Link footer of one file to cells in another file

Is this possible?
0
Laura (120)

Only via code...

Option Explicit
    With Me.Worksheets("sheet1")
        .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text
    End With
End Sub

If you want to read more about these kinds of events:

Chip Pearson's site:

David McRitchie's site:

--

Dave Peterson
0

Send data from one form to another
Hi All, I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally unrelated form. The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be done. -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.as...

Links #8
Help required ... please see email below. Trying to remove menu command created by mistake! Thanks Steve >-----Original Message----- >Thanks for your help, problem sorted. Having run the .xla >file twice I now have 'Find Links' twice on my menus, any >ideas on how to delete one of them? > >Thanks for your help > >Steve > > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Hi >>try the following add-in to find/delete these links: >>http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp? file=FindLink.zip >> >>>-----Original Message----- &g...

Prevent change to refs in second worksheet when drag cells in firs
I have a complex calendar in Excel. Each week, admins Ctrl-drag cells among different locations in the primary calendar worksheet. I have a second worksheet that needs to list those cell values in a fixed configuration, e.g. the value in Sheet1!A1 needs to always appear in the cell of Sheet2!G10. Sheet2!G10 contains the formula: “Sheet1!$A$1”. If the user drags Sheet1!A1 to Sheet1!A3, the formula in Sheet2!G10 gets automatically updated to “Sheet1!$A$3”. I have tried all combos of locking and protecting to prevent this updating. Is there a way to do this? Try referencing the other shee...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

How to convert Quicken QFX files?
I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in >Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? Have you tried File->Import? ...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

chart disappears after inserting another chart into slide
When i tried to insert another chart from excel to my powerpoint slide, (using copy & paste function), the other chart that was already in the slide disappears and I can't find it anywhere in my powerpoint... How do i search for it or rather why does this happen? I guess you're using PPT 2002 (also known as PPT XP) and you have this Autolayout feature turned on. I think it's in Tools | Autocorrect, but I can't check it right now to be sure. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing ...

enumerating file on a directory
hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter like "*.h" and store the result on an array on VC++. tnx, hope you guys can help. I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html Look For CFileFind Class if working in MFC or FindFirstFile FindNextFile or FindClose if you project based on Win32 -- cheers, Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "lawrence" <las@cybees.com> wrote in message news:#NvsWCRXFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

How do I make two lines in one cell?
since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? Press alt + enter together. It's easy when you know how! :-) Alan P. "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF4E013B9F@microsoft.com... > since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? if you mean that you want to add more text into the cell, then increase the row height and "wrap the text" "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF...

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

Outlook pst file
My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve info from this pst. You could try the inbox repair tool, scanpst.exe David "Ajay" <ajayget@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:07e301c358de$6534d0d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it > is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able > to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve > info from this pst. ...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

No files selected in openfiledialog
How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) I've tried if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... and if ubound(openfiledialog1.filenames) = -1 then ... but both these give compile errors. Grateful for advice. Am 11.05.2010 15:46, schrieb simonc: > How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being > selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) > > I've tried > > if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... > &g...

Copy a file with only values no formulas
Is there an easy way to copy a workbook so that it only has the values and not the formulas? Thank you. -- Lee Coleman Right click on a sheet tab and select all sheets. Then select all cells on the active sheet. Do a copy, then Edit, paste special, values. Right click on a sheet tab and select ungroup sheets. Save the workbook under a different name!!!! Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:OIOx4$FeHHA.4020@TK2MSFTN...

Log files in Great Plains 8.0
We use a web based program to import orders from our website into Great Plains. We have recently come across some errors where invoices show up with no associated order or customer information. The only thing that shows on these invoices is item information. I believe these invoices are generated somehow by a glitch in the import we do for our web orders. Is there a log file somewhere in GP where I can see what information was entered based on date? Or if anyone else has experienced this problem before, am I correct in my assumption that the "ghost" invoices are being caused by ...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

Relative File locations
I have a program that opens file #1 in folder XYZ. In this file is a reference to another file #2 in another folder. Is there a way to reference file #2 so if I put file #2 and file #1 in the same folder, the reference will always be made to the folder that contains the file #1, no matter where I may relocate it? Thanks, ...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

Answer file local admin password
Hi, I am trying to apply a local admin password to all PC's during my ghost roll out. Everthing works from my answer file with the only exception the local admin password is not applied. Here is the current part of my answer file [GuiUnattended] AdminPassword="R0ver" EncryptedAdminPassword=NO ...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

Schedueled Auto Send .xls File to Receipients
I have an MS2007...I have a progress tracking excel spreadsheet that I must send to certain associates on a biweekly basis. What functionality exists or coding is reqiuried for my document to be automatically sent to selected receipients on a scheduled basis until the project is complete? ...

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...