launching xls in web browser

I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser.  The
first one launches successfully in a new browser window.  The second one also
launches successfully.  However, the first browser window becomes blank after
the second report launches.  When I close the first browser window the second
window becomes blank as well.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
0
Anon7166 (51)

Outlook Web access from Mac
I was wondering whether any body else has the same password issue I do when trying to use outlook web access. I have used it successfully, and still do, from Windows based machines however any time I use a mac it doesn't work. I am able to get to the owa page which looks as normal, then I enter my login details and every time (from more than one mac from more than one browser ((Safar and Camino))) I get the same error returned. An error saying that my password is incorrect and I can't login. However I jump straight on a PC and it logs in fine. I was just wondering how I would get ...

Set specified dimensions for web ad
I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad will contain an image that I can currently only get down to 96 dpi by using the "Change Picture" button. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Whitney wrote: > I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 > pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but > I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad wil...

Help, my browser has been hijacked!
When I click links from a google search, my browser is redirected to other sites places like 'Ask' and 'Kelkoo' and other shopping and comparison sites. I have spent HOURS running whole system scans using: AVG (found nothing while scanning, but uncovered 3 'Trojans' while Defender was running) Windows Defender (This scan triggered the above 3) Spybot - twice (found 69 problems on the first run, then after reboot, no problems, apparently) But I'm still getting redirected. Please help, my computer is my work and also a part of my social life. I'...

Web pages will not update in IE8
Web pages will not update in IE8 I have a problem with a web page that does an automatic update. I use msn and foxnews.com as my home pages. Fox’s website does an automatic update for changes in news. This always worked fine with IE7, but now that I have change to IE8 it no longer will update unless I do it manually. Is this a problem with IE8 or is there a setting I need to change. As June Allyson used to say, "Depends." What's your setting IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | Check for newer versions of stored pages <...

username is missing whenever outlook 2003 launches
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 prof edition with sp2. Is there anyway I want to display username by default whenever user launches outlook 2003? Please help Thanks (srinivasan.s@lbbwsg.com) In news:59C23DB6-085A-472C-983B-B0C7DA4C5BF1@microsoft.com, Sri <Sri@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 prof edition with sp2. > Is there anyway I want to display username by default whenever user > launches outlook 2003? > Please help > Thanks > (snip) Do you mean, you have multiple Outlook profiles, and you want Outlook to prompt you for th...

Outlook Web Access still shows old Time Zone information in Option
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and have updated our front end servers with the CDO patch for DST, however when you go into Outlook Web Access and click on Options, and scroll to the Current Time Zone entry, it still shows : (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana I have verified this to be the case on 3 different servers running OWA - none of the newly defined timezones are listed in this drop-down list. How do we get this list to refresh so that the new Pacific Time Zone is listed? I have the same situation, here are the specifics: Windows server standard 2003 SP1 KB931836...

Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing
Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose: view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong? System is Win XP pro and Office XP. This happens to all .xls files... TIA Regards, Alfred Hi Alfred, Try the following steps: 1. Exit Excel 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel...

shellexecute not opening opera (default browser)
ShellExecute(this->m_hWnd,"open","http://somesite.com/somepage.htm", NULL,NULL, SW_SHOW); but it's not opening my default browser opera... instead its returning ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND error... i am using opera 9.02...2000 OS.. if the default browser IE then no problem... some one explain in detail I have never had a problem with it. When you click on a link in some document(say word doc), does it launch Opera? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <lencastro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165581644.934130.318980@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com.....

controliing a web page from MFC
I am looking to load a web page into our MFC application and want some way of accessing the controls on the page For example, if the loaded web page page has a text box with a specific ID is there any way to 'get and set' the text on that control from MFC I've looked at the Web browser activeX, this loads the page but I cannot find a way of getting at the controls Any help will be much appreciated Phil "phil" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message news:e3YEChFAHHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am looking to load a web page into our MFC applica...

No Documentation is Available on the Customer Source Web Site
I am interested in accessing the Installation and Setup Guides for Great Plains Dynamics 9. On the web site, when I select any document type and click on "Display List", I receive an empty list as shown below: 0 - 0 / 0 Great Plains How-To Articles sorted by: Date -- No records to display -- 0 - 0 / 0 Great Plains Installation and Set Up Guides sorted by: Date -- No records to display -- 0 - 0 / 0 Great Plains System Requirements sorted by: Date -- No records to display -- Does anyone know how I can access the on-line documentation? For some reason, I've h...

stock/share price linked to web?
Hi, I have one cell on a sheet where I manually enter the share price that I look up on Yahoo. What I'd like to do instead is to have that cell automatically updated from the current share price, either from Yahoo or anywhere else with the current live value. Is this possible, and if so, how?? Thanks David I'm using Excel (office 2000) and have win xp home, and broadband cable connection. Microsoft provides access to live stock data through a Web query. Google "Microsoft Excel Web Query Stock" for some good sites. Microsoft has a good article on using Web queries wi...

Web parts
Hi All, How do I create a Web part which can later be used in my business portal? Thanks Kuldeep ...

How to get newsletter on the web
We currently publish a newsletter that is 16 ~ 20 pages. Our January newsletter was 16 pages and the pub file (pub 2002) is 25mb. I can save it as a PDF file and it shrinks it to 7.5mb. If I save all the pages as jpegs, reduce them to 75dpi and then save as a PDF, then we're down to 3.5mb. Is this my best option? I'd like to be able to get the file size even smaller. I am saving the pages as 8.5 x 11 pages. Should I make them smaller than that? We're just getting started with a website and would like to put up our newsletters, but I'd like to get them small enough so th...

Exchange web OWA just stopped working
Exchange 2003 w/sp1 on a W2k3 server. Outlook 2003 clients work fine, all of exchange working fine. OWA does not. Gives 'Cannot find server or DNS Error' The error is pretty immediate. I've verified that the name resolves. I went to the server and stop/started the WWW service and stop/started the website and application pools. On a unix box, I telnetted in to port 80 and got a connect/immediate disconnect. Any ideas where to go from here? ...

Macro unhides personal.xls
This is my code, why does the first thing it does is unhide personal.xls. This code is in a module in personal.xls. Thanks Bill Sub CopyTest() ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75 Cells.Find(what:="Reference:").Activate ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select ActiveCell.Copy MsgBox "Press the Enter key to continue" Application.OnKey "~", "'StartSub " & 0 & ",False'" Cells.Find(what:="Comments:").Activate ActiveCell.Select Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Choose A Range", Type:=8) Rng...

Xcell and word closing after launch
I'am unable to get my copy of the tools from Microsoft office 2000 premium to stay open after I launched them. This started after I accidently checked no on a message box asking me if I wish to register. Is ther a way to correct this issue? Please advise. The following MSKB article has some information that may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 Dimi wrote: > I'am unable to get my copy of the tools from Microsoft > office 2000 premium to stay open after I launche...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

I've lost ability to launch hyperlinks from Outlook email
I've spent several hours trying to figure out what I've done that causes this. [Nothing that I know of]. Whenever I click on a link in an email body in Outlook, I get this: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the admin, I'm running as admin! I've looked everywhere. I even downloaded and installed Thunderbird. I can't launch links from it either, but at least I can copy their location. Can I get some help here? Thanks Ditto, Kirby, I'm in the same ...

> 120 meg of json analyzed by the browser...
Hi.. I've built http://mediabeez.ws/htmlMicroscope/ (lgpl), which provides a way to look at very big arrays in the browser. I'm kinda stuck at a 120 - 200Mb data-size limit, and have exhausted all my ideas on how to increase that limit further. My reasoning is that i have a gigabyte free memory on my machine, and want to use that to look at an array of at least 800mb. I know, it's a totally academic feature at the moment. But still, i would like feedback on how to increase the datasize limit to actual-free-RAM. If it's at all possible. I would greatly appreciat...

Hyperlink to page within same Publisher web page document
How do I create a hyperlink to a webpage within the same Publisher webpage document without that webpage showing up in the table of contents ledger on the home webpage? Do I create an additional webpage and delete that webpage reference from the table of contents links on the home page and other webpages? Any help would be most appreciated! When you Insert > Page uncheck "Add hyperlink to navigation bars". Then to add a link to that page from any other page, select text, object or picture, Insert > Hyperlink > Place in the This document. In the future, please post ...

Business Portal Browser Support
Hello, Is Business Portal supported for clients other than IE? I did read in a thread that Safari appears to not be supported. Firefox? Thanks David David, Business Portal is only supported on IE. There are some web parts within Business Portal that are dependent on IE. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dpalmer" wrote: > Hello, > > Is Business Portal supported for clients other than IE? I did read in a > thread that Saf...

p�gina web
�C�mo puedo crear una p�gina web? ...

Search the web button
When I click on the "search the web" button it sends me to msn.com to do my search. How can I change this to a different address? ...

Web sites called from isv.config to open in a new window
This is part of my isv.conf <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_1.gif" Title="Business Portal" Url="http://cpdata/businessportal" Id="navIsv1"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_1.gif" Title="CPSS Support" Url="http://Support.computer-plus.com" Id="navIsv2"/> </Home> What I'd like to do is open the web sites in a new window instead of in CRM and size the window so the browser buttons are there. Help is appreciated. Jeff, <NavBar> elements will appear in the frame adjacent to the...

The new CRM VPC "Cannot display web page"
I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch CRM. Neither through Outlook nor Web client. Any suggestions? Thank you! maybe you have an IP address conflict? Change the network settings within the virtual pc console to "local only" and restart the system. "Suzy" wrote: > I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection > and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch > CRM. Neither through Ou...