Last name, first name

I have a list with lastname, firstname in a cell.  I would
like to change it to firsname lastname.  Any clues?

officexp.

Thank you.
0
mm9644 (1)

Mich -

Insert a column after your name column, highlight the name
column, go to Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, select
comma, finish.  This will give you two columns, lastname,
firstname.  Insert a column before your lastname column.
Move the firstname column to the new column.  Your third
column should now be blank.  Enter in the formula
=CONCATENATE(,A1," ",B1)in the third column. This will put
your firstname space lastname in the third column.  Then
delete the first two columns.  There may be an easier way
to do this, but I know this works

Carole

0
carole5 (13)
9/15/2003 7:56:29 PM
Chip Pearson has a page on that topic look for it in his index at
     http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm
especially if you want a macro solution.
---
HTH,

"Mich" <mm@sm.com> wrote in message news:375801c37bbe$2b30b180$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a list with lastname, firstname in a cell.  I would
> like to change it to firsname lastname.  Any clues?
>
> officexp.
>
> Thank you.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

When printing note card, part of the first card is missing
I am trying to print note cards that I've created in publisher 2007. Although the sizes and placement are correct, the print preview and actual print cuts a small portion of the first card off. What page setup are you using? Are you using one of the templates? In Publisher 2007 it is better to use one of the page setups that is listed under Avery or some other company. If you are using a custom print setup, when you are finished creating your card, go to File, Print, setup the page again in this dialog. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

User name , Password prompt
CRM 3.0 , trying to install a new server in an Active Directory environment. When a user types http://crm , the server authenticates just fine based on Windows integrated security , but when they type the full domain name http://crm.pri.com it asks for user name and password (which works after user has supplied the same) . This causes problem with Outlook intergration as Outlook client doesn't prompt for the same instead just gives access denied message. Any clue , what I am missing ? I installed server on standard default web site on port 80. Thanks so much, Kishore Try add...

AR Statements not pulling in our company name & address
When we run statements through GP it is not pulling our company information to print on the statement. Everything appears to be set up properly and has worked fine in the past. I am told sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have reviewed all possible settings and everything looks proper. Any ideas? Thanks- I'm desperate to get statements out! Normally, on an unmodified report, you choose the address under Address ID on the Print Receivables Statements screen. This will give you a choice of all the addresses that you have set up for your Company. I can think of 2 rea...

How to get application handle name (show in tilte bar) from *.exe?
Q: When u open any application, then in tilte bar it show the handle name i need Example Program Input Output ---------------- -------- Notepad.exe - Notepad WinWord.exe - Microsoft Word WordPad.exe - WordPad i need,it should be work for any *.exe To specify the application name, you need either pass the desired name to CWinApp constructor: CYourApp::CYourApp() : CWinApp("name") { } or if not specified, to the resource string with the ID of AFX_IDS_APP_TITLE. If the application name is not found in the resourc...

What Will Be Your Last Post?
With the impending demise of the Microsoft newsgroups, we will all soon be making our last post. Time for all of us to think about what parting words we can leave as a legacy for future generations to treasure. I've been reading these newsgroups for well over 10 years, and have been a contributor for the last several years. At the beginning, I was as raw as a newbie gets, and I destroyed my copy of Windows 95 so much that Dell considered taking out a restraining order against me. Eventually I learned how to operate a computer well, thanks in no small measure to the help an...

renaming of the values on the x-axis (i.e. category names)
Say I have a row of values, I select them and I create a column chart. The names of the values on the horizontal axis (i.e. the name of each category) will be, since I did not provide data for them, integers: 1, 2, 3, ... Is there a simple way to rename each category (for example, have "Costs" instead of "1" etc), without having to create cells that have those names and then recreate the chart including those cells? Thanks. You don't need to recreate the chart. Select the first charted series and look in the formula bar: =SERIES(,,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$10,1) The form...

- The name could not be resolved
Article Q322832 describes this problem and the way to fix the error msg when outlook users are trying to add additional mailboxes. The exchange server has been configure to reflect this - reboot, but still getting the error msg below: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" It is not actual user permissions - as if the user opens the inbox via "file", "open" "other users folders". they can access to the inbox. Any ideas!! -- Paul ...

Saving Chart Names in Excel 2007
I saved an XLS file as an XLSX file without performing a conversion. After making changes to the workbook, the chart names will not save, they just revery back to the default "Chart1", "Chart2", etc. names. I followed these steps to change the names to no avail: When you create charts, Microsoft Office Excel assigns a default name to each chart by using the following naming convention: Chart1, Chart2, and so on. However, you can change the name of each chart to make it more meaningful to you. Click the chart that you want to rename. This displays the Chart Tools, ad...

Color of active drop-down arrow to the field name in the header row
The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? I've never seen a way. Margo wrote: > > The color of the active filter drop-down arrow is a deep blue which is difficult to identify from the inactive black ones. How do I change the color of the drop-down arrow? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

I Made $1.25 million last year alone, I'll show you how!!!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Tony Stevens and for many years I worked for other people on the daily grind. 9 - 5 and much longer hours for what now seems like very poor pay. I suppose looking back on it now, I didn't really know how trapped I was until I discovered an easy way to make money using Ebay and the Internet. Since then I haven't looked back and have been making money consistently. For a long time now, I have been developing a number of interesting methods that can realize lots of money both on and off ebay. I am now offering you the opportunity to do the same. Each me...

Display Name that E-Mail Recipients See
re: Outlook 2003 When I send e-mail to people, in the FROM FIELD, they only see my complete e-mail address. The e-mail address is NOT preceeded by a "friendly" display name, as one might expect. As per MS Office Online Assistance at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011507601033.aspx I have ensured that I have the friendly name I want showing in the YOUR NAME field under USER INFORMATION under TOOLS|E-MAIL ACCOUNTS. This does not solve the problem. I can temporarily solve it, per individual e-mail message, by selecting HAVE REPLIES SENT TO under MESSAGE OPTIONS a...

SQL Server Database Setup
-- My Form Solicits The Following: Type of Pet: (radio button selection) First Name (text) Last Name (text) Street Address (text/numeric) City (text) State (text) Zip Code: (numeric) Email: (text) Phone: (numeric) Name of Pet (Text) Age (numeric) Weight (numeric) Breed (text) Color (text) Gender (radio button selection) Spayed (radio button selection) Rabies Vacine (radio button selection) Pet Information (text box) Photo (upload) OptIn (Checkbox Yes/No) The SQL table CREATION TOOL at my host has the following columns KEY - Column - Type - Length - Prec. - Scale - N...

alt.windows7.general newsgroup
Reference Email Subject: Mysterious Message in Drafts Folder, by Grenou, dated Saturday, November 28, 2009, 5:43 AM., comment: "I subscribe to alt.windows7.general." Grenou, I would very much appreciate the name of the server for the alt.windows7.general newsgroup. I already subscribe to news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but could not find the alt.windows7.general newsgroup on either of these servers. Thanks for any help, Sam. Try aioe news server. "Sam" <scams@Remove This att.net> wrote in message news:ej3t87ScKHA.808@TK2MSFTN...

Suggest Name Error!
Suggest Name while completing TO, CC and BCC fields is not function properly...even this function been enabled in advanved email option. ...

recall last opened formview
Visual C++ ver 6 w/ SP6 WinXP SP1 I have a MDI app with five different formviews. I would like to recall the last opened formviews when the user runs the application. ie. User closes the app with formviews 1,3 and 5 open... Later on the user starts up the the app and formviews 1, 3 and 5 open automatically. Since these are CMultiDocTemplate and not CDocument I haven't been able to translate code I've found on the Internet for CDocument example MDI for my MDI formview application. Thanks, jon What does formview 1,3 and 5 mean? If these relate to an instance of a view of a spe...

Query about Last Cell reference.
I have 12 sheets, which holds monthly information. Data exists in Column A through K, row 1 down to row 500. I have a formula in cell AZ1 (done to ensure no one can find it and subsequently delete it). When I depress CTRL+END it takes me to AZ500 (as expected). The question I have is that as all my data is going to be in Columns A through K and rows 1 to 500, if I reset the Last Cell to say K500 would it achieve faster saves to a LAN?. Please note that the value from AZ1 is used in column G1 – G500. All views greatly appreciated. First, you can olnly "reset" the last cell ...

List value name in view
I have an associated view of a custom queue and I've added two columns to it Statecode and Priority. As soon as I click on the queue in CRM the view displays values 4 and 1 under the columns. Those are the picklist values of the record items. How do I get it to display the label name? ...

First hit to Reporting services is slow
Hello, [SQL2008] - version 10.0.2531 The first hit to our SQL2008 Reporting service is always very slow. Its a VMware and the total server memory is 7GB out of which we have reserved 4GB for SQLServer and 1.5GB for Reporting services. This is the entry snippet in rsreportserver config file: <MemorySafetyMargin>50</MemorySafetyMargin> <MemoryThreshold>75</MemoryThreshold> <WorkingSetMaximum>1572864</WorkingSetMaximum> <WorkingSetMinimum>1048576</WorkingSetMinimum> <RecycleTime>720</RecycleTime> S...

Range name confusion
I'm using Excel XP. I have a general question regarding range names. Suppose I have the following in a spreadsheet: Qty Price Sales 5 .75 =Quantity*Price 7 .80 =Quantity*Price 3 .50 =Quantity*Price .. .. etc. The first column is named "Quantity" and the second is named "Price". Column 'C' contains the formula "Quantity*Price". When I type the formula in 'C1' and copy it down, the formula works correctly, multiplying each value in column 'A' with the corresponding value in column &#...

Can I change line numer or column name
I'd like to change my line numbers to specific salespeople and column names to specific months. Does anyone know if thats possible and how to do it? Thanks Dave, you can't change the ones in excel but you can put your own in row 1 and column A, then you can hide the row and column headers if you want, tools options, view, uncheck row and column headers -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dave Bonneville&q...

Remembering User name and Domain when logging on
Hi there, I have setup outlook users that log onto domain A but take their user accounts and exchange server from Domain B. The users log into windows and when they load outlook are prompted for a user name, domain and password. (created in services/exchange server and turning of security) Problem is half of the machines dont remember the user name and domain, and the other half do! its not a version problem cos it happens with 97.04, 97.02 and 2000. I would perfair all users to just have to enter a password can anyone help? ...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

Replacing a subdirectory name in a macro
I am currently running a macro that every time I run the macro I have t replace the name of a subdirectory that a file is saving to. Is ther anyway I can name a cell in ecel that has the subdiectory's name store in it, and get the macro to accept that name in the address that th file is being saved to -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Dim TodaysFolder as String TodaysFolder=cells(1,1).value 'cell A1. You should add the workbook & sheet names to make 'sure it's the right one ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\thisfolder\andthatfloder\" & TodaysFolde...

how do you repeat the first column (field) on a multi-page report
In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? If I understand you correctly there isn't a clear method. You can copy the leftmost controls and paste them just to the right of the vertical page break. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JJ" wrote: > In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information > like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? JJ wrote: >In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first co...

POP3 server names
where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an e-mail account? From your ISP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "lisa law" <lisal@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23ao63%236KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > where do i find the outgoing and incoming server names to set up an > e-mail account? You get the correct ma...