Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend?

I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows
the 4 sales reps.  Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to
show the sales rep name and the %'s.  Is this possible?

0
Roberta1 (28)

If you only have four sales reps, you could remove the legend, and show
each rep's name and percentage on the chart. You could also remove the
fill colour, to make the labels easier to read.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/30/2005 4:52:13 PM
I can only print in black and white and my supervisor wants the % and sales
rep name in the legend.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> If you only have four sales reps, you could remove the legend, and show
> each rep's name and percentage on the chart. You could also remove the
> fill colour, to make the labels easier to read.
>
> Roberta wrote:
> > How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend?
> >
> > I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows
> > the 4 sales reps.  Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to
> > show the sales rep name and the %'s.  Is this possible?
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Roberta1 (28)
8/1/2005 1:28:02 AM
Hi - I have the same problem, except that I'm presenting in colour and have
a pie chart with more than 20 slices.  Thus, having the % in the legend is a
great idea.

I can't see any automatic way of doing it.

What I will probably do is draft the chart as-is.  Once the data is settled,
I will then change the data labels to include the percentage.  I'll use a
helper column with a formula, =A1&" ("&text($b1/$b$1000,"0.00%")&")".  Once
filled down, I'll paste-value the results over the source data labels.  The
chart will collect these new data labels.  All I now need to remember is to
leave the data alone!

"Roberta" wrote:

> How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend?
>
> I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows
> the 4 sales reps.  Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to
> show the sales rep name and the %'s.  Is this possible?

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Tips and tutorials needed
Hi. I've posted a couple of times already in the past couple of days, so accept my apologies for bugging you if you've seen my request already, but I'm putting together a blog or Excel tips, tricks and tutorials and need some more input. The site is http://teachr.blogspot.com . If you have any tutorials of your own on Excel then please email your ideas or your tutorials to me at mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I'll consider adding them. Also if you have any ideas for tutorials that would be good on the site, please also drop me a line or respond to this topic. Ideas include:- ...

show header
this is such an obvious one but I can't find it -- how do you get the headers to show while you're viewing the page on the screen? Print preview works fine, but I need to have the headers show up when looking at it as a spreadsheet. Looked for "Print View" equivalent, but can't find it. You can't display the header or footer unless you use print preview. Excel doesn't have a Print View mode like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jchoy" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

need age in future year
I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx) and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that time. Thanks! -- MEJ Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2 in Cell E2 Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs?
How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the answer I'm after is 17 A1 -10 A2 5 A3 -2 =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:19:52 GMT, Invalid <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote: >How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the >answer I'm after is 17 > >A1 -10 >A2 5 >A3 -2 > > Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in news:1o2f63pa84r8o6tdf65sa9ptpbv0nlt7u6@4ax.com: Thank you Gord. ----- > =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) > > > Gord Dibben M...

check number > 10000
I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the 10000 mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999 so they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this could really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution? Would another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to enter check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my Credit union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union check number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Help with Inbox repair tool please
I have a problem with my outlook 2000 and have been advised to use the inbox repair tool. I have opened the inbox repair tool, and I am asked to enter the folder name or to browse and enter the location of the folder, I need to enter the delete items folder but do not know where to find it. Any help appreciated. John The Inbox Repair Tool works against Personal Folders Files (.PST files), not against individual folders within the .PST file. If you don't know where your .PST file is located, you can find it this way: In Outlook, make sure the Folder List is visible (View | Folder...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Investmentmap.com : Learning Series :Richard Donchian
A must Read for the Successful Trader Richard Donchian - A Trading Legend's Strategy Unveiled... Richard Donchian was born in Hartford, Connecticut in September 1905 ( over 100 years ago) and although the vast majority of traders have never heard of him yet, he is one of the most influential traders of all time and the father of technical trend following. Many modern trend following systems, such as the Turtle Trading system, are based on his work and legendary trader Richard Dennis was a huge fan and Ed Seykota used him as an inspiration. Richard Donchian didn't begin trading his ...

Please help with New Database Query
Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so how? I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New Database Query. Can this be done. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will recognize it as a data source: Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName, Lname, etc): Select A1:Z500 In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1 Press [Enter] Next, save your workbook. Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query When y...

Info needed on developing outlook addins
To enhance my web based services/application further, I want to develop add-in for outlook, here is a brief on what it will be like 1) it will have a button somewhere on outlook main toolbar 2) and on mail composing toolbar as well 3) when the button is clicked it will open up a form (or multiple forms) to take further input from user. 4) and based on input will compose the email automatically 5) finally queue it up for sending I am advance level c# developer but am new to office developments, I saw a lot of articles on internet on how to do what I need, but before diving into the coding ...

MS Query help required
Hi I have a spreadsheet on my notebook which I use for DBA services at a particular client. It connects to database server via an existing ODBC database connection extracting data from system tables. I would like to be able use this spreadsheet at other clients, WITHOUT having to create a new ODBC connection. Is there any way that this can be accomplished? The ideal scenario would be that the logon credentials and server address reside on one sheet and upon arrival at another client, one merely changes this information and then queries the database. Any help would be appreciated. Regards -...

find sum in list of of numbers
Hello, I have a list of numbers in a column and I need to find which numbers when summed together equal a figure. I have a list of invoice amounts that I need to match up with payments (the payments are always made for several invoices so I need to come up with sums of several invoices to get to this payment amount). An example would be I have this in the following section (A1:A10): $17,213.82 $4,563.02 $85,693.42 $1,166.01 $725.90 $580.09 $2,243.75 $240.16 $207.70 $725.90 I need to find which combination of these figures would sum $1,173.76. Thanks in Advance, Dza the troubled ...

How to recall the Phone number ... what about other variables?
Hi just a simple question, I'm customizing my status.htm page. Without having any guide, I'm guessing almost every variable. One of the easy of them: Customer's PhoneNumber.... I tried with QSRules.Transaction.Customer.PhoneNumber but didn't bring my anything What is the right syntax? Does anybody have any list of variables you can call using QSRules ? Thanks Gustavo Gustavo, try this out: QSRules.Transaction.Customer.HomeAddress.PhoneNumber ...

opencurrentdatabase error/help
dears, im opening an access03 database with vb6 like application.opencurrentdatabase("c:/documents and settings/admin/folder/database.mdb",true,"password") application.docmd.open"myform" application.docmd.maximise docmd.maximise included in form open event also in the database kindly help me with (1) after this code runs access opening with small rectangular window(half of screen vertically) even all access databases are opening this way (2) if the above said path changes for the database error 7866 occuring in error event i would like to include some c...

Need help with a formula 01-23-10
I am looking for a formula that will compute an average of a number of non contiguous cells such as G8, G16, G24, G36, etc. Each of these cells has a formula which computes an average of a range of cells. With the helpm of this forum, I have been able to find a formula which does that AND uses values only when they are greater than zero and does not display #DIV/0!. But I cannot fin a fromula that will do the next step- Take an average of those specific cells AND use only the ones where the cell is >0, Example G8=100, G16=85, G24 is blank, G36=75, then this formula would ca...

Limiting Number of Records per User
Just wondering if there is a way to limit the number of records a user can take ownership of. For example....leads. A salesperson can only have x amount of leads assigned to them at a given time. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thank you for your post. Unfortunately there is not a way to limit a user's record ownership. Just to be sure I checked with the SDK team and they don't have a way to do that either. But I would like to encourage you to make a product suggestion along these lines. We are very i...

IF problems, PLEASE HELP!!!
Hello, I am having trouble with "IF" I need to be able to say: IF E4 is 0-550: "start up"; 551-650: "moderate";651-850: "gettin there"; >850: "got there" How do I write this as a forumla? Let Me Know -- ryangruh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27497 try this dude! =if(and(e4>=0,e4<=550),"start up",if(and(e4>=551,e4...

Does GP need its own instance?
Hello, We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Server 2003 instances except for applications that use the system databases. Does Great Plains make any changes that might interfere with other applications on the same instance? Thanks, -- Brian Francis Not that I am aware of. We have had plenty of apps share with GP instances. I do however prefer it to be alone because if we have to stop and start SQL services we only have to worry about the GP users "bfrancis" wrote: > Hello, > > We were recently adviced that we should consolidate our SQL Serv...