Label a button from a cell content

Hello,

Using Excel 97, is their a way to aquire the label for a button from
cell on a different worksheet?  :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Sp

--
spyrul
spyrule's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2548

Summing the numbers in a cell that conyains text
Hi...i need to add the numbers in several cells but the cells als contain text....how can i sum these numbers with out deleting the tex firs -- klatla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- klatlap's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1290 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31936 Hi could you provide some examples of your data. e.g. - is the number in the middle, the beginning or end of this cell - fixed position of the numeric part - etc. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &...

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! I...

Setting calculated labels
I want to set calculated values on a sencondary axis in a simple linediagram. On the left side of the diagram the axis values are 100 50 0 -50 -100 On the right side I want to set my calculated values, for example 10 125 infinite (correct ???) -125 -10 at the same position as the left. Any idea, how I can solve this problem. Thanks. Henning Henning Winkler wrote: > I want to set calculated values on a sencondary axis in a simple > linediagram. > > On the left side of the diagram the axis values are > > 100 > 50 > 0 > -50 > -100 > > On the right side...

Automatically filling a cell from a worksheet based on a selection
I have an invoice form in which I would like to automatically insert the price based on the item selection in another cell. My data is a small table, 2 columns one for item, one for price. On my invoice for, I am able to select my item from a drop down box, now I would like to automatically fill the price column based on the item selection. What formula or function do I need to use. Use VLOOKUP() -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Pbrent" wrote: > I have an invoice form in which I would like to automatically insert the > price based on the item...

Permanent Delete Button?
To permanently delete a message from your Inbox you need to press Shift and Delete. Then hit enter for yes on the pop up. Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to add another button to the tool bar that would just automatically delete a message. So it would work kind of like the current delete button, except when clicked it would just permanently delete the message. If this could be set up without the annoying 'Are you sure you want to proceed" message, then all the better. Thanks. -- Dimes Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced Options...-&g...

how can I use bullets in an excel cell?
Hold down alt and type 0149 on the numpad It's not formatting like in Word just a bullet looking character -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F23FB76B-E004-46BF-BE76-9BF68E6E3762@microsoft.com... > ...

Skipping cells while reorganizing data
Everyday I take five sample of a chimical product. I take the reading for temperature and conductivity on the controller and then use excel to calculate solid ratios. The 5 samples give 5 different ratios. I then make the average of these 5 ratios in a merged 5 cells. I end up with 5 cells contening the same conductivity value, 5 cells contening the same temperature value and 5 cells merge in one contening the average ratio. I want to reorganize the data so I have one conductivity value, one temperature value and the average ratio. Is there a formula I can use to select one cell, the...

Radio Button multiple selections
Hey, I have a form with 20 individual unbound radio buttons (Options). What I want to do is allow users to select any one or many of the option buttons and produce a query or table that will display data relitive only to the choices they made. The table in question that my current query is tied to has all 20 elements in it and this does not seem to be the way to go (Because everthing shows up and the items they do not select just have blank data). I'm sure there must be some code or a report generator that would carry out this task. -- NGNN Submarines (Mark) Pleas...

Sort cells with same text descending
hi, Need some help with a spreadsheet which has the following setup aaa 111 bbb 223 ccc 345 ddd 564 ddd 123 Now what i need to do is have the highest similar text cells descending. i.e ddd 123 ddd 564 aaa 111 bbb 223 ccc 345 I would like the individual rows to be shifted in this order also, not just column A and B. Any guidance in the right direction would help! Thanks, T-DHM =) -- T-DHM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T-DHM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30136 Vi...

over 65500 cells?
Hallo everybody! Any idea if it�s possible to get more then 65500 cells out of excel or is it impossible? Sweden -- Sweden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sweden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27322 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468912 Excel has 16,777,216 cells (65,536 rows by 256 columns) per sheet. If you want more ROWS (on one sheet)... the simple answer is NO, not possible. Good Luck -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------...

how to count characters in a cell
Is there a non-vba formula to count specific characters in a cell? (ie A1=BILL, B1 shows the result 2 for a formula counting L's in A1) Thank you =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"L","")) Or, if mixed case, Dave Peterson says =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(LOWER(A1),"l","")) Rgds, Andy Neat. Thank you. Bill "Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:#uE1hIkeDHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"L","")) > > Or, if mixed case, Dave Peterson says > > =LEN(...

find and replace does not work in a linked cell
I have a column in a worksheet that contains links to other cells within the same workbook, i.e. formula is ='lease Aug 2005'!F20. I want to perform a find on Aug and replace it with Sept (to update the cells with September's information) but am having no luck. It keeps looping into an "Update Values" dialog box. The workbook was originally created in Excel 2000 and I am now using Excel 2003. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Hi Judith- You're definitely on the right track, but you're missing one key ingredient. Before you use Find & Replace,...

copy part of cell contents to another column
I have an Excel sheet in which one of the columns contains e-mail addresses. I'd like to add a new column that contains the domain portion of the e-mail address (so basically anything after the @ sign), and keep the original column in tact. Is this possible? If so how? Thanks!! If the addresses start in A2, put this in the new column: =MID(A2, SEARCH("@", A2)+1, 999) -- TedMi "Glenn" wrote: > I have an Excel sheet in which one of the columns contains e-mail addresses. > > I'd like to add a new column that contains the domain portion of the e-m...

Cell size
I am trying to paste HTML code into a cell. When I do the size of the cell increases so I can't see the rest of my table. Also the HTML doesn't show up but the web page itself Can you please tell m 1)How to keep the shape of the cel 2) How I can view only the HTML and not the webpag Thank you in advance Dick, don't know if I can help you with (1), but if you want to paste HTML code into a cell, select the cell, type an apostrophe ('), press Ctrl-V, then Enter. (Later on you can press F2 to edit the cell and delete the apostrophe if you want). DDM "DDM's Microsoft ...

date cell format
i am working with an external data set (european) in which the date cell is formatted as this: dd.mm.yy when i sort by date, excel does not recognize the format and thus the initial sort is by day instead of by month. is there a way to fix this or get around it so i can sort by date and the result will be sequential? thanks! acb I'm not sure what's happening for you...but I have 10 cells with custom format of dd.mm.yy When I sort them, they do sor sequentially...I'm using Windows 2000 and Office XP. Wish I could be more of a help. Good luck, Dave M -- Message posted from http...

populate month-yyyy when compare 2 cells
Dear Forum, I have a scenario where I need to compare 2 date cells. When cell1 empty then take cell2 and format the date month-yyyy in cell3. When cell1 not empty then take cell1 date and format the date month-yyyy in cell3. i need advise how can i do that and create macro to automate the change. example c d e 20100220 feb-2010 c d e 20100521 20100220 may-2010 Hi Try =IF(COUNT(C1:D1), IF(C1,TEXT(DATE(LEFT(C1,4),MID(C1,5,2),1),"mmm-yyyy"), TEXT(DATE(LEFT(D1,4),MID(D1,5...

Cells that don't auto go back?
I will edit a cell by taking some info out and then I have a cell with 100 points of space and I only need 14 because I'm doing 14 point fonts. So I do a text wrap and the info just jumps up and down but the cell won't auto adjust. Is there a way to adjust the cell without doing it manualy. because if I have to do this to a dozen cells manualy it can be a pain. I hope I explained my problem otherwise just ask because this is really bugging me. Set the cells to wrap text and the rows to autofit. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:40:01 -0800, lostsoul62...

How do I do a vertical merge of cells in a column?
Select your range in the column format|cells|alignment tab check Merge Cells PAM wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Transfer cell data from one worksheet to another === URGENT
bello ALL, I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. Thanks, Raj Please stay in your thread You have an answer there already -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "rajesh" <rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DFD6622-7C55-4E29-9D2A-7E3F7B4BD2DC@microsoft.com... > bello ALL, > > I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to > another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. > > Thanks, Raj ...

How do I unlock a cell in a page set up for pricing? changefactor
I have a cd from a vendor from which I price items. I was able to change the factor up unitl the other day. I change the factor so the pricing will reflect cost or retail. I do not know what the heck is wrong. Please, someone help me "Unable to Change Factors in Excel" wrote: > I have a cd from a vendor from which I price items. I was able to change the > factor up unitl the other day. I change the factor so the pricing will > reflect cost or retail. I do not know what the heck is wrong. Please, someone > help me Could you possibly give a bit more detail as to wh...

How to set text property of a check box to value of a cell?
I am building an Excel template. It has one worksheet with data (called "data") and many worksheets with craphics, built from the "data" sheet. One sheet with radar-type chart has number of check boxes which control hiding/unhiding columns. When a cloumn is hided, it does not produce a line on radar chart or a bar on bar charts. In the legend area user can see names of all series (=columns), used to build charts. But check boxes have their texts hard coded. I need to code a subroutine, which will be executed when a sheet with radar chart will open. It should assign...

Activation Button and Key... PLZ NEED HELP ASAP
I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and everything went great until after I Copied the Key to put in the activation Part to Paste the key (like the instructions told me to). The problem is that when I click the activation key it does nothing. When I right click and force it to open, it comes up website not found, but yet my internet is working fine. Another tip said to turn off your firewall and then it will open. Have any sugestions? Chelsea27 wrote: > I got a 60 day free trial of Microsoft office and student 2007 addician and >eve...

fairly easy (i thought) copy and paste cells, increment by 17 accross
Hi, I have a spreadsheet, that has on the first page data in J1,K1,L1 J2,K2,L2 J3,....... ...

Enter, tab, arrow keys aren't allowing me to move to other cells
I have a multi page worksheet with functions throughout. It has one sheet of inputs, other sheets hidden, input & answer sheets are protected. The Input sheet, several cells are available to input. Yesterday I could move around with the enter key, tab, and arrows. Today for some reason, the enter, tab, and arrow keys will not move me around. I made sure all input cells and function formatted linked cells are unlocked and unprotected. I have to click into another cell to move. ***I reboot, and the keys still don't work.*** I have been through all the options settings, can't find t...

Formatting columns to "hug" content... how?
Can someone tell me how to auto-format columns so that they are large enough to display all content, but not 1 px more? In other words, I need for the columns to "hug" the text content. Thanks. Select the entire column In XL 2007: Home ribbon, Format, Autofit column width Earlier versions: Format, Column, Autofit selection This will size the column width to the widest content currently in that column. However, this is not a dymanic setting - in other words, if you add some content that is wider, the column does not expand; if you reduce the length of the widest content, th...