kill formatting brought over from reports

When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access
Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons
stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming
over.  Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done
weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button
produces some custom symbol, for example).
I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will
work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change
when it receives a spreadsheet?
0
widman (34)

I think you have better control if you import data to excel as opposed to
have another program export it, or export it to text or CSV then import it
to excel (haven't used crystal reports so I don't know if that's possible)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"widman" <widman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access
> Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format
buttons
> stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be
coming
> over.  Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done
> weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button
> produces some custom symbol, for example).
> I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons
will
> work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change
> when it receives a spreadsheet?

0
terre081 (3244)
1/6/2006 3:42:31 PM
Not possible from the program, as it filteres and generates the report,
giving me the ability to show it on screen or send to excel, word, etc.
Also I can't control what other's send me, but need to fix them.  In my own
companies I can tell people to format my way or else, but I can't tell
suppliers and customers, but need to work with the numbers once I have them.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> I think you have better control if you import data to excel as opposed to
> have another program export it, or export it to text or CSV then import it
> to excel (haven't used crystal reports so I don't know if that's possible)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "widman" <widman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access
> > Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format
> buttons
> > stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be
> coming
> > over.  Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done
> > weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button
> > produces some custom symbol, for example).
> > I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons
> will
> > work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change
> > when it receives a spreadsheet?

0
widman (34)

Number formatting #11
I have a spreadsheet where the number format in column F keeps changing back to short date format when it gets re-calced.. The formula isn't complex. = IF(C3=0,0,E3/C3) C3 and E3 are formatted as general numbers. everytime the sheet calc's, Column f (which should be formatted as %,) goes back to m/d/yyyy format. Very strange.. Any ideas? Suggest you try the formula: = E3 / (C3+0.00001) "TomHinkle" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where the number format in column F keeps changing back > to short date format when it gets re-calced.. > > The formula is...

"Show or hide formatting marks" availability in OneNote
Can NOT locate in OneNote (2010-beta) a "Show or hide formatting marks" or paragraph marker, as found in Word (2010-beta). Advice, please. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Can NOT locate in OneNote (2010-beta) a "Show or hide formatting marks" or > paragraph marker, as found in Word (2010-beta). Advice, please. OneNote is no word processor SW. Bernd Bernd is exactly right - no such feature exists in OneNote because it doesn't really have paragraph markers the way Word does. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & T...

Changing the X/Z/ZZ Reports
Are there customized X/Z/ZZ Reports out there? For starters, I'd like to be able to do a break down of the "Discounts" instead of one total. I use several different "REASON Codes" for the discounts. Is it possible modify these reports to show each Discount Reason Code and its corresponding amount that day? Please help my bookkeeper is killing me! :-D David There is no way of doing what you ask with the X/Z or even the ZZ reports, it is a limitation of the receipts. You could instead run a report to show this information. The Detailed Sales Report has the D...

Sales Tax Analysis Report Tax Exempt Problem
I have a strange problem with the sales tax analysis report. Background/Settings: On a VAT system, some items are taxable, some not. Assign tax tables by item NO customers are set to tax exempt Items are either assined Item Tax VAT or <none> I ran sales tax analysis report, and my numbers do not make sense. Here is what the report looks like for a monthly timeframe (figures rounded): TaxCode Tax authority Total Sales Taxable Sales Tax Exempt Non Tax Tax Co N/A Non-Taxable 138,188 0 0 28.661 0 VAT VAT ...

Filtering and Grouping Report data based on option group
I have a report with a bar chart. I want to be able to print a seperate report for each of three categories. The user will select the category they want to print using an option group. I have included a grouping level on the report to seperate the category graphs on each sheet. This works when I open the report directly (all records show), and i get three nice charts showing the data specific to each category on its own page. The issue is when I try to pass the category name using the option group on the other form. I get a blank page. I suspect this has to do with the grouping...

The format of the e-mail address is incorrect #2
I have a new Exchange 2003 SP2 server in the same admin group as an existing Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The new server can send email to anybody on the older server, but the old server can not send email to anybody on the new server. The error that the user on the old server gets back is: Joe Test on 3/7/2007 10:51 PM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <exchvs.internal.domain #5.1.3> The user that is on the new server does appear in the GAL o...

ACC2000: Can't use Replace() in Control Source of report
Hi, I have a report in Access 2000. In a Control source of a text box I have: =Trim(replace(UCase([LIST5]),"PER BOX","")). Access does not recognize the replace function. Am I missing a reference here? How do I fix this? LIST5 is my actual field and I want to remove the string "PER BOX" from LIST5 if it exists. Thanks. Are you fully patched and updated for your 2000 ACCESS program? ACCESS 2000 did not recognize Replace function in queries and expressions until SP3, I believe. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "A Man" <uce@ftc.g...

Question about report
I have data as below: Discription Amount ------------ --------- 20ABC123 100 20ABC234 150 40ABC123 100 40ABC234 200 20BCD123 250 20BCD234 100 40ABC123 150 40BCD123 100 Report Result Discription Vol Amount ------------ ---- ---------- ABC 5 700 BCD 3 450 Tks U very much for help! Tom In the query on which your report is based, create a new field as follows--- LetterKey: =Mid(DescriptionField, 3,3) Use th...

Table of Authorities Format
Is there any way to get a table of authorities to use the formatting of the original text? Case names are marked in italics but the TOA creates them in roman. (There is a check box to keep original formatting when creating the TOA but it apparently does not correct this problem) On Nov 28, 7:35=A0pm, "faceman28...@yahoo.com" <faceman28...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to get a table of authorities to use the formatting > of the original text? > > Case names are marked in italics but the TOA creates =A0them in roman. > > (There is a che...

Change the automatic classification format ?
Hi, The default format quote is "XXXX-0000-XXXXXX". But we don't need the suffix. Is it possible to change this auto format, or to give another value to the suffix, as the name or the initials of the user who create the quote ? If it's possible, I use the same way for the orders. Maybe changes are possible in the SQL tables ? Thanks for your help. ...

ddd format to 'text' field
I have a column of data formatted as ddd for custom, Wed, for example. I created another column to copy the data into, for charting purposes, and want it to appear as 'Wed' in text format, not 6/13/2005 as it is in the other column. Any suggestions? =text(a1,"ddd") rrupp wrote: > > I have a column of data formatted as ddd for custom, Wed, for example. I > created another column to copy the data into, for charting purposes, and want > it to appear as 'Wed' in text format, not 6/13/2005 as it is in the other > column. Any suggestions? -- Da...

Report one value out of a range
Hello everyone. I have the following scenerio that I sure could use some help on: A B C D E 1 Mike tools Sam tools 2 Tom bike 3 Mike bed 4 5 Sam tools ab2 6 Sam bike ab3 7 Sam bed ab4 8 Tom tools ab5 9 Tom bike ab6 10 Tom bed ab7 11 Mike tools ab8 ab8 12 Mike bike ab9 13 Mike bed ab10 Cells A1 & B1 are each list boxes, drawing from the lists on D1,2&3 and E1,2&3. In cell D5 I have the formula: =IF(AND(A5=$A$1,B5=$B$1),C5,"") This formula also exists in cells...

Items past due report for Sales Orders
We are currently using D-GP v9.0 and I need to know if there is a report that I can create via SmartList (or other method) that will tell me which line items on an order are NOT going to be here in time based on the Purchase Order's Promised Ship date vs the Sales Orders Requested Ship Date for that exact line item? Would we need the SmartList Builder module to make this work? We are not currently using the Manufacturing Module either - is that another module that would make this report available? Thank you ...

Anyone have a printable quote report they want to share?
Why build if someone is willing to share??? ;) Does anyone have a quote/order/invoice printable report they are willing to share for me to use as a baseline for developing ours? Thanks in advance. Jake ...

Restricting Access database users from seeing Switchboard Reports
I have assigned four AccessLevels to my database. I only want those with Admin - AccessLevelID 4 to be able to view the reports on the Switchboard. I've tried to write the code, with no luck. I've tried different Event Properties etc. On my Switchboard Items fields, Switchboard ID is 4, ItemNumber is 0, ItemText is Reports, Command is 0 and Argument is blank. upload If AccessLevelID = 4 Then Me.[Argument].[4].Visible = True Else Me.[Argument].[4].Visible = False End If On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:02:01 -0800, Pedw4220 <Pedw4220@discussions.microsoft....

First report question. How to have a header for a groups details?
I'm new to report services and have a simple report for my first report but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it laid out properly I have simple data with 4 fields. I want to group on one of the fields....lets call that field Case I'd like the layout of the report to look something like this. Case: 12343 header2 header3 header4 field2 field3 field4 field2a field3a field4a field2b field3b field4b Case: 12556 header2 header3 header4 field2 field3 field4 f...

Current Month Expenses Report vs Budget
I am confused why after I set up my budget and it seems to all be correct that I go to the final screen "Review You Current Budget Status" in MD 2004 and see the line under the budget period of "Expenses: Current Month" budgeted different than what I just set. If I go back though the edit budget my original numbers balance. Where is it getting this number from, which is $1300 more than what I budgeted. I have remade my budget numerous times and still cannot figure out where this number is coming from. Thanks I haven't heard from anyone else who can figure it out eit...

What denotes a month in cell format?
I have a list, 3,4,6,7,8,10,12. I want to apply a cell format which will result in months, that is, March, April, June, July, August, October, December. What should be specified? Thanks Not possible using formats, you would need a formula like =INDEX({"January";"February";"March";"April";"May";"June";"July";"August";"September";"October";"November";"December"},MATCH(A1,{1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12},0)) but it is not possible to format a cell with 10 to return October ...

creating a report from a table, pivot table not suitable
hi I have data table with 7 headings, the cell of each row contains a project code and there are multipule project codes. By means of a drop down list (list of the project codes) I wish to be able to create adhoc pre-formatted MIS reports that show only the details of the rows for the selected project code. I know I could use filters but the reports are on a differant sheet to the table and needs to be included with other data to be printed. To push my luck, is it possible because there is a worksheet and so table for each calander month is it possible for the "repor...

Find and replace
Hi, I'm having a problem with "find and replace" With Italics. If my cell is a mixture of italics and regular font text and I do a find and replace of a single word, it automatically changes the formatting to all italics. Does anyone have a solution for these problems? I have searched HELP and I have searched the Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office web sites. NOTHING is discussed on this formatting problem. HELPPPP!!!! Thanks. Save your file and then try this find and replace macro. The macro checks the first character of the word/phrase to be changed. If this i...

Date format when exporting data from Sage Line 50 into Excel
I've exported loads of bank transactions from Sage Line 50 V11 into Excel, and want to sort by transaction date. I dimly remember that I need to transform the Sage dates from text by the use of DATEVALEU, but cant seem to get the syntax. Any suggestions, please? Averil Can you post a snippet of your Sage data please? Ian >-----Original Message----- >I've exported loads of bank transactions from Sage Line 50 V11 into Excel, >and want to sort by transaction date. I dimly remember that I need to >transform the Sage dates from text by the use of DATEVALEU, but cant ...

Formatting for credit card number input
I have a cell in which the user will input a credit card number and I want it to display a format based on the type of card. So Visa / MC should be "#### - #### - #### - ####" but Amex should be "####-######-#####" - the user will choose the type of card in another cell so what's the most effective way to conditionally format the input to display properly based on the card type? Excel's maximum precision is 15 digits. So to handle 16 digits, you need to use text, not numbers. Therefore formatting will not help you. You can format with a formula somet...

Fixed Asset Report Printing
When I print FA Inventory List report, or for that matter any report from fixed asset module to cannon printers, the font on the report seem to overlap each other but the same report would print fine on HP printers!. Also, all other reports in GL/AP/AR module print fine even to cannon printer. Is this a printer setting issue or FA report issue and how to fix it. thanks in advance ...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #4
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions ...

Can you format a button?
Hi, Is it possible to format a button so that it isn't a dull grey square! Thanks, Mark. -- mevetts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490153 Mark, If it is a Command Button (ActiveXControl) you can change the background, font etc... Enter design mode, right click on the Command Button and select Properties. Change the Back Color, Font etc... If it is a Form Button, you can onl...