Link File

Hi,

I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not.
How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message
everytime when I open the file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eling

0
elingtse (24)

Hi
goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)

"et" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not.
> How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message
> everytime when I open the file.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Eling

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Convert XML file to a bitmap file
I'm currently using Visio to convert and XML file to a bitmap file, but it is taking too long. Is there a better way of converting an xml to a bmp file? I'm using DOM for modifying the XML file. Does DOM support conversion from XML to bmp? Thanks SJ wrote: > I'm currently using Visio to convert and XML file to a bitmap file, > but it is > taking too long. Is there a better way of converting an xml to a bmp > file? > I'm using DOM for modifying the XML file. Does DOM support conversion > from XML to bmp? DOM is just a specification for how a parser...

Auto complete file
My wife likes to use auto complete when putting addresses into Outlook 2002. However, after someone changes their email address, the original still remains. I would like to think that their is a text file or ini file that holds these auto completes that one could edit but I can't find it. Would appreciate it if someone knows how to do this. Thanks Thank You Mr. Valentine........ >-----Original Message----- >Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting >the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to >migrate ...

Removing Links to nonexistent files in Excel
I am unable to remove a link that was established inadvertently when I copied and pasted a table and associated chart from an excel workbook to another workbook. Subsequent to the copy, I deleted the source file. Now, when I open the destination file, a message flashes that the source file (which has been deleted) can not be found. I attempted to delete the link by going to -> "Edit" -> "Links", however delete link is not given as an option. The "Delete Link" button literally does not appear in the "Links" form. Is this an Excel 97 bu...

Using the isv.config file properly
I was trying to add a new entity navigation pane item to the Accounts entity so I created an isv.config file with the following contents... <configuration version="3.0.0000.0"> <Entities> <Entity name="account"> <NavBar> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="Serial Numbers" Url="http://crmapps/SerialNumbers.aspx" Id="navAcctSerials" Area="Sales" /> </NavBar> </Entity> </Entities> </configuration> When I try to load CRM, it giv...

Using CFile instead of C runtime file functions
Hi, Busy converting from old C functions to CFile methods at the moment. Problem is, i cant file a CFile method equlivent to fread(pBuffer, dataSize, items_to_read, pFILE) I need to read DWORDs (4-byte data), WORDs (2-byte data) and BYTES (1-byte data) in binary mode from a file, but CFile looks as if it can only handle bytes! Reading a DWORD with fread goes like this: fread(&buffer, sizeof(DWORD), 1, pFILE); Is there a Cfile equlivent or should i just stick to fread(...) ? Joe # joey wrote: > > Hi, > > Busy converting from old C functions to CFile methods ...

Links between workbooks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a (destination) workbook which is linked to each of 12 separate source workbooks. The latter each hold extensive data for a month's operations as well as a monthly summary. It is the 12 summaries that are linked to the destination workbook. I need help in understanding how the links behave. <br><br>When I use the &quot;Edit > Links ...&quot; command, 11 of the 12 source files are listed using the complete path description. eg &quot;iMac HD:Users:alan:Desktop:RESULTS:RESULTS...

Microsoft Word 2004 Mac, data mergeing with File Maker Pro 7 does not work
I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Maker Pro 7 documents. Appreciate any suggestions. In article <BDE1BECC.13E8%dolrac@nikotel.com>, Carlo Desimoni <dolrac@nikotel.com> wrote: > I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and > File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the > list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Ma...

Adding Links to 3rd Party Windows in VBA
We just purchased a product called Multi-Company Inventory Manager, which allows you to view inventory levels from different companies in GP, and we are trying to add a link to this 3rd party window using VBA. We have set up a button on the Sales Transaction Detail Screen, but we are unable to use VBA to have this button link to that window. I already added the window to VBA, and I used the following code, which gave me a 'Object Required' error: Multi_Site_Inventory_Manager.MultiCompanyItemLocation.Open If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, or how I can set up a l...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Extracting data from a zip file.
I have a *.dbf file, with what I assume to be about 140,000 records. How would I open this to extract all records? Thanks "Rodney" <rodney@touch88.com.au> schreef in bericht news:%23C7z8BJxEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a *.dbf file, with what I assume to be about > 140,000 records. > How would I open this to extract all records? > Thanks > > > Excel can handle .dbf (DBase File) extensions. But 140,000 records seems like it will cause a problem since there's only 65536 rows in a worksheet. merlin wrote: > > "Rodney"...

Excel error in opening file
When I use Excel to open a single word file like fixedassets.xls my Excel opens fine. We reloaded Office 97. Even created new user so not settings carried forward. The Problem: When opening a compound file like: Deposit Check November.xls, Excel gives me an error message "Cannot open 'Deposit.xls cannot be found.'" I click OK then I get "Cannot open Check.xls." I click OK then get "Cannot open November.xls." My observation. Any compound file with spaces cannot open properly. It tries to open each part like it is a separate file. I have been open...

Virtual Memory and Page File Usage Spike
Outlook has been working fine for months--until now. When I launch, I get a message that it needs more Virtual Memory. When I open Task Manager, the PF Usage spikes to about 1.3GB. Takes forever to open. Slow to use. Outlook 2000 on XP. I've archived most of my email and even restored to a date previous to the problem appearing -- no joy. Help? --dawg ...

SOP Integration invoice with payment auto creates ACH upload file
Good afternoon, does anyone remember where the information on automatically an ACH batch during an SOP integration is located? I'm having trouble finding it. As I remember, under distribution mapping, you set the payment type to ACH or EFT or something like that. Thanks in advance Russ Worth ...

Quicken file conversion problems
I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my quicken file throught the initial Wizard. Only problem it I get the following error message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. Can anyone help? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my >quicken file throught the initial Wiz...

Browse for Drive/Dir/File using MFC
Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? Any help appreciated, Steve. Take a look at the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Steve Carroll" <ctrl@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:#tR$bmdfDHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based > classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? > > Any help appreciated...

Linked Graphs
I have a workbook which contains several worksheets which are used to calculate information for a report. The report pages are the first couple of worksheets formatted and which contain graphs linked to data on other worksheets within the workbook. I wish to make a stand alone version of my report, capable of being Emailed. I can copy the report pages to a new workbook, and then replace the formulas with values without issue. I can then delete all the names thus removing more references to the source workbook - however now my problems arises. The graphs which copy across and look the same, a...

eps file in GUI
Hi , Can I use EPS file in a GUI developed in VC .NET? I mean i have eps file containing logo and want that to be shown in GUI. Is it possible to use eps file or I need image file only? - David. It's going to be easier if you can convert it something like a .jpg .gif or ..bmp. You could probably figure out a way to display a logo from an EPS, but it is going to be way more trouble than the corresponding BMP. You should be able to convert with any kind of graphics editor (Photoshop, JASC, PhotoImpact, etc.) Tom "David" <know_devig@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message ...

Help with PST file
Every now and then for whatever reason I get the message that my pst file can't be accessed (Outlook 2000 SR1). So I try to create a new one because I don't know how to fix the problem. After hours of trying, searching for help, etc I get a new pst file. However now in my folders list I have several other personal folders. Also I can never figure out how to get my email addresses from the old personal folder (contact folder) to the newly created one. Can someone help me? I've got to say that much of this goes over my head. For instance I keep reading where I'm supposed to ...

not able to link chart points from same series
I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages. Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't seem to link the dots on the chart with a line. Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots from the same series. suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If you have gaps, true actual blanks (n...

.eml files as attachments
I used to send self-addressed e-mail links, similar to self-addressed envelopes in snail mail. Outlook Express now removes them as dangerous code. Does anyone know whether they are stripped out by my machine on the way out or on their way in? If the former, can I turn it off? It seems like overkill, especially when there are so many good virus exterminators in the market. Peter Sidwell Singapore "Peter Sidwell" <insomnia@cyberjunkie.com> wrote in message news:86dc01c43294$fb878dd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I used to send self-addressed e-mail links, similar to > self...

File name and path
I know how to insert the file name and path into an excel file. Does anybody know how to ensure that unique file path is kept when sending the excel file as an excel attachment without physically typing the file name and path into a header or footer. Thanks in advance John But once the recipient saves it to their location, the location/filename could change???? This formula will return the path, workbook name, and sheet name (after the workbook's been saved): =CELL("Filename",A1) If you really don't want it to change, type in the formula and instead of hitting enter...

converting lotus 123 files to excel
How do I convet 123 files to excel ?? Hello, Pete; Until somebody who has actually done this answers: Have you tried dragging your 123 file into an Excel window, and if Excel opens it, saving it as an Excel document ("Save as type:" down at the bottom of the "Save As" dialog)? Regards, IanRoy "Pete" wrote: > How do I convet 123 files to excel ?? Hi either save the file in Lotus 123 as Excel file or try a commercial converter (e.g. www.dataviz.com) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb ...

Word 2007 Link from Excel Printing Boxes
I have an MSWord 2007 document which links to an Excel 97 spreadsheet. The data updates correctly on the Word doc but when I print it, all the data from Excel is surrounded by a box outline. Does anyone know how to eliminate the outline? I have checked the formatting in Word and Excel and there is no outline in either case. Thanks -- BWHWordExcelUser I am experiencing the same problem when I link Excel 2007 spreadsheets to MSWord 2007. I can't find anyone who has an answer or anything written about this problem. "BWHWordExcelUser" wrote: > I have an...

copying info from old .pst file to a new one?
Hello all! Perhaps a stupid question, but cannot find a reply. I have an Outlook 2003 and all my information (mails, calendar, contacts, etc.) are stored in Personal Folders.pst file. This very file was created a long time ago in Outlook 97 and it remains the Outlook 97-2000 type. Now the size of the file is too big, while archiving cannot really help as I need to have all time immedite access to the data within the last 2 years. I understand that converting the old .pst file to a new version , Outlook 2003 .pst may help.So I created a new file, made it default for my e-mail accounts, but I...

Need to copy chart of excel to powerpoint file without the other s
Hello, I have excel file. in the excel there is three sheets: test1, test2 and test3. in the test1 sheet I have chart with parameters. when I copy the chart and the parameters in the sheet 'test1' to powerpoint (with past special) and choose the 'microsoft excel chart object' it past the chart to powerpoint and I can change the parameters inside but the problem is that it also copy the other two sheets: test2 and test3. I want when I copy the excel chart to powerpoint that it will copy only the test1 sheet (without the test2 and test3 sheets), because this is what I marke...