Keeping Running Totals?

Greeting.  I have a spreadsheet that I have created for a flight lo
that totals aircraft hours and things like that.

The sheet I created is file named flightlog.  It has only 1 sheet.  I
it possible to have excel take that total from lets say Cell A3 of
sheet and put it in to Cell A1 of a new file with the same sheet? O
take that info and have it automatically create another sheet in th
workbook each time I fly and put that info from A3 into A1 of the ne
sheet without me having to do anything?  If this is possible, when i
creates a new sheet, will it automatically give it a new name or wil
it just be called sheet 2? I hope this all makes sense.  Thanks i
advance.

Miles Ree

--
mcr
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549

I understand that you would like running totals, but could you be a
little more specific as to what exactly you are looking to do?

--
crispbd
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10880

Running out of memory?
How do I increase the file size allocated to my Outlook 2002 emails? If I download, say, 5000 emails I will quickly run out of room in the Outlook file. How do I increase the Outlook file size? Thanks. rush ...

Outlook 97 won't run on my Windows xp
Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then just quits please help, or is there another contact program that I can use with active sync so I can get data onto my pocket pc , thanks garygthompson@gmail.com <garygthompson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works > except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then > just quits In the subject you say "Outlook 97" and in the body you say "Office XP", whi...

Keeping Outlook2007 in Background
I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to keep in front. I can't find any preferences to set that will keep this from happening. Any solutions? "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:674247F4-CC24-4970-A070-A195658EA441@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook >from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to >keep in front. I can't find an...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Run Code in General Module Upon Activation of Other Sheets
I have VBA code residing in a general module of a workbook. The outpu from the code updates several sheets in the workbook. I would like t automatically Run the code in the general module if any of thes several sheets are activated (by clicking on the sheet�s tab). How ca I do this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Steve You can use the folowwing events in the sheet module(not a normal module) Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the events in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. You can copy the code in the event or type the macro name ...

Copying pst file while Outlook running
Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is running? Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy command) result in an error message that another program is using it. No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:exWWl9FQFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is > running? > > Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy > command) result in an error message that another program is usi...

Throwing two dice and print out the total of each throw
in the days of line numbers i build a short programme to simulate the throwing of two dice with a screen print out the number of times, a particular number randomly came up . My question is can this run using Access VB ? Any constructive advise would be most welcome . The old code is as follows: REM THROWING 2 DICE CLS INPUT "How many Throws", N Dim A(12) FOR M = 1 TO 12 A(M) = 0 Next M FOR T = 1 TO N X = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Y = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Z = X + Y A (Z) = A(Z)+1 NEXT T CLS PRINT TAB(5); "Total" ; TAB(25); " Frequency" PRINT...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

Run Excel file on a Server
I have an 8 meg excel file that needs to be shared with a whole team who connects to our web site with a very slow connection. Is there a way to "run" an Excel file on a server, so that the user is actually only loading the "tab" that they are using vs. loading the entire file everytime they want to look one thing up. This Excel file is updated regularily. Sadly, it won't work to just distribute it on CDs. Thanks in advance! Jon ...

Running total field
I have built an education assistance database for tuition reimburstments. The running total field I have on the data entry form needs to reflect how much each employee has received in the current calendar year. The school information, semester and dollars are in a sub-form of the data entry form for employee information. I have a running total control on the employee form that pulls from the subform school, however I can not get it to calculate only between dates of 1.1.2008 and 12.31.2008. Any help will be appricated. Thank you Michael S. On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:48:01 -0800, Michael ...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Still unable to run successful query
I've used the IFF suggestions given but it returns only Not Active results. I'm working on a case problem that reads: Create a query to display all matching records from the tblProgram and tblMember tables, selecting the ProgramType and MonthlyFee fields from the tblProgram table, and the FirstName and LastName fields from the tblMember table. Add a calculated field named MonthlyFeeStatus as the last column that equals Active if the MembershipStatus field is equal to Active and equals Not Active otherwise. -- jj Assuming MembershipStatus is a string (varchar) data field,...

registering my product wont work
OK - so Im trying not to freak out but it took me forever to save up for 2008 Home &amp; Student Edition. I ewnt to best buy, plunked down $165 after taxes, went home, opened it up, and found that there were three different product ID's pasted as labels on the back of the sleeve containing the install CD... Not knowing what to do i simply picked the one at the top and proceeded with installation, everything went along swimmingly - all my old crap was deleted and all my important settings migrated without a hitch however - when i went to register my software it keeps telling me that my ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

Can not run money2004, Need Help!
I installed money2004 standard in my laptop with windows xp OS (SP1) successfully. But when I can not run it. The money report "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". And the error detail is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d". I try every thing I can,"restart windows","uninstall it and installed it again","uninstall it and install money deluxe demo (download from microsoft website). But it is still not reporting th...

Total in order
Does anybody has a problem with total in order? Sometimes it's not correct. I can't find situation why it happened but it is really nosy. I tried following query: SELECT * FROM SOP10100 WHERE SUBTOTAL <> REMSUBTO and SELECT * FROM SOP30200 WHERE SUBTOTAL <> REMSUBTO and I've got a lot of them In field REMSUBTO by some reason correct value, but in SUBTOTAL not. Very strange. I have a small customization how to calculate, but it is only working if you press button. But I have a lot of invoices without this customization with wrong total. Any ideas. Thanks Vitali...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Data Migration Framework for MS CRM 3.0 doesn't run
I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack, which contains the Data Migration Framework for CRM 3.0, from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en But, when I launch the DMF by going to: Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Pack-> Data Migration Framework I get a busy mouse cursor that changes back to a regular arrow pointer and nothing happens. When I try to launch DMF again, I get a windows error saying that a copy of the DMF framework is alread...

Total of Time
I'm recording the time I spend working on a piece of work in a spreadsheet along with meeting details etc. I've 2 columns that are start and finish times and a third that works out duration. I then want to total the duration into total hours but I can't find a way to do this Any help please TIA Assuming your duration is in column C, just use =SUM(C1:C100) XL's default display will "roll over" every 24 hours. To get the actual total, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <#NJENCGYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "A" <a...

Total from one source, equivalent percentage from another?
This is probably simple but it's something I haven't had to do before. I have a main table. I have a filter query based on this table. I have a report, based on the query, which displays the total number of records in the query. In the same report, I would like to display this total as a number (already done, obviously) and also as a percentage of the total number of records in the main table. How would I go about this? 82412 wrote: >This is probably simple but it's something I haven't had to do before. > >I have a main table. >I have a filter query based on...

Can taxes be totalled on separate sheet when using Excel invoices
Each month I create approx 75 invoices. At the end of the month I'd like to know what my grand "sub total" is, my 7% tax total and my 8% tax totals, on a summary sheet. One step further, I'd like to have each month's summary sheet roll onto another sheet or workbook even, whatever is better, as a 12 month accumulative summary sheet. ...

Child windows that keep same relative size
/* I am trying to make a window with a bunch of child windows that resize themselves so that they always take up the same proportion of the client window...sort of like something that java does?? I have one button in my window, and it behaves ok, but before I start adding a bunch of other child windows, could you kind folks please look at my code and give me some software design guidance so I minimize code duplication. ....any hints good!! thanks */ // Main.cpp #include "CMyWinApp.h" CMyWinApp MyApplication; // CMyWinApp.h #include <afxwin.h> class CMyWinApp : public CWi...

ScanPst have run time attributes?
Does ScanPST have attributes you can put after scanpst.exe. Such as file to scan and to run repair automatically after detection finishes, without having to hit enter. My PST is large and would like to have it run during the night. Nope. The program takes no command line parameters or switches and requires the user to enter the name of the .pst file that requires "fixing". There is at least one commercial alternative, "Advanced Outlook Repair" by DataNumen, Inc. I have no experience with this product but it advertises that it supports command line parameter...

Run a macro based on the value of a cell
Hi Everyone I have what seems to be a simple task but can't seem to figure it out. I have a excel file that has the tabs "Current User List" & "Prev User List" On these sheets the first row is called "status" which is either "curr" or "prev" to indicate employee status. I copied and modified the macro posted on this site for copying an entire row to another worsheet and it works fine but I'd like to go one step further. If I change the status of an employee on the "Current User List" to "Prev" I want ...