
demechanik (4694)
4/27/2004 4:46:16 AM
To easy

Thanks very muck
Nick

0
anonymous (74722)
4/27/2004 4:57:08 AM
Pleasure, Nick!
--
Rgds
Max
Please respond, in newsgroup
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
---
"Nick" wrote
> To easy
>
> Thanks very muck
> Nick

0
demechanik (4694)

Recall button showing under transaction but Zero Items on hold
Hello, about a week ago I noticed that under transactions for every user its showing the recall button. the issue is there are no items on hold. is there a way to reset this so the hold option comes back up. I tried adding a new user and they see the recall button too, so its like the system thinks there items on hold but on the recall screen there are 0 items. Thanks for any help on this. BUMP This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C85E08.0A247590 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00CA_01C85E08.0A247590" -...

Trendline values #2
I used the function "LOGEST" to get an exponential fit of a series of numbers, which gives me a value of 1.0610. I also used "RSQ" function to get the R-square, which is 0.9442. Then I made a chart based on the same series of numbers and add trendline to the curve. I selected "Exponential" under "Type" and checked "Display equation on chart" and "Display R-Squared value on chart". The value shown on the chart is "y=3928.8e^0.0592x" and "R^2=0.9104". I expected to see "y=3928.8e^0.0610x" and "R^...

Opening Links from Outlook 2007
Some time ago, opening a link from an email message in OL2007 stopped working. What will work is if IE8 is closed, then the first link will open IE and the correct link. Any clicks on other links does nothing. Any ideas. P.S. It all works fine in Mozilla. Is firefox the default browser? Go into IE's Tools, Folder options and reset web settings - confirm its working then set FF as default, if desired. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: d...

Counting occurences of codes in cells
I have a spreadsheet with various codes separated by periods, in a single cell. Like: C T C,R T,C,R R and so forth. It's easy to count the single codes but how do I cound the "C" when it's with another character? There must be a simple way, without writing code, to do this. Is there? Thanks! maybe... =countif(a1:a10,"*" & "c" & "*") or =countif(a1:a10,"*c*") or if x99 contained the letter c. =countif(a1:a10,"*" & x99 & "*") salgud wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with various codes separa...

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Values in the Legend?
Is there a way to show values in the legend - behind the series text? Thanks, Phil Do you want to show just a single value? You can either build a lengthier label (like =A1&B1), and use this as the new series name, or you can select multiple cells for the name, and Excel puts them together with a space between. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > Is there a way to show values in the legend - behind the series text? > Thanks, Phil ...

#VALUE! error
I'm sorry but I added to this formula and it started with the #VALUE! again. The error goes away once I enter data. It's just so tacky looking seeing all these error messages. Please help! =IF(OR(B3="",D3="",B3>D3),"",'Tank Sizes'!$F$15)*(2/98)*F3/D3 You have your closing parenthesis for the IF function right after the "$F$15 reference which means the division by D3 is not controlled by the IF function's testing for D3="". I think moving the parenthesis to the end of the calculation will yield the result you want... =IF(O...

Conditional Cell Category
Is it possible to make a cell's category conditional on the value in another cell? I would like to have a cell display its value as a currency if the cell before it says "Monthly", and as a percentage if the cell before it says "Annual". I am working in Excel 2003. Thank you, Trey ~ On 29 June, 15:39, one third <g...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make a cell's category conditional on the value in > another cell? > > I would like to have a cell display its value as a currency if the > cell before it says "Monthly", and as ...

Only Display records before and after a change in teh value of a f
I have a table that looks like the following RUNID | DATETIME | PROCESS 0001 1/1/09 1201 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1202 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1203 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1204 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1205 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1206 Body 0001 1/1/09 1207 Body 0001 1/1/09 1208 Body 0001 1/1/09 1209 Body 0001 1/1/09 1210 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1211 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1212 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1213 Neck 0001 1/1/09 1214 Body 0001 1/1/09 1215 Body 0001 ...

How to change cell data from all upper to title case
I need to change several columns of data from all upper case to Title Case. What formula should I use & How can I apply the formula to the data in each cell? Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case, and can be copied from cell to cell to apply the formula to your data. Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case and you can copy it to a range of cells to apply it to your data. You have other answers showing the use of the PROPER Function to act upon one cell at a time. If you want to change many cells at once you will need a mac...

How to see if different workbooks are linked?
How can someone determine if two workbooks are linked? I can see it is I find the cell, but is there a way to see it at a glance? Thanks, Tracy Hi Tracy You can use Edit>Links in the menubar(not in all excel versions) If it is gray there are no links -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Tracy@Saunatec" <Tracy@Saunatec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50853AE6-A43E-49B2-9E7B-C3C5ECF4C5A7@microsoft.com... > How can someone determine if two workbooks are linked? I can see it is I find > the cell, but is there a way to see it at a glan...

Link Error #2
I was able to use CL.exe to compile and link .cpp or .c file in a command line. But all in a sudden, I can not do this any more, as I always got such an error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' I didn't do complicated compiling. e.g. I even tested with the "hello word" thing. cl hello.c where hello.c is just this: #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello world!\n"); } But again, this LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' happens too! It seems something wrong with the path that CL....

Min and Max values for different salespeople?
Hi there, I am trying to find the minimum and maximum sales for each salesperson. I can not sort by salesperson -- I must sort by sales date. How do I do this? 1/2/1999 Bob $7 1/5/1999 Rick $20 1/7/1999 Sue $75 1/10/1999 Bob $5 1/15/1999 Sue $3 1/27/1999 Rick $53 So, I need to know Bob's minimum sale was $5, and his maximum sale was $7. I know how to use the MIN and MAX functions, but how do I tie in the sales person name? Assume your salesperson names are in column B and their corresponding sale amount is in column C: =MAX(IF(B1:B10="Bob&...

How do you statically link mfc42loc.dll?
I have an MFC app written in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. It's localized, so I need to include mfc42loc.dll for the build of each language. (Mfc42loc.dll will override mfc42.dll and cause microsoft-written MFC dialogs to appear in that language.) I definitely do not want to use MFC in a shared DLL. I want to use MFC as a static library. I have mfc42loc.dll for each language. How can I make the language-appropriate mfc42loc.lib statically link into my app? Do I need to build the .lib file myself? How do I do that? Thanks. Most likely you do not. Static linking is already a bad ide...

determining macro status in a cell
Hi Is there a way to determine the status of macros (enabled or disabled within a cell formula? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "newengland >" <<newengland.11d8au@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:newengland.11d8au@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi > > Is there a way to determine the status of macros (enabled or disabled) > within a cell formula? > > > Thanks > > > --...

line spacing in cell
I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. I've looked under cell format Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! Regards, Stefi „dlh” ezt írta: > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. > I've looked under cell format Thanks so much. Works great!! "Stefi" wrote: > Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! > > Regards, > Stefi > > „dlh” ezt írta: > > > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. &...

Adding an Active X control to a cell
I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it fits over the top of the cell seems to be a rather inaccurate method of doing it. Hold down alt while you place it in the cell and it will fit the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick" <rstenson@qualnetics.com> wrote in message news:317AA5B4-7970-45B2-8497-556670E48018@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it f...

Don't chart X-axis without values.
On a line chart I am plotting two individual columns and then SUM(ming) these two for a total. Future dates of the individual columns have no data BUT the formula for SUM(ming) the two results in zero (0) which is plotted on my chart. I've tried a number of approches to the formula, blank (""), and Null (which results in a string and causes an error. How can I leave my formula in the future dates and not effect my chart. Obviously, with moving from 300k to zero in one week is scary. Thanks, Hank Hank - Excel can't return a NULL or BLANK from a function (not t...

formulas when there may/may not be a value
What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: ITEM QTY SOLD T0887 50 1 T0887 100 T0887 200 2 T0992 50 3 T0992 100 To get: # of sold items for each item? -- Nicki Taylor =SUMIF(A:A,"T0887",C:C) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NTaylor" <NTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E22EEF1-44E5-4C5B-AFBD-B8053172702F@microsoft.com... > What formula do you use when there may not be a value there? Like: > > ITEM QTY SOLD > T0887 50...

Colouring cell if it has a specific date
Hi, I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell fills with red colour. I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to say 15 days past end of the month? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much! Shivam Hi there Assuming 2007 If column A is January. I don't know where you have your reference date i.e. las...

Get Dictionary value
Hello, I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value using: String value = config["key"].ToString(); Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. But that's just me .... Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value > using: > > String value = config["key"].ToString(); > > Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. > > But that's just me .... Probably. But, if you r...

Field whose value increments automatically
Is it possible to create a field which automatically increments by 1 every time I open the worksheet? Thanks... Only with code. Use the Workbook_Open event procedure to increment a value in a cell. For example, put the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") .Value = .Value + 1 End With End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Quinnboy" <Quinnboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Timestamp cell to left after update
For every row when cell C<whatever> is updated I need coresponding cell D<whatever> to update with a date time stamp until such a time that particular cell C is updated again. Been all over the place looking at macros worksheet functions etc. and nothing quite matches what I need. Currently I am using Ctrl-Shift-; followed by Ctrl-; to quickly enter this, but there has to be a way where I do not have to enter it all. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tahlmorrah" <Tahlmorrah@discus...

preserving cell formatting inside a CONCATENATEd string
Hi to All, I have formatted cell C5 as follows: ##"F1" I entered the number 1712 cell C5, which gives the desired result 1712F1 Now I want to CONCATENATE(C5,xx,xx,xx) to give result 1712F1 xx xx xx but what I get is 1712 xx xx xx Note that the formatting of cell C5 is variable and will change, for example from ##"F1" to ##"P1", ##"F2" or to something else. In each case I want the CONCATENATED string to correspond to the present format of cell C5, for example 1712F2 xx xx xx How can I achieve this variable format in my CONCATENATED string to automat...

Move one cell to another
I need to copy the content of one cell to another when a different cell is greater than 239. Example: if N20 is greater than R20(value 239) then copy the content of B20 to S20. OR A method to delete all records that have a value less than 240 in column N. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike -- Mike Formula in S20: =IF(N20>R20,B20,"") best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219BB2BA-6CEF-4E74-AB00-DCFCEB84BAED@micro...