Line styles for Cell Borders

I would like to know if there is a way to add to or alter the available line
styles for cell borders that appear in the Fomatting window.  The number of
styles is vary limited.  I would like to be able to alter or add to the
thickness of the lines and the types of lines shown.   Is there a way to
easily do this?

Carl
0
Carl (99)

Not that I know of. You could always try putting a transparent rectangle over
the cell, but I don't see a large number of options there (maybe 6?) for the
line styles.

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:45:01 -0800, "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I would like to know if there is a way to add to or alter the available line
>styles for cell borders that appear in the Fomatting window.  The number of
>styles is vary limited.  I would like to be able to alter or add to the
>thickness of the lines and the types of lines shown.   Is there a way to
>easily do this?
>
>Carl

0
anonymous (74722)

borders don't appear in print preview?
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet which I have set up so that 'gridlines', 'black and white' and 'draft' are unchecked. The cells where information is to be entered have black borders. When I select print preview, most of the cells are fine but there are 5 rows where the borders aren't showing at all. They're not even together, they're throughout the spreadsheet! I've tried manually drawing each border, I've tried changing the colour but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in ad...

Problem entering the number 9 in a cell
For some reason, and I'd be very interested to know WHAT the reason is, I cannot select a cell and enter the number 9. If I double-click on the cell I can enter the number 9, but not just by selecting the cell. If I just select a cell and press 9 the system beeps at me. What could this be? -gk- Look at the Autocorrect entries. Bernard "TBA" <toxicdistortion@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vlrjncc9f5f2b6@corp.supernews.com... > For some reason, and I'd be very interested to know WHAT the reason is, I > cannot select a cell and enter the number 9. If I ...

In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?
I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? Lets say you have a list of 15 items. =INDEX(A1:A15,RANDBETWEEN(1,15)) Pressing F9 will generate a new random value from your list. Note that RANDBETWEEN requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "qwibble" wrote: > I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for > work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? ...

Sort First and last name in single cell
I have a mailing list of over 10,000 names, with the first name and las name in a single cell. The first name is listed first. Is there a wa to sort the column by last name or better yet isolate the last name t a separate column so I can merge the data to a different application Thank you in advance for your help. : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rpielet, there's no way to sort by last name, given the way your data is entered. Instead, use the Text to Columns command on the Data menu to put first and last names in separate columns. It's very intuitive. Check it out...

Can I make a range of cells in a worksheet read only ?
Hi, Select Cell Range Go Format -> Cells -> Protection Uncheck "Locked" checkbox Go Tools -> Protection -> Protect Sheet *optional: specify password (its case sensitive) I hope this helps ! Reetesh B. Chhatpar ShawMan Software Enterprises www.shawmansoftware.com Diamond is just another piece of coal that did well under pressure. "La Durande" <LaDurande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99E8902C-AEBE-47A4-9EA5-396CB396720C@microsoft.com... > This protects the whole sheet. I require to have a block of cells on a worksheet read o...

How to refer to every 5 th cell?
I'm currently working with this array formula... =SUM(IF(G4:BJ4>C4,C4,G4:BJ4))*0.09615 How do i change this so that G4:BJ4 refers to every 5th cell staring with G4. Ie G4, L4, Q4, V4 ......etc. CHeers steve Try... =SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G4:BJ4)-COLUMN(G4),5)=0,IF((G4:BJ4<>"")*(G4:BJ4>C4),C4 ,G4:BJ4)))*0.09615 ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER. Hope this helps! In article <430f49ee$0$17485$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>, "R.P.McMurphy" <rpmcmurphy@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I'm currently working with this array formula......

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

10 input cells and 1 output cell
I have a large spreadsheet model that essentially has 10 inputs and 1 output. I'd like to create a second spreadsheet set up with hundreds of unique rows where the first 10 columns represent 1 input and the 11th column represents the output. How in the world would i do this? thanks, Neil Unfortunately, though it's been proposed, using a worksheet as a template has not been implemented in XL. One way would be to use a macro to transfer inputs to the first sheet, then transfer the result to the second sheet. Something like: Assume inputs in Sheet1!A1:J1, the output in Shee...

Excel cell comments
I have a column of cells that each have a comment attached to the cell. Is there a way to take those comments, and keep them attached to the record of data when creating a table in Access? Pieces of record: Name Last Name Height(comments here like 5'3", 5'4", etc.) Thanks, You are right when you say Access doesn't read the Excel comments. I think a macro might be the way to go. GW >-----Original Message----- >I have never tried that, but I would guess that you'd have to program that in Access. I don't think the import functions in Access acknow...

Adding cells togather on a specific date
Not sure if this is possible or i need to do a VBA or a macro or a formula. i am working on an excell spreadsheet for my vacation. I have a spreadsheet i am working with now and it is ok , just wanna make it better. What i would like to have done is i get 8 hrs of leave a month on the first of the month. i have the months running down the left side. in rolum A a number "8" in colum B. How can i get excell to add "8" to my running total automaticly the first time i have opened excel after the first of the month ? Hope this wasnt to confusing thank you -------------------...

Copying the same cell from different sheets
I have a bunch of worksheets, each formatted identically. Let's say their names are "A" to "Z". I insert a new sheet and I want to examine the same cell from all sheets. Suppose there is a value representing annual expenses in cell D13 of each sheet. My new sheet might look something like this: Sheet Annual Expense A $100 B $150 C $200 etc. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the formula separately into each cell? It seems to me I saw somewhere a way to "build" a formula by stringing the components together. H...

Limited cell length
....been reading some posts regarding the cell's capability for text length and there is definitely a problem... While the help states that 1024 of the 32K characters will be displayed in the cell vs the formula bar, using the len function, i see this is not correct. any characters beyond 255, and the entire string ends up being displayed as a series of '#'. Whether or not multiple cells are merged, word wrapped or even using alt+enter. Currently, the merged cell is 970 pixels wide and 250 pixels high, word wrap enabled, and still *all* my text (in the that cell) is masked after...

Copy data from one cell to another
I have a list of data that looks like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 6 ---------------- ------ I need it to look like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 123-45-6789 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 234-56-7890 6 ---------------- ------ I have never done a macro before, so a function would be great if possible. Thank you in advance for any help! Dawn Select all of column A, do Edit / Go To / Special...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #2
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Making the cell respond to changes in selection would require an event macro. If you just want to put the sheet name in a cell, then : Function funny() As String funny = Range("A1").Worksheet.Name End Function will put the name of the sheet in a cell in that sheet. -- Gary's Student "coreymartin@gmail.com" wrote: > Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? ...

Column-line chart on two axes
How do I do this in Excel 2007. There used to be a custom chart in 2003 – is there still in 2007? Make a column chart Select one of the data series in the chart; change Chart Type to Line Then format it to have secondary axis best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:786B53A1-2A1D-4386-84F6-CE10E00AA00E@microsoft.com... > How do I do this in Excel 2007. There used to be a custom chart in 2003 - > is > there still in 2007? Thank...

creating chart with 2 stacked columns and 2 lines
2005 2004 cost revenue % cost revenue % A 2,608 3,377 77.22% 2,615 3,331 78.49% B 2,549 3,596 70.90% 3,069 3,793 80.90% C 2,307 2,912 79.20% 2,365 2,769 85.40% D 1,916 2,180 87.90% 2,028 2,201 92.12% E 1,659 2,413 68.76% 1,441 2,159 66.76% From the above table, I wanna have cost and revenue on the same stacked column but separate stack for year 2005 and 2004 and have % as a line (should be 2 stacked 5 stacked columns with 2 lines). I've tried it by setting the cost as a secondary axis and set it as a stacked column but the problem is it needs to use the same...

Assigning Query Results to Cells
Where can I find some good information on queries in Excel. I can now connect to the Access database within Excel, and run a working query. However, I need total control in laying out where the query results go. How do I do this? For example, I may want to assign ChildName to cell A5, etc. Thanx! ...

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Preview document in same color used in highlighted cells
My spreadsheet has several highlighted areas. When I print Preview all I get are white and gray. ...

How do I change a cell so I can have the data it contains in seve.
Hello! I have a spreadsheet in Excel and have a lot of data in one of the columns. How can I make each row taller, and change format so I can have several rows of data in one cell? If by >>make each row taller, and change format so I can have several rows of data in one cell? you mean "make all the data in a single row visible", then right-click the cell in question, select Format Cells, the Alignment tab, and check the Wrap Text box. ...

How to adjust spacing between lines of wrapped text ?
Is there any way to adjust the vertical spacing between wrapped lines of text within a cell? Format>Cells>Alignment>Text Alignment>Vertical>Justify. As you increase the height of the cell the spacing will increase. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:52:03 -0800, "SUZL" <SUZL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to adjust the vertical spacing between wrapped lines of text >within a cell? ...

Filling range of cells with alpha-numeric text
I need an easy way to create a large number of cells with alpha-numeric text labels such as perfa, perfb, perfc, perfd,... perfm, etc., timea, timeb, timec, ... etc. This works with numeric series (perf1, perf2, etc.), and I thought Excel would allow me to fill down a series and it would simply follow the seemingly obvious pattern. (I could swear that previous versions did this - I am currently using Excel 97 on a WinXP PC). If I start with the first few entries and fill down, I just get multiple copies of the same 2 or 3 cells that I started the fill with. Does anyone know how t...

How to ceate a navision style menu
Hi. I starting to build a new access application. I would like to create a Navision style menu, such as the Navison in the left side. I can I make a treeview menu and how do I make it to appear in left side? Do you know here is an example? Regards, Marco ...

Stacked Bar and 2nd Axis w/ Line
I'm using Excel 2003. I cannot find a combination or custom chart with a stacked bar on the left axis and a line on the right axis. I'd like to show dollars on the left axis and have the S&P 500 or some other index appear on the right. The purpose of this chart is to show the change in yearly net worth (stacked bar of long-term, short term, etc.) against an index. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug, Create a stacked bar chart with all your data, including the one you want as a line on the 2nd axis. Select the data series you want to change and...

... I would like the Worksheet Tab Title to be in Cell A1 too...
Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a Cell? Darrell One way =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dr. Darrell" <DrDarrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0A70CB9-48BF-4BD6-BA17-3D10F8B1B3DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that links the text on the Worksheet Tab to a Cell? > > Darrell Peo: This seems to be a method to extract text from a string in a given cell. I don't think it will work with the TAB. (unless the Tab has a...