Leading ' in cell values when data is Exported to Excel 2002

Hello,  when exporting data to Excel, all of the cells have a leading ' .
Any ideas on how to keep this from happening?

I have not seen this with earlier versions of Excel and am experiencing this
problem when Exporting data from WinRunner and from MS Access through VBA.

Much appreciated, thanks.
0
Jimmy2836 (50)

Hi
you may try after importing the following line of code

range.value=range.value

"Jimmy" wrote:

> Hello,  when exporting data to Excel, all of the cells have a leading ' .
> Any ideas on how to keep this from happening?
>
> I have not seen this with earlier versions of Excel and am experiencing this
> problem when Exporting data from WinRunner and from MS Access through VBA.
>
> Much appreciated, thanks.
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/9/2004 1:18:03 PM
If you see that leading apostrophe in the formula bar, maybe it's just a setting
you have to toggle.

Tools|options|transition tab|uncheck "transition navigation keys"

--

Dave Peterson
0

> Hello,  when exporting data to Excel, all of the cells have a leading ' .
> Any ideas on how to keep this from happening?

This should only happen where the column's data type is text. This
behaviour is by design so that a cell of data type text that contains
only numeric characters is seen by Excel as text and not a numeric
value.

If the exported column *supposed* to be numeric (check you database
schema) but is appearing in Excel with leading apostrophes, then you
have a problem with your export.

Jamie.

jamiecollins (192)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

data sort