Keeping Row 1 At Top When Scrolling?

How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of my sheet no
matter how far i scroll down the page?

Many thanks
Kev.

0
mcauley (2)

Kev,

Select cell A2 and then go to the Window menu and choose Freeze
Panes.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"KMc" <mcauley@ourgeneration.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of
my sheet no
> matter how far i scroll down the page?
>
> Many thanks
> Kev.

0
chip1 (1821)
7/15/2003 12:22:10 PM
Kev

Select cell A2 and then Window>Freeze Panes. This will keep row 1 at the
top. You can also use it to keep columns static too.

Andy.
"KMc" <mcauley@ourgeneration.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of my sheet
no
> matter how far i scroll down the page?
>
> Many thanks
> Kev.

0
andy9118 (66)
7/15/2003 12:22:50 PM
brilliant, thanks for the quick respnses guys.

Kev

"Andy" <andy@dawsons.co.uk> wrote in message
> Kev
>
> Select cell A2 and then Window>Freeze Panes. This will keep row 1 at the
> top. You can also use it to keep columns static too.
>
> Andy.
> "KMc" <mcauley@ourgeneration.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of my
sheet
> no
> > matter how far i scroll down the page?
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Kev.

0
mcauley (2)

How to mass convert Filename.eml to Filename.msg while keeping them in original subdirectories?
Does anyone know of a utility that walks an explorer directory and subdirectory converting every .eml file into a .msg file? My company has used Outlook express for 4 years, and we often copied emails to various Windows Explorer directories. After copying, we would often rename the .eml file -- for instance change "please help.eml" to "John Doe needs help with Outlook Express crashes.eml". Each e-mail copied resulted in an .eml file like "Hey Santa, here is my xmas list.eml" Find File .eml reveals that we have 3000 such files spread over 100 subdirectories. ...

Hide Cell Row and column number
is there a way to hide the cell info on the far left and far top of the sheet? I can make the screen full size and hide the top info, but how do i get rid of the 1,2,3,4,5,... on the left side of the screen? -- alexm999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4918 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489791 Click >Tools >Options and then select the View tab. De-select the "Row and Column headers" checkbox. ...

How do i get page 1 of 1 in a custom Footer
It's only a simple thing but i don't know how to get page 1 of 1 without typing it in myself can anybody help Thank's Click File > Page Setup > Header/Footer tab > Custom Footer Place the cursor within the desired section (Left - Centre - Right) and then put*:: &[Page] of &[Pages] Click OK > OK *You can also click the 2 buttons next to the "A" button in the Footer dialog to insert the "&[Page]" and the "&[Pages]" parts. The centre part: " of " is keyed-in manually -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103...

Problem of installation CRM 1.2
I test to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 Server. The installation progresses normally until the last stages, then it post the error message according to: - the Setup program could not install Microsoft CRM Server. - the Setup program could not supply your organization. - the Setup program could not create the licence of installation. The Server do not be operational (8007203A) Then it stops the installation However, if I make an installation on a server of test with a new Windows 2003 (new AD), the installation passes without problem. You have an idea on the source of the problem...

[Announce] 9/30 Customer Webinar: DataFlux
[Announcement] Tuesday, 9/30/08 11:00 AM EST Register Now!! ( https://datadirect.webex.com/datadirect/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=717332054 ) Want to hear from a DataDirect customer how they use DataDirect XQuery and DataDirect XML Converters? and why? Maybe you have a similar need and DataDirect's XML products can help you. Join our upcoming webinar, and hear the DataFlux story - presented by Scott Gidley, co-founder and CTO of DataFlux. He will discuss how incorporating DataDirect's XML-based products into their dfPower Studio and DataFlux Integration Server has allowed them to quickly...

How can I edit text in publisher and keep images in place?
I am working on a newsletter. When I set up the different sections and place my images. If I have to go back and place a section in front of another one. The images all become misaligned. I'll explain better. Say I have 6 different sections in the newsletter. I decide to add another section. I already have my images inserted in the other 6. This new section I want to add. I feel should be the lead story and need to place it at the top. When I put the text in, at the top of the sections already there. The pictures in the other 6 sections move. They don't stay in line ...

How do I change the default # of copies to 1 in a specific file?
I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies instead of 1. How can I change this default back for this file only? Thank you! You might find something under Page Setup, Options. This varies with the printer driver but in my case I found the copies controlled under Advanced options for my driver. -- Jim "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844371DA-E283-4D3D-ADFB-8A53B098C496@microsoft.com... |I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies | instead of 1. How can I change this default...

[ANN] New XML Editor in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C1_01C45F00.60044DB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Announcing: New XML Editor in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 contains a completely new XML Editor, built on = top of the core text editor provided by Visual Studio. It is entirely = written in C# and leverages all the cool stuff provided by the = System.Xml .NET assembly. The new XML editor provides support for = editing XML and DTD content, including special support for XSD and XS...

Why do I have to keep accepting EULA
Why do I have to keep on accepting EULA everytime I open word 2003 Right click the icon and choose the option to run as administrator (even if you think you are already the adminsitrator) and then accept the EULA. It should not prompt next time. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>&l...

count number of column's with Yes IF column A is a 1
Hello All I hope you can help. I have very limited knowledge of excel so treat me as an idiot please.... This is my table so far: 1 yes no yes no 2 No Yes No Yes 2 yes no yes no 2 No No No No 3 No Yes No No 1 yes no yes no 1 Yes 0 0 0 5 Yes No 0 No 2 yes no yes no 1 0 0 0 0 3 Yes No No No 4 yes no yes no 5 yes no yes no I want a formula that will give me the PERCENTAGE of yes's in a particular row IF column A is a 1. Many thanks STeve Maybe... =if(a1<>1,"not 1!",countif(b...

Lotus 1-2-3 keyboard commands ("/")
How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") Tools>Options>Transition. Enable the Lotus features. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:25:02 -0700, CyberLogicAL <CyberLogicAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") ...

Saving current row on Form exit
I wish to save the current row on a form so that it can be automatically selected the next time the form is opened. To do this, I have the following - 'save the current row Private Sub Form_Close() SQLString = " DELETE * FROM tblPreviousFormState;" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError SQLString = "INSERT INTO tblPreviousFormState(TableID) Values(" & TableID & ");" CurrentDb.Execute SQLString, dbFailOnError End Sub I'm sure there is some nice way of having a one row table but I'm not sure about this... TableID is th...

CRM 1.2 Licensing questions
Hi all, We are a Microsoft Certified Partner, so my understanding is that we get a fiver user license of CRM. But which exact version of CRM is it. The suite ? Standard or Professional ? Also, do I use the keys that I get on the MSDN download page, or should I follow the instructions on the sheet that I got from MS about registering my copy. I believe these instructions are for version 1.0. Any idea when they'll have the instructions for 1.2 ready ? Thanks Nick Nick I believe the license you got from microsoft is a production license ie you can use it in your business. The MSDN ...

jump to row
Hi all, I posted this problem yesterday and was very grateful for the reply below, however I have carried out the instructions but it does not seem to work or I do not understand it correctly, any other help would be great. p.s I am inexperienced at macros so please explain in simple terms.Thank you again in advance your help on this site is much appreciated. I have an inventory with 500 rows all with a number i.d Is there a command by where I can input the i.d (say 450) I wish to view into a cell (say B1) at the top of the page and the row will be shown even if it is off the visible p...

Formula finder (more than 1 reply is ok)
I have a workbook that I input customer sales. I then have to look up in another tab (same workbook) what county that customer is taxable in. I then have to copy the base sales amount into that county. Is there a way for me to merge the infomation on the county taxable worksheet with the master sales data worksheet so that when I input the following scenario it would automatically copy the base amount I enter into the corresponding county taxable column?: Customer Sales Tax Taxable in (County Name) ABC Co $1.00 .08 $1.00 (Autom...

finding range of numbers in one row to another row
Hello All, I posted earlier today but there was some confusion on how I posted the question. What i have two rows of data with numbers in columns A & B. What I would like to do: check the numbers in A2:B2, which in this case is 57 and 24. And then I need to find out if any numbers in the range of 57 to 24 (57,56,55,54,....etc...26,25,24) are in the range of numbers of A1:B2, in this example 50 to 32. The formula would be something like this: =if(a2:b2)=range(a1:b1),"ok","NO") For example: A B ---------------------- 1 50 32 ...

Only protecting the header cells and allowing new rows and columns to be created
i am developing a spreadsheet which i will be making available for download on my site im going to brand the spreadsheet with my logo etc I want to protec the logo and formulas etc I know how to do this However, when you protect the sheet - no new rows or new columns can be added apart from my branding and formulas etc i want visitors to be able to change as much as they would like how would i do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi depending on your excel version you can allo ro isnertions in the protection dialog (just check this option) -- Regards Frank Kab...

Word is hanging when scrolling to next page

Count of the row
Hi, i have this sheet which contains user information. User name in the sheets are repeated. I have used pivot tables to display this data. However, I also want a column which shows the total number of users. Currently, when I select "Count of user name" in the pivot, it counts all the existing user names but i want it to display only distinct user name (i.e), it should not count the repeated the username. Please help. Regards, Navin Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's suggestion: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique navin wrote: > > Hi, > > i have th...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Scrolling Issues...
I am using Excel 2000 on my new computer. My Panning and Scrolling functions is not working properly. It seems to move choppy left and right and at very fast speeds up and down. Also, when going up and down, it scrolls past the point at which i clicked to stop. Any other similar experiences... Hi has the happened recently or is this a problem from start on? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Big Pauly wrote: > I am using Excel 2000 on my new computer. My Panning and Scrolling > functions is not working properly. It seems to move choppy left and > right and at very...

transpose column to a row?
Every time I try to transpose a column of numbers into a row using the transpose function I get an error that says it can't paste because the area is not the same size and shape. Maybe you are trying to transpose a whole column, or maybe your selection is more than 256 rows and Excel does not have enough columns to accomodate it. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jrtrtle" wrote: > Every time I try to transpose a column of numbers into a row using the > transpose function I get an error that says it can't paste because the area > is not the same size and shap...

column --> row
I forget how to accomplish this simple task. I have a column of times which I would like to switch to a row. Can you please point me in the correct direction. Steve, use Paste Special with Transpose. So: 1-Select the data (the column). 2-Edit > Copy. 3-Select a destination cell. 4-Edit > Paste Special > Transpose > OK. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ae5601c436ab$b2e70a90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I forget how to accomplish this s...

Scroll bars disapear
Im sorry but am very new at excel. My scroll bars on the left and at the bottom have disapeared and I cannot get them back. Also the little thingy at the bottom of excel that allows you to select thru different sheets is gone. Its drving me up the wall and I cant figure it out.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Jen Jen, try tools options, and see if scroll bars and sheet tabs are checked -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always ap...

Can series 1,2,3 label in data be RE labeled to different text?
I created a chart, a simple 3D chart using the chart wizard. I have 3 columns of information. I have sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. I created this chart and i have 3 data series being presented. Not sure if anyone understands what i am trying to say? I thought saying i had a data series was the best approach to describing my problem in my chart. Well on the right vertical axis i have numbers that the wizard put in for me. They go from zero to 60. The data series is for the sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. Then to the right of the chart i have labels that say,...