Keyboard sticks when pressing down arrow.

When I press the down or up arrows on the keyboard, if I hold them down, the cursor doesn't move. I have to press the key repeatedly to make the cursor move down the page. It moves just one cell every time I press it. I'm sure I was able to move more freely in Windows 95 (I'm now using XP)
0
anonymous (74722)

Brian

is that just in Excel or is it the same for everything.  If it's everything,
check the keyboard settings in Control Panel.

Regards

Trevor

"Brian R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I press the down or up arrows on the keyboard, if I hold them down,
the cursor doesn't move. I have to press the key repeatedly to make the
cursor move down the page. It moves just one cell every time I press it. I'm
sure I was able to move more freely in Windows 95 (I'm now using XP)

0
Trevor9259 (673)

Symbols on the keyboard are not the symbols on the screen....
When I'm in Excel I must be hitting a key combination that creates havoc for me. Everything will be working fine and out of nowhere when I try to choose a symbol using the Shift + any number key....I get some wierd symbol instead of the symbol on the keyboard. In order to stop this I have to close out of Excel completely and come back in and it's fine. Is there Any way I could undo what I did without closing Excel? AND Do you know what I did to cause it to do that? Hi Lisha I had the same problem because I use two different language "French & English"...

Stick with Novell or move to Microsoft?
My school district has been using Novell products from some time. We have 4 Netware 6.5 file servers, Bordermanager with integrate content filter (BESS), and Groupwise 7. We have about 1300 workstations on campus, about 3/4 Windows based and 1/4 Mac. For a variety of reasons, over the next 2 months we will be assessing whether we stay with Novell products or migrate to Microsoft products for our back office needs. A few of the reasons for us even to contemplate this move: 1. We are in the midst of wireless network install and would like to use 802.1x authentication on the wireless side. The o...

Can't copy the whole bar chart with Block Arrows over the last cou
I developed a bar chart diagram with 10 bars in it. I covered these bars with Block Arrows that I copied from AutoShapes. The chart looks fine and can be printed correctly. But when I tried to copy the chart to a WORD document or to my email, the last 2 bars will show up without the Block Arrows. The front 8 bars are fine. Is there anything that I can do to correct this error? Thanks, Jon ...

Reading keyboard's key names (Internalization)
Hi all! I'm trying to make my little app "international-aware" and I'm using the GetKeyNameText() function to retrieve the name of a key. The function works good in getting the key names based on the current keyboard layout. The reason I'm doing this is because users of my app will be able to access the settings to customize the program's hotkeys, so I would like to display these in the user's language. For example, the following key name retrieval work: GetKeyText(vbKeyControl ) -> "Ctrl" GetKeyText(vbKeyShift ) -> "...

Remove Arrow
Dear Expert, Got system generated files ... <.HSI> <0941.HK> <2828.HK> Is there any functions that can let me capture the content only? That is no "<" and ">" ... Thanks Elton Elton Law wrote: > Dear Expert, > Got system generated files ... > <.HSI> > <0941.HK> > <2828.HK> > > Is there any functions that can let me capture the content only? > That is no "<" and ">" ... > Thanks > Elton =MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)-2) Hi Elton Law You could use >Find &...

My keyboard is locked up in a Word Document
I can't backspace or type any letters or numerals in a word document but the keyboard works fine in excel, etc. If this happens in new, blank documents, exit Word and rename the normal.dot file (normal.dotm if you are using Word 2007). To find the file, you can search for it in Windows; be sure to search hidden files and folders. If this happens with a particular document, only, it might be protected or possibly corrupt. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "SK Teacher" <SK Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CC9DD4-BE35-4E4C-B45...

Enter, tab, arrow keys aren't allowing me to move to other cells
I have a multi page worksheet with functions throughout. It has one sheet of inputs, other sheets hidden, input & answer sheets are protected. The Input sheet, several cells are available to input. Yesterday I could move around with the enter key, tab, and arrows. Today for some reason, the enter, tab, and arrow keys will not move me around. I made sure all input cells and function formatted linked cells are unlocked and unprotected. I have to click into another cell to move. ***I reboot, and the keys still don't work.*** I have been through all the options settings, can't find t...

how do I move cursor without tab, enter or arrow in Excel
If I have set the data validation to a length of 1 character, or conditionally formatted the cell to be a number of 9 or less, is there then a way to make the cursor advance after typing the one character in the cell WITHOUT having to Tab, Enter or hit one of the arrow keys? JL, In a word, no. Excel goes into Enter (or Edit) mode, and stays there until one of those keys (or cell click in some situations) is used. Event macros do not fire. You could put together your own UserForm (instead of typing directly into the worksheet), and the text boxes could be made to behave as you w...

Drop down arrow missing from pivot table
Hi, When I go back to a pivot table I have set up, the drop down arrow within all the fields disappears. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these? Is there some kind of function to turn this on/off? the table has not been cut/pasted - i can still move the boxes around, and using version 2000 thanks ...

Excel Keyboard shortcuts
In an earlier post to this news group was the following To enter today's date hit CRTL + ; For current time hit CRTL + SHIFT + ; Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 Is there a web site or comprehensive listing somewhere that details available Excel Keyboard shortcuts? Thanks Tom Chip Pearson has a list on his site: www.cpearson.com P "Tom" <tomyrush@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message news:3hrtgv8sjhdnphtfh3fhvf2e2ksj0g1085@4ax.com... > In an earlier post to this news group was the following > > To enter today's date hit CRTL + ; For cur...

When replying, I press send and get an error message.
When I am replying to an email. I press send and I get an error message that says it could not be sent. object missing. How do i fix thins so I can send messages out of outlook? I would appreciate help! :) -- Trisha ...

capturing the keyboard keys
hi, i have to capture the message which are rasied when ever there key press occur on keyboard.i have to catch that message and process it and send it back as usual for exmaple: if in keyboard we press" k" then we have to find it and transform as "L" and transform to what ever current application. How can i do that one by, koti "Koti" <koti@nannacomputers.com> wrote in message news:%23jeS8MIiFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > hi, > > i have to capture the message which are rasied when ever there key > press occur on keyboard.i...

Insert button on keyboard
Is there any way to stop this button from functioning? I'm sure there are many people who do need the ability to type over what has been written (if that needs to be done, just select the text you want to go, and press Delete). Its just a constant annoyance finding you've accidentally hit the Insert key and then typed over a few characters, having to undo, press Insert again, continue, etc. Thanks in advance, Alain "Alain Dekker" <alain.dekker@NO.SPAM.loma.com> wrote in message news:uTdBd1i2KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any w...

Arrow keys #3
I am using Excel 97 and for some reason my arrow keys now control the scroll bars instead of moving the cell selection point. Is this a setup option somewhere? Thanks Fred Fred, Check your scroll lock key to see if it is engaged. If so, this will cause the arrow keys to scroll instead of moving from cell to cell. HTH, Paul "Fred" <leavemealone@home> wrote in message news:OluucXHuDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97 and for some reason my arrow keys now control the scroll > bars instead of moving the cell selection point. > Is this a setup optio...

Keyboard Shortcut to toggle b/w Find and Replace and Active Worksheet?
Hi: I open the Find and replace Dialogue Box using CTRL+F and then enter the value I am looking for. Excel moves the cursor to the cell in question with the found value. Is there anyway to then use the keyboard to move from the dialogue box into the actual worksheet, without having to mouse click back into the open file? It seems there has to be some type of way to use the keyboard to move from the Find Dialogue box without using the mouse. I hope I am being clear on what I am trying to do, it seems very simple yet I cannot figure out what keyboard command to use to basically select the Exce...

Using drop-down lists with keyboard #2
(Sorry for the double-post, first post went to wrong group) I am having trouble implementing drop-down lists in a way that is easy for a user who is using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Standard combo-box controls on forms are great - a user can tab into the field, type the first few letters of the value they want, then tab on out to the next field in the form. Maybe 5% of the time an experienced user might need to actually drop-down the list to find the value they want. I want this same ability in a worksheet cell. The combobox form control supports this (with MatchEntry = fmMatchEntryC...

Pressing CAPS LOCK show me Activity Panel
Hallo, in Excel, sometimes, when I press CAPS LOCK button on my Logitech keyboard the application show me Activity Panel. Why ? It's very boring Please help me, thanks to all ...

How to avoid the Beep when Enter key is pressed in CEdit control
This is a not-multiline CEdit control. I don't want that when I press Enter key, control to beep. I tried by using OnKeyDown event without calling the default handler, but it didn't work. Thanks Jaime "Jaime Stuardo" <jstuardo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:eJCIlEDcDHA.1580@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > This is a not-multiline CEdit control. I don't want that when I press Enter > key, control to beep. I tried by using OnKeyDown event without calling the > default handler, but it didn't work. Try a WM_CHAR handler either instead or in addition... ...

Factory pressed dvd movies, ps2, psp & xbox backups for sale !!!
We're offering all the latest factory pressed high quality dvd movies, ps2, psp and xbox silvers with factory printed colour inserts at fantastic prices, whether for personal use or reselling. We're shipping worldwide with various shipping methods. For resellers, please contact us for bulk discounts. For a complete list and prices, please email us at glory@spankthedonkey.com (Please state the type of list that you want and tell us your location as the prices varies for different locations. If you're reseller, please state the quantity you wish to order per shipment and we'll ...

Mini Hockey Sticks
Franklin NHL Set of 2 Mini Hockey Goals Price:$39.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000O15GSG Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000O15GSG Mylec Hockey Pro Style Mini Goal Set Price:$19.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000H95WB6 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000H95WB6 Stiga NHL Stanley Cup Hockey Table Game Price:$129.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0000YQVFE Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000YQVFE Franklin NHL Mini Hockey Goal Set Price:$24.99 Image: http://bestdea...

Pressing rhe Print button brings up a "Save As" dialog box.
I'm using Win'XP and Office 2003. Pressing the print button in Excel brings up a "Saved As" dialog box. Rebooting doesn't change a thing. Following through on the "Save As" dialog box doesn't lead anywhere. Been using Excel for months and never saw anything like it. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You got a few replies when you first posted this. Don J wrote: > &g...

drop down arrows only show up when in the field
Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that field? I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down versus free text. Thanks for your help. No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields. If you change the template to display a userform (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) and just insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform do always show the arrow by default (althoug...

Is there a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word?
As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:22:01 -0800, what the heck <what the heck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is >opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm >not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. You ...

using dashes and the arrow key
If I hit the dash key and then press the right arrow, it wants to do a subtration calculation, I only want the dash, I know if I hit the tab it will not do this, but is there a way to hit the dash and then the right arrow, and not have it do a calculation? Thanks any help would be great Precede with an apostrophe '- (won't be visible in the cell) Regards, APeo Sjoblom "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B709C270-DC89-40ED-920D-ABA712BD76BA@microsoft.com... > If I hit the dash key and then press the right arrow, it wants to do a ...

How so I navigate in Excel with arrow keys?