Limit in PivotTable Row Field = 255 ? #2

Is there any way a Row Field in a PIVOT TABLE
can contain more than 255 letters ?
0
ln54 (4)

Not that I've seen.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

parsing a date and time field #2

merge limitations
Last year in merging cells from an Excel to a document, Publisher 2000 had a limitation of 256 characters (including blanks, punctuation and special characters) per cell. Is this still true for Publisher 2003? Sure is and probably will not change. -- I have been able to create a column of cells in Excel next to the one to be merged that will tell me the size (length) of the information in the cells so that I don't exceed the limitation. For the curious: =LEN(A1) Entered and drug it down the 1,200 entries and found two that would exceed the limitation. >-----Original Mes...

Excel pivottable with OLAP cubes saves names, not keys
hi, Is there a way to let the Excel XP pivottables/OLAP cubes reports save the member keys, not meber names? The members disapperas in the reports when the names are updated i the dim-table, and this is a problem. All my Analysis Services dimension levels got keys unique and names not unique. I can't set the dim-property keys unique, because they are not. This is the report info (from Frontpage/OWC, cant find it in Excel): &lt;x:IncludedMember&gt; &lt;x:Name&gt;0000 ABCDEFGH&lt;/x:Name&gt; &lt;x:UniqueName&gt;[MyDim].[All MyDim].[0000 A...

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Fill Down Excluding First Row
Greetings, I have a spreadsheet where the first row (1) consists of labels that describe the column located below each label. For example, I have calories, fat, carbs, etc. It is desirable to have some of these columns filled in automatically. For example one row might be "calories from fat," "calories from carbs," etc, and so I'm doing a "fill down" on those columns. Unfortunately, the fill downs are completing the columns with the labels. So I'm wondering if it's possible to: (a) Exclude the label row (row 1) from the fill down or, better yet;...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

Macro

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

IM error ADO field is nothing
I am trying to do an import for manual payroll checks. I have used the same set up as is used in the sample but I recieve the above error. It also says 0 integrations failed. I can't find anything in knowledgebase. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Open IM, select your integration, double-click on Mappings. Click on the Transactions collection, then click on the Options tab. You will want to make sure the Record Source option rule is set to Use Source Recordset and that the Source is set to your source query. If the above is defined properly, then you will want to make sure you a...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Field mapping for Appointments in filtered views
I’ve been looking at this for ages but cannot find the field for Contact for an Appointment in the filtered views. Regarding is dbo_FilteredAppointment.regardingobjectidname and is also in dbo_FilteredActivityPointer.regardingobjectidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Optional seems to come from dbo_FilteredActivityParty.partyidname with a foreign key of dbo_FilteredAppointment.activityid Does any one know where the Contact for the Appointment get stored? Also a link to a ER diagram for 3.0 or a mapping resource would help me from unnecessary trawling throu...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns