Link File

Hi,

I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not.
How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message
everytime when I open the file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eling

0
elingtse (24)

Hi
goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip)

"et" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not.
> How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message
> everytime when I open the file.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Eling

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Lotus Organizer 6.0 calendar file conversion
How do I convert Lotus Organizer 6.0 calendar files to Outlook 2002? You have to get software to do this, I believ it's called Xtend Connect or something like that. There is an option in Outlook for import from Lotus Notes v4 or 5, try it with 5 and see if it works... >-----Original Message----- >How do I convert Lotus Organizer 6.0 calendar files to >Outlook 2002? > >. > ...

Help with Linking
I need to do three things, if you can answer any of them that would b great. First, is there a way to make a macro that goes directly to the "Ope File" screen? What about linking it to a folder name? Second: I have a worksheet set up to pull information from a secon sheet, which needs to be imported first. All the equations return #RE until the text file is imported, which is named Sheet1 by default. wrote all my equations to pull from Sheet1, but if a new sheet get imported, I need it to pull from that sheet, Sheet2 (default). M equations won't change to Sheet2, or Sheet...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

How to link Subtotal results?
How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in anothe work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brough but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actua sales worksheet. Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales dat linked -- bugg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56412 If you want to link to a cell you can just co...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Security for Xml File
Hello world, How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Nico * Nicolas Joly wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? >Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Hi Nicolas, I am not sure which kind of "protection" you are looking for, if you just worry about access from unauthorized users to an XML document on a web server, you could simply use HTTP facilities to deny access or request for authorization. If you worry about the integrity of the document...

How to bookmark a link with variables?
The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html variable = today in format yyyymmdd http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html Hi, Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site. Regards. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Sharing pst file
Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? thanks. TH Yes and no...you can point both users to the same .PST file but they cannot both have it open at the same time, at least not without a 3rd party tool. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm lists at least one such tool. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5e01c3bb9b$962d9300$a001280a@phx.gbl, Tobin Halim wrote: > Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? > t...

corrupt file
when i try to open a excel 2000 worksheet it says that the file i corrupt .Is there anyway i can still open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've checked out all the links referred to. Additional comments and suggested additions are welcome. Some of the most frantic and desperate posts come for this and they are frequently in tears of happiness when they get a solution. These points cover corrupted files. Don't confuse these with problems with slow opening, processing or closing of Excel or wit...

how do I open a file to make corrections
I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! Publisher 2007? There is a hotfix available for your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976177/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "MarchelleB" <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76472C26-5FAE-4454-B390-D3F85BD89FF7@microsoft.com... > I have written a file and need to make corrections and can not open it! On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:27:33 -0700, MarchelleB <MarchelleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have written a file and ne...

Disabling formulas and turning file into text only
I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to update the formulas everytime and make it so that only the values show up(formulas are no longer needed once computed) Is there a way to do that besides copying and pasting as special? Not 100% sure, but I think you can do this by going edit/links/break links. >-----Original Message----- >I have a workbook in which there are formulas that pull through from other >workbooks. I want to make the workbook so that it doesnt ask me to updat...

Error opening up Microsoft Money 2004 money file
I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'. I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years. When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in name error. I can't get into Money at all to ...

Linked Workbooks Question
Hi All, I have a workbook that links to two other workbooks. Two carry data, one does the calcs... All three workbooks are in the same directory. When I open the 'calcs' workbook, I allow macros then update links. References to cells in the data workbooks show as #value errors. If I have all three open, the 'calcs' sheet works fine. What gives ??? Thanks to the group. ...

Quicken file conversion #2
Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98 (version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying "Large file, may take a few minutes", it shows a progress bar for about 3 seconds, then gives up and says, "Unable to convert file." Dell isn't supporting the installed MS Money on the new computer. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Canaday wrote: >Have tried converting .qif file from Quicken Deluxe 98 >(version 7.0), but when Money 2004 Standard on my new >Dell 4600 starts the conversion, saying...

Need to fix position of file in visio viewer
We have used a visio viewer to display an balanced score card. The file is being displayed correctly in the visio viewer. The only problem now is that the image displayed in the control is movable i.e. when you click and drag the image displayed in the active x control, it moves in the confines of the control. This is not acceptable. Is there a way by which this can be avoided? Some way by which we can fix the position of the file in the visio viewer. Hi Khyati, There are many ways: 1. Put the image on a background page. The user is less likely to get at it there. 2. Put the image on ...

Automating the "import" from the File menu?
I have been trying a number of different ideas to make copies of several external data sources into our local sqlserver. After trying a couple, I think the best solution might be the Import function that you can find in the File menu. However, I cannot find out how to automate this function, because "import" in help doesn't turn up anything. Google turns up lots of hits, but every one I can see simply steps you through the menu commands. Anyone have a hint? Maury ...

link data
I went to file, get external data and link from access to an excel spreadsheet which was successful. The problem is I should be able to add new records in that linked table from access but it will not allow me to. I can however add a new record from excel and it shows up in the linked table in access. I am in version 2003 and it always worked before in previous versions. On Oct 24, 1:19 pm, mmatz <mm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I went to file, get external data and link from access to an excel > spreadsheet which was successful. The problem is I should be able to ad...