Label of Number in a Range

I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label,
how do I return the label of the range where the data point fits?
For example,

ColA ColB ColC

5    10   Low
11   20   Medium
21   30   High

D1 has the value 13 how do I get E1 to return the label "Medium"

Thank you
0
webnntp (2)

Hi

Try:
=VLOOKUP(D1,A2:C4,3)

--
Andy.

"webnntp" <webnntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label,
> how do I return the label of the range where the data point fits?
> For example,
>
> ColA ColB ColC
>
> 5    10   Low
> 11   20   Medium
> 21   30   High
>
> D1 has the value 13 how do I get E1 to return the label "Medium"
>
> Thank you

0
andyb1 (494)
5/12/2004 3:28:24 PM
Works great thank you!!

"Andy B" <andyb@takethisbitout.dawsons.co.uk> wrote in message news:<uW2IGXDOEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> Try:
> =VLOOKUP(D1,A2:C4,3)
>
> --
> Andy.
>

> "webnntp" <webnntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label,
> > how do I return the label of the range where the data point fits?
> > For example,
> >
> > ColA ColB ColC
> >
> > 5    10   Low
> > 11   20   Medium
> > 21   30   High
> >
> > D1 has the value 13 how do I get E1 to return the label "Medium"
> >
> > Thank you
0
webnntp (2)
5/13/2004 1:43:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

--

> Works great thank you!!
>
> "Andy B" <andyb@takethisbitout.dawsons.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Try:
> > =VLOOKUP(D1,A2:C4,3)
> >
> > --
> > Andy.
> >

> > "webnntp" <webnntp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I have set a high and low range of values with a correponding label,
> > > how do I return the label of the range where the data point fits?
> > > For example,
> > >
> > > ColA ColB ColC
> > >
> > > 5    10   Low
> > > 11   20   Medium
> > > 21   30   High
> > >
> > > D1 has the value 13 how do I get E1 to return the label "Medium"
> > >
> > > Thank you

0
andyb1 (494)

Serial Number of MSCRM
Dear All, Anybody know serial number of MSCRM for Adventure Works Cycle for Sales module only and Service module only for Professional version? Because I only have suite version only. I need this only for demo. Because, I prefer to demo the client spesificly to what they need and what they want. Thank you, Frans. See the Installation Guide - there's a section on how to import the sample data - it's in there on the first page of that chapter. - (I don't have one with me otherwise, I'd just copy it into the email for you. - sorry) Scott. "Frans" <fransc@gawa...

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Multiple time ranges
I am trying to create a formula that will look up the time values and return a letter. Times are in column F. Must include seconds (as values does include seconds). 07:00:00 - 17:30:00 = "A" 17:31:00 - 00:30:00 = "B" 00:31:00 - 06:59:00 = "C" <as values does include seconds).> But you miss out whole minutes in your specications. Anyway, this should work, but do check your threshold values. Maybe you need to add a second or less than a second. Set up a table like this (in this example: A1:B4) 0:00:00 B 0:30:00 C 7:00:00 A 17:30:00 B With your time to l...

how to define range names
how do name cells so that I can see what the formula is calculating? Such as A1 * B1 = Final Price where A1 is price and B1 is discount so it reads in the final price cell as price * discount thanks in advance, A One quick way is to use the namebox (the droplist box just to the left of the "=" sign) In Sheet1, say: Select A1, then click inside the namebox, and type the name: price, then press ENTER Repeat to name cell B1 as: discount Then we could put in say C1: = price*discount The other (pe...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

How to gernerate invoice numbers in EXCEL?
Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice number every time I type a new name. See this... http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4790979B-FE32-4FED-A7B5-DD15C1B634A7@microsoft.com... > Have created an Invoice and am trying to generate a continous invoice > number > every time I type a new name. hi that can get tricky. see this site. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html regards FSt1 &qu...

Convert text numbers to number format
I have received a file that has a date column. However, the column is reading as text. I need to change the column so that the date reads as a number format. Any ideas? -- montagu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ montagu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314927 Right click and reformat as you want then click on cell and press F2 an enter to refresh data that should do the tric -- scottymellot --------------------------------------...

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Maximum number of Rules for mails
Hi, We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated in the Rules Wizard. When he try to add a new rule, he get an error saying that the rule cannot be created and that Outlook might not handle more rules. Is it possible to know the maximum of rules allowed to be activated in Outlook XP (2002)? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Martin If you use Exchange server, you are limited to 32k of server-side rules - this is not configurable. Simplify the rules or get rid of some. Martin Cote wrote: > Hi, > We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated &...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Address Labels in Access 2007?
I had no trouble creating labels in the previous version of Access, but I have problems with Access 2007. It makes me "jump through hoops" t open the old labels, from Access 97, what few there are that are left. I don't know how to create the database for the labels in ACcesss 2007. Help, please. Thanks on the Create ribbon in the Reports group there is an icon for Labels Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMV...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...

Results of formula vs real numbers
HI. How do you change a formula to read the value as a result of a formula and not necessarily as a real number? Example: In G6, i have the following formula that gives me the hour of a time in F6 =IF(F6>0,MOD(F6-"1:00",1),"") F6 contains 00:30:08, The result is 23 In another cell, I am using this formula, but it doesnt recognize the 23. =SUMPRODUCT(--(B6:B58331="james"),--(G6:G58331="23")) The 23 is actually the HOUR of time so it isn't a whole number or real number persay. It is a rounded time to the hour. Yes, but it isn't a text ...

excel number problems
why is it, that if i incert a number (say 0.8) into a cell in excel another number comes out instead of my original number(say 0.08) tools, options, edit (tab), remove check from fixed decimal places -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "excel man" <excel man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3D4586-C5D9-41F0-8D9A-94F0E959CD0C@microsoft.com... > why is it, that if i incert ...

Evaluate a Range
I would like to create a formula that looks at a range with a specified criterion and when it finds the first entry in that range that meets that criterion returns the position of that data in the range. For example, given the following data beginning in A1 and extending to D1: 5,7 ,8,11 I would like to create a formula that looks for a value greater than 10 in that range and then returns the number 4 to signify that it is the fourth entry in that range. Thanks as always for your help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Array enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RET...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

How can I change the date range in a calendar object
I have a newsletter that I created in Pub 2003 with a calendar on one page. I was able to click on the calendar, then use the "change date range" to change the month. When I upgraded to Office 2007, that capability is gone. How can I change the calendar without deleting the object and reinserting it for the new month? You can't. Unfortunately the wizards are gone in all the Design Gallery objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob N" <BobN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7893B67C-9B2D-4B79-B59C-244E7B0D274C@microsoft.com... >I...

Suggestion: Allow for the Project Number to be Changed on PO Line
When entering purchase order line items in GP 9, the user should be able to select a new project without deleting the record and entering a new record. -- Charles Allen, MVP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

HELP!
Unfortunately I don't think this is even possible... I ended up just copying the x-axis as a picture and moving it over to the right! Very primitive, but it works. -- nycexcelmonkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nycexcelmonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16256 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276580 ...

Auto Page Numbering Question
I have a 12 page pricelist. Recently we made changes to the last 4 pages of this sheet. I am not getting ready to have the last 4 pages printed and sent to my customers so that they can simply replace the last 4 pages, leaving the first 8 in tact. I copied the last 4 pages into a new book, and need the page numbers to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12 ect. However, because the pages are in a new book I can only figure out how to have it say 1 of 4, 2 of 4 and so on. Basically, I need to change the footer to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12, 11 of 12 and 12 of 12, but this is only a 4 page sheet. ...

Subtracting and multiplying tax numbers witht he IF function
Ok here is what i have i have created a payroll. now i need to add this: if pay is $0 - $95 deduct $0 plus 0c per dollar over 0 if pay is $96-$345 deduct $0 plus 20c per dollar over 96 if pay is $346-$480 deduct $63 plus 25c per dollar over 346 if pay is $481-$672 deduct $96 plus 40c per dollar over 481 if pay is $673-$961 deduct $183 plus 47c per dollar over 673 if pay is $962+ deduct $308 plus 48c per dollar over 962 And make it automatically deduct from the Gross Income. I have tried this =IF(C4>300,C4<400,(C4-43)*0.36,IF(C4>401,C4<500,(C4-60)*0.45,IF(C4>501,<600,(C4...

Auto Increment from a one number table
Hi All, I want to be able to auto increment a number, but I don't wan to use the AutoInc feature of Access due to problems that i forsee when i have to reset the number in the future. What is the best way to do this? Can you post some example? or website that may have this information? Thanks for answering. You can use the DMax function (you'll find info on it in your Access help file) to return the maximum existing number, and then add one to it. However, it depends on what you mean by *reset the number*. If you plan on deleting all the existing records and starting over...

Wide data range
I am charting rainfall for 4 cities over 12 months. 3 of the cities have ranges between 0-6mm of rain per month but the 4th city has ranges of 0-55mm of rain. when i chart this either as a bar or line graph because of the disparate range it is very hard to see the data. any suggestions? In article <6A2D7375-29FF-4E66-AD99-012D6DE723FE@microsoft.com>, chasida@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am charting rainfall for 4 cities over 12 months. 3 of the cities have > ranges between 0-6mm of rain per month but the 4th city has ranges of 0-55mm > of rain. when i chart this ...