Link Worksheets

I want the user to select which worksheet to work on..i have a total of
39 worksheets in the workbook.I dont want the user to be able to use
tabs found at bottom of worksheet.
This sheet is kinda front sheet..
For instance if user wants to go to 39 sheet..
IS it possible to select it from a combo box list and then jump to that
work sheets..
I hav 13 wards wit 3 option breakfast,lunch ,tea....13 *3 = sheets
Anyway you can select one of 13 wards from combo box and then select
one of three options and then jump to that worksheet..

Closest thing is having a hyperlink on worksheet that links to another
worksheet..except i dont want 39 worksheets

--
DenisN
DenisN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28767

linking data #2
I know how to copy data from one Excel file and do a Paste Special, Paste as Link onto another file. That works fine but the updated data flows in one way only. Is there a way of linking two Excel files so that you have the same data on each one, but they are linked so that updating data in one file will automatically be shown in the second file, and this will happen no matter which of the files is updated? I don't see anything in Excel that would allow this. Stephen, You can do the tow way flow, but it is a BAD idea. Better is to use one workbook, with one worksheet as your...

e-mail link to website failure
I have a problem in as much that I am unable to activate website links from within received e-mails. I had no such problem when I was using the anti-virus program AVG 7.5, but since I upgraded to the AVG 8.0 version this problem has arisen. AVG 8.0 has not only anti-virus facilities, but also a firewall, safe site scanning etc. I am using Microsoft Outlook as my e-mail client and Mozilla Firefox as my web browser and running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 on a Compac Presario 2500 laptop. I have presented this problem to Support at AVG and received a reply with a number of steps to test th...

SORTING BETWEEN WORKSHEETS
I HAVE THREE COLUMN ON SHEET1 NAMED AND LOOK LIKE THE BELOW: A1 B1 C1 NAME START END A 9 AM 5 PM B C 6 AM 12 PM D 3 PM 9 PM E 1 PM 8 PM IN WORKSHEET2 IN THE SAME WORKBOOK, I WANT IT AUTO LOOK OR AUTO SORT ACCORDING THE START TIME AND LEAVE OUT NAME WITHOUT START OR END TIME, LOOK LIKE THIS: A1 B1 C1 NAME START END C 6 AM 12 PM A 9 AM 5 PM E 1 PM 8 PM D 3 PM 9 PM WHAT IF STATEME...

Viewing worksheet tabs
I would like to be able to view worksheet tabs in multiple lines like in some of the tool bar menus. That way one can view more sheets at the same time instead of scrolling back and forth across the tabs all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Saving a worksheet #2
My problem is that when I save a worksheet, the file name I've typed in is automatically converted to a single letter. For example, 'worklog.xls' is converted to 'w.xls'. I don't know why this is happening or what to do to prevent it from happening. I've got Excel '97, and I've made sure I am saving it as an 'Excel '97' document. Pleeeze help! Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threa...

Alphabetizing Excel Worksheet Tabs
Is is there a fast/easy way to alphabetize Excel worksheet tabs without clicking, dragging, and dropping? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:29:33 -0700, "denilynn" <ladenlyng@aol.com> wrote: >Is is there a fast/easy way to alphabetize Excel work...

M04 Experian link broken
Has anyone else noticed that if to try to update the allers/credit score you get the following error. "error in MS Money web service" You can then no longer sign-in to experian through Money. I know this used to be broken in 05, so maybe experian changed the site address on thier end and MS can't be bothered updating Money 04. Can anyone confirm that this feature is working in any other vintage of Money besides 04? David ...

Rename the worksheet
Hey all, Is it possible to rename the worksheet, with using the keyboard?? but not the mouse-rename procedure. Thanks. -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502193 See your post in excel, please do not post to more than one group -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on...

link a txtbox with a query
Hi guys, I am working in an Access Project and I want to connect one textbox I have in the form with the criteria in the query (View) for the row source for a combo box in the same form, what I want is for reduce the amount of records shown in the combo box. I typed this lines in the criteria of the fieldcategory in the query, = [forms]![frmPopAddProductOrRecipe]![txtCategory] but it doesn't recognize it. Hi Orlando The combo box needs to be requeried whenever your text box is changed. Use the After Update event of your text box like... Private Sub txtCategory_AfterUpdate() ...

How to add "Add existing..." button link in custom entity form?
Hi, I created a custom entity called ClassSchedule which has a parental, 1-Many relationship with Contact. Now, when I add new ClassSchedule, in the form, and click the Contact link, I want to have a button "Add Existing Contact" instead of just adding new contact in my ClassSchedule. Please advise on how to go about it. Thanks! ...

Linked Server Hanging
Hi, I'm having a problem with an Oracle linked server that I'm attempting to connect to from SQL Server 2008 (64-bit Windows 2008). When attempting to use the linked server or even right-click it in SSMS and select 'Test Connection', SQL Server hangs completely and it requires a restart of the physical server that SQL Server is hosted on to bring it back. Some strange things though: A linked server to the same Oracle database with the same connection details and attributes works correctly through a Java application interface (using JDBC). A linked server to the...

Proper(text) function on entire worksheet?
Hi, I've acquired a huge Excel (2002) file which I'd like to use in a mailmerge but unfortunately all text entered previously is in uppercase. I've found the function Proper() which corrects uppercase to first letter as a capital then the rest as lowercase, but.... it appears that it can only be used to convert individual cells into a new/adjacent cell (i.e not simply convert the existing cell. Can anyone help me overcome this problem please? Cheers Bill Bill You could use this code and then select the data you wish to convert. You should be aware that Proper does have som...

Worksheet 303 MPQ Update @ HQ
I would liek the ability to have Worksheet 303 update the MPQ @ HQ in addition to the store MPQ value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c349b728-4215-4526-...

Easy way to create a bunch of worksheets and name them
Let's say I have a workbook and want to create 60 or so worksheets. But I don't want to go in a name them after I create them. What if I had a list of names...like in a column. Then I wanted to run a macro that would create a worksheet for each name in the list and name it. What would the code look like? Frank it might look something like this: Sub InsertSheets() Dim Cell As Range Dim NewSheet As Worksheet For Each Cell In Range("A1:A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row) Set NewSheet = _ Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets(Worksheets.Count)) NewSheet.Name =...

Link contact to multiple accounts
In MSCRM a contact can have only one account. How can I link contact to multiple accounts ? I have a contact person who is 1. VP of Eng of company A 2. Board of director of company B 3. Board of director of company C How do I store this information ? How do I customize ? Do I create a relation ? Any thoughts ? Arch. You could use the Powerrelate feature of Powertrak Core from Axonom, Inc. This is an ISV MS CRM add-on that does exactly that, and more. See www.axonom.com Peter "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405101222.52422bb@posting.google.c...

Can I use data from different worksheets to create a chart
I am running Excel 2000. I have 3 worksheets from different schools. I want to compare ratings from each of the schools in one chart. Can I do that and, if so, how. Thanks Yes you can build a single chart that plots data from 3 different worksheets. You haven't said what type of chart, so I will walk you through an XY (Scatter) chart. Let me know if you need help with another chart type. Step 1 - Create new worksheet where you will place embedded chart. Name your new worksheet Charts Step 2 - In your new Charts sheet, from the top menu select Insert > Chart to start Excel&#...

linked tables
Hi, I need to copy a linked table to a new table but the new table should not have a link. ie all the data and settings accept for the link to another db. How can I do this? Colm hi Colm, colmkav wrote: > Hi, I need to copy a linked table to a new table but the new table > should not have a link. ie > all the data and settings accept for the link to another db. Use a table creation query, e.g. SELECT * INTO newTable FROM linkedTable mfG --> stefan <-- On 4 May, 11:59, Stefan Hoffmann <stefan.hoffm...@explido.de> wrote: > hi Colm, > > colmkav wrote: &g...

Worksheet reference ?
Hello, Is there any way when copying a worksheet to update the reference from another worksheet ex: sheet2 as a formula =Sheet1!A1+1, when i copy the sheet2 in the new worksheet sheet3 the formula is the same =Sheet1!A1+1, can we makem a reference to the last sheet or update the sheet +1 to be automatic =Sheet2!A1+1 Thank Try this: =INDIRECT("Sheet"&MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL ("filename",A1))+6,255)-1&"!A1")+1 Note - wb must be saved for this to work. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hello, ...

all e-mail links are blocked "due to restrictions in effect
all e-mail links are blocked. Diologbox says "this operations has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system administrator" How do I acess the links? This actually isn't an Outlook issue, it's an IE issue. Here's your solution: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9608ECE4-4A56-4080-95C9-D69B425A3FB6@microsoft.com... > all e-mail links are blocked. Diologbox says "this operations has been > canceled...

Link excel workbook sharing
Hi I am having excel Xp arabic enabled, the shared exel workbook with links are working fine with the owner where as the shared user cannot see the data updated in linked sheets automatically from his side. Please advice..! -- RIz Khan Is the person making the changes saving the workbook? The changes have to be saved before others can see the changes. And when you shared the workbook, there is an Advanced tab (on the Tools|share workbook dialog) that allows you to specify when the updates should be seen. From xl2002's help: Seeing other users' changes Each time you save the ...

Links sent not working in windows mail
If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable to open it at the other end. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. That may be a problem on the recipient's end that you cannot fix. Email yourself and see if the links work. If they do, then you don't have a problem, the recipient does. steve "alex mungo" <alex mungo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7550BA2-2794-4EFC-B6A4-C458D8958EF0@microsoft.com... > If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable > to > open it at the other...

Need a simple way to have only one mode per link with an option
I use items like the following to display links in an iFrame within my page. <asp:TreeNode NavigateUrl="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church" Target="LinksFrame" Text="Wikipedi Item on Church"></asp:TreeNode> I can envision situations where the iFrame might be too small and the user would like to display in another window. I'd like to have a check box to allow that option. On way I could implement is to have two statements for each link and use the check box to select the appropriate one. Is there a simple way to have only o...

Chart problems
Charts set up in excel, then I copy and paste as links into Powerpoint. Then when I right click and "update links" the graph in powerpoint goes absolutely massive and takes up the whole slide......i then have to delete it. This is causing me big problems and nobody seems to know how to fix it here ! As a consequence i am having to copy and paste the chart in as a picture each time....every month......30 odd graphs......its mind numbing !! I just want to be able to update links ...

Changing dates across multiple worksheets
I have a workbook that contains 18 sheets. Is it possible to change the date on sheet 1 and have it change on the other 17 sheets, even though the sheets contains two different date formats, 5/25, and 5/25/10, and all of the sheets are different than sheet 1? I’m using Excel 2007. Thanks, Malcolm Link each of the date cells on 17 sheets back to the main sheet where you will change the date. =Main!A1 where A1 is the changing date. Each sheet formatted to your choice. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 25 May 2010 08:38:01 -0700, Malcolm <Malcolm@discussions.mic...

User defined function returns imprecise value when used in worksheet
I want to create a function to return the gestational age of babies on their date of birth (DOB) with reference to the due date (the estimated date of confinement or EDC). The function I have at the moment is: Function Gest(DOB As Variant, EDC As Variant) As Single 'Returns the gestation in the form x.y where x is the number of completed weeks 'and y is the additional days, which can range from 0 to 6. ' 'The calculation is based on the DOB and the EDC, and assumes a normal pregnancy 'duration of 280 days, with the start being day 0 (not day 1). Dim Gest...