Linked Cell Property In Activex controls

Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used,
linking, as an example,  an option button to a specific cell? Say if I wanted
"1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked
0
KG (96)

KG,

The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell.  You can get 1 or
0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators.
= --A1

--
Earl Kiosterud

"KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used,
> linking, as an example,  an option button to a specific cell? Say if I
> wanted
> "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/25/2005 4:25:38 AM
when I try double-negation, the linked cell property turns blank

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> KG,
>
> The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell.  You can get 1 or
> 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators.
> = --A1
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used,
> > linking, as an example,  an option button to a specific cell? Say if I
> > wanted
> > "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked

0
KG (96)
2/25/2005 2:57:05 PM
KG,

I don't understand what you're saying.  The Linked Cell property is where
you put a cell address, and won't change unless you change it.  If it's set
to A1, then A1 will have TRUE or FALSE depending on that button state.
Another cell, let's say B1 for this situation, would have the   = -- A1, and
would reflect 0 or 1 depending on the TRUE or FALSE in A1.

--

> when I try double-negation, the linked cell property turns blank
>
> "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
>
>> KG,
>>
>> The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell.  You can get 1
>> or
>> 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators.
>> = --A1
>>
>> --
>> Earl Kiosterud
>> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>>
>> "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be
>> > used,
>> > linking, as an example,  an option button to a specific cell? Say if I
>> > wanted
>> > "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is
>> > clicked

0
nothanks4548 (968)
2/26/2005 3:15:50 PM
I misunderstood you the first time but I got it now. Thanks for your patience

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

> KG,
>
> I don't understand what you're saying.  The Linked Cell property is where
> you put a cell address, and won't change unless you change it.  If it's set
> to A1, then A1 will have TRUE or FALSE depending on that button state.
> Another cell, let's say B1 for this situation, would have the   = -- A1, and
> would reflect 0 or 1 depending on the TRUE or FALSE in A1.
>
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
>
> "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when I try double-negation, the linked cell property turns blank
> >
> > "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
> >
> >> KG,
> >>
> >> The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell.  You can get 1
> >> or
> >> 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators.
> >> = --A1
> >>
> >> --
> >> Earl Kiosterud
> >> mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
KG (96)

Easy Control question..
I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a member variable, such that i can the control value (eg a CEdit), and the linked member variable will change. How do i do the reverse? That is, at runtime i want to change the control. Say I have a CEdit with a member variable m_CEditVal. If I go m_CEditVal = "sdfsd", the CEdit does not update. How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157275706.966396.172990@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a...

filter form on value from linked table
Is it possible to filter a form (based on table A) on a value in a table B where the tables are linked? Table A ID lastname firstname companyid ... Table B companyid companyname ... I would like to filter the form records (Table A) by using as input the company name (or part of it) from a textbox. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200704/1 Sorry for this but I forgot I would like to use like frm.Filter = as I already use it to filter the form based on values from another txtbox on the lastname -- Message poste...

Creating Control with multiple comboboxes
Hello, I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, Shaun Shaun wrote: > > Hello, > > I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which > contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does > anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right > direction. > > Thanks, > Shaun The wizard sets up a skeleton ActiveX control project...

link Access workbook to Excel workbook
Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? Hello, In Access, clic on File menu, External data, link tables and follow each step. You'll have to define first row as heading label and that's it. regards "Toinett" wrote: > Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? ...

Forms: can a cell itself be clickable?
Hi! I'm trying to create a form for my boss. I'm using the forms toolbar, but what it does is throw in a check box for instance, but if I change the cell in any way, the "picture" of the click box stays where it's at. Any way to change this? In other words, I don't want to the click box to be a picture, I want it to be an integral part of the cell, so I can modify it as needed (ie. place it centrered horizontally or vertically etc. Am I dreaming in colour? Thanks! Carmen I've seen a macro that will insert a checkmark when you select the cell, but I&#...

Query: Link data between worksheets?
I'm trying to find a shortcut to save me some time. This is the problem: I'm setting up a master worksheet, and 30 to 40 "slave" worksheets tha need to run off it (all within the same workbook). The slave worksheet all retrieve data from the master. The data is setup to run across i rows (i.e. Row 1 contains 1 record). Each record has an individua identification number entered in column A. Is there a way that I can tell the slave sheets to copy an entire row based purely on the identification number entered in column A? Thanks in advance if anyone can help, as this could ...

Pictures in Excel cells
Dear friends I want to create a book with personal descriptions, including pictures. But how can I get a picture in an Excel cell? I thought that =HYPERLINK("file.jpg") would be the thing, but the pictures are not retrieved when I combine the Excel sheet to the final Word file. Please help. -- Jos´┐Ż Do you object if ... Alt > i > p > f and select the picture what you want to import. HTH -- MRT "Jose" <jose@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:e4nsg59mm09cuqgr2etqtm06jm87idk343@4ax.com... > Dear friends > > I want to create...

How to lock cell
Hi, How to lock a particular cell without locking the whole work sheet Pls help me. -- Moideen Moideen;1599749 Wrote: > Hi, > > How to lock a particular cell without locking the whole work sheet > > Pls help me. Do you mean have one particular cell that cannot be updated/altered but the rest can? Or do you mean have a locked cell but without protecting the work sheet? -- Spencer101 By default all cells on a sheet are locked when the sheet is protected. Select all cells(CTRL + a...........twice in Excel 2003) then go to format>cells>protection and unlo...

Header and cell referencing
My issue is this: I have 6 sheets. The first sheet contains the clients information. I want to take the last name of the client from the first sheet and have it appear in the header of every sheet after it. How do I create a cell reference inside a header? David David Sub Path_All_Sheets() Set wkbktodo = ActiveWorkbook For Each ws In wkbktodo.Worksheets ws.PageSetup.RightHeader = Sheets("Clients").Range("A1").Text Next End Sub Assumes client's name is in A1 Note: you can do the same thing by right-click on first sheet tab and "select all ...

cell content into a note
hey guys, just curious if this can be achieved or how it can be achieved say i have this Column A Row 1 = Short Description Column B Row 1 = Long descriptoin B2:B10 = are all the short descriptions B2:B10 = are all the long descriptions is there a way to just put the comment into the short description cells from the long description cells via a note and then hide the long description column? can anyone advise as to how this can be achieved? cheers Don't multipost. You could add Comments to the column A cells with the text from Column B cells and have Column B hidden. Sub Comment...

Cell Number Format
Hi, when i type for example this any number with more than 15 digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the rest of them are changed by zeros. EX: i write this 123456789123456789 and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000 Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it. Thanks, Ricardo As you can verify in XL Help ("Specifications"), XL is limited to 15 decimal digits of precision for numbers. If you're entering, say, a credit card number, which doesn't require any math to be performed on it, you can preformat the cell as Text or prefix ...

Move to match cells
My spreadsheet looks like this: A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 00...

Links on my website don't work
With IE 8 my links *to go from one page to a different page* on my website do not show up however the website works just fine in chrome, firefox and earlier versions of IE. Any clues how to fix this? IF you need the website it is www.kfoxweatherfox.com. On the left hand side should be a whole list of pages to go to such as knowledge, photos etc. Date: 4/3/2010 10:20 AM, Author: kfoxweatherfox Wrote: > With IE 8 my links *to go from one page to a different page* on my website do > not show up however the website works just fine in chrome, firefox and > earlier ve...

Nonadjacent Cell Text Overflow
Is there a way to merge nonadjacent cells for text overflow. What I' trying to do is have text entered into a row of merged cells(e.g. Row A1:F1) but if the text is more than the cells can contain to overflo into another nonadjacent row of merged cells(Row3 A1:F1). Thanks fo any help with this -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27498 ...

Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...
If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit format for the phone/fax numbers? The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and are hard to read. Currently using a formula like this: =A3&" Phone: "&B3&" Fax: "&C3 I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer here. Thank you in advance! One way: =A3 & TEXT(B3,""" Phone:...

Two cells divided into next cell
Hope this makes sense. I have F column that totals down to F16. Then I have a total on D16. I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16. Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G and J. So G16 is blank. Is this possible to do and If so how. I don't even know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time I Insert the Amts in the cells. Please help In G16: =D16/F16 "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C49FCC-273A-425B-9EEF-DCF2109A0DD9@microsoft.com... > > ...

Macro to copy cell down
I want to create a macro that will copy the cell above to the active cell. OR the built-in key that will do that tenbob@optonline.net Bob A few seconds with the macro recorder set to "Relative Reference" gave me this. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/3/2003 by Gord Dibben ' ' Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 04:26:28 GMT, Bob K. <tenbob@optonline.net> wrote: >I want to create a mac...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

get data form cells sequentially
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet i am creating which is giving me some amount o hassle!!! I'm sure it is possible to do this but i just cant figure ou how:- I have one worksheet which has many copies of the same table, eac table is consistantly ontop of the other i.e. first table uses cells A - G10 (a rectangle of cells). The dates i am trying to use are in a pattern of a nine row seperatio i.e. first date is in cell G2, next one is G11, next one G20, and s on. I need to find out how i can make a formula which i could copy whic would grab the date out of these cells in sequence for pl...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Insert string into a Cell ?
Hi, How do I insert string into a cell ? Dim myString As string myString = "abcd" shp.CellsSRC(visSectionProp, visRowProp, visCustPropsValue) = myString 'This will yield with type mismatch error. Thanks. Hello m, You've got a reference to the cell but not the property of the cell object. So if you want to set the cell's formula you need to use that property. Also, as you're adding a string you need to wrap it up in quotes (note two double quotes in a row get evaluated as a single set of quotes). Have a go with the following: shp.CellsSRC(visSectionProp, ...

Dividing a cell in Excel 2000
I am embarrassed to ask, but here goes. About a year ago some of you on this forum explained how I can divide a cell without creating a whole new row. I can't remember how I did it. With a diagonal line? A horizontal line? A vertical line? Doesn't really matter; I just want to enter a number on each side of the divide. Much appreciation, Lois You can always find previous posts in the archives. Just enter your name or email address in the author field at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* to see your posts and any replies. You might take ...

Edit control
Hi, I have a dialog window to display as modal, in the dialog , there is a edit control, the focus is in edit control, I want to catch the enter key when user press enter in edit control, but the dialog close when I press enter key(I donot want to close the dialog). How can I catch the enter pressed message in dialog? Thanks Jessie Hi Jassie, Note that any time you press enter and if the focus is in an edit ctrl the CDialog::OnOk() func will be called. If you override CYourDlg::OnOk, it means that this func will be called, and, of course, it contains the call of CDialog::OnOk. Hence, y...

Linking Word And Excel
I am trying to link several fields in Excel to a Word Doc. I'm linking the fields using Ctrl-Paste as Hyperlink. The linking works fine. However, when I try to save the files in different folders or move the files, all the links are lost. This makes it very hard to replicate the linking for my 6 analysts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brady -- **************************************************************************** Brady T. Finney Atlantic Management Company, Inc. Orchard Park - Suite A12 875 Greenland Road Portsmouth, NH 03801 603-436-8009 (Office) 617-413-4554 (Mobil...

How to quote cells when "IF" word is involved
On Sheet1, I have a data set (C1:C100) based on the input of cell A1. When A1 has various method choices,say,"method 1","method 2","method 3", each cell in the data set will have a new value accordingly. (=IF(A1="method 1",formula1,IF(A1="method 2",formula2,formula3)) I want to quote those three data sets on Sheet2. A lousy way is I could just duplicate Sheet1, set A1 to different value and quote data sets from different sheets. Is it possible to quote three data sets simultaneously from Sheet1? Thanks, Ming Perhaps use a 2 variable data t...