keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function

How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i
use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets.  I'd like
it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the
worksheet is.
0
mitch7502 (1)

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Using different form strings to filter
Hello. Is there a way to code a query to have it use a filter string if a form is open, or ignore it if the filter is not open? Example: Query Name: Query1 Form: Form1 and Form2 Query fields: Field1 and Field2 I have a string in field 1 and 2 Forms!Form1!Field1 in the first field of the query, and Forms!Form1! Field2 in the second field. Can I also have Forms!Form2!Field1 in the query as well? I have tried this, but a box pops up and asks for the information from form 2 when it is not open. Thank you. hi, nybaseball22@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. Is there a way to code a query to...

Algrebraic Functions
How would you solve a function with input 1 output 8. Then input 2 output 14. next input 3 output is blank then input is blank Output is 24. the input is blank and the out put is 28. Finally, the input is 6 and the output is blank. It occurred to me that if you assume the input blanks are 4 and 5, then you could use the Add Trendline option within Excel charts to show you what the potential functions could be. Try plotting x: 1, 2, (blank cell), 4, 5 against y: 8, 14, (blank cell), 24, 28 Use an x-y scatter chart and, when plotted, right click on a data point an...

make a page permanent
I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make permanent. Is there away I can to that? It all depends on what you mean by "permanent." Can you clarify the task you have in mind? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "musicandbeer" wrote: > I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make > permanent. Is there away I can to that? John, I have made a note book with pages I never want to change, or atleast not very often. Every time I open it all the boxes show u...

using beforeprint
I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but doesn't seem t execute the sub. What's wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post your existing code :-) Also check that you have put this code in your workbook module ('ThisWorkbook') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet > printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but > doesn't seem to execute the sub. What's wrong?...

Using Ghost as OS Backup
I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. Has anyone done this or had any problems? Thanks, Fred On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:26:28 -0600, "Fred T" <fredt2@mail.com> wrote: >I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used >Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during >the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. ...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

DPM sometimes uses too many tapes
Hi, i have problem with DPM long term backups on tape. I have collocation enabled so that is not a problem. Sometimes DPM uses too many tapes for same protection group, sometimes it uses 1, and then sometimes 2 - 4. Amount of data is always same. Can anybody help me please, what could be the problem? Hi Tornado, Can you explain protection group configurations as well as tape usage in detail, so that we can analyze on what is happening? Thanks, Jyothsna[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tornado" <Torn...

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons?
Hi Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as Next, Previous and New record? Stapes Probably. Trap what and when? "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7fe0fd6b-0da1-495e-a369-29bc72ca3af9@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as > Next, Previous and New record? > > Stapes On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:14:20 -0800 (PST), Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: No. And there shouldn't be a reason for that. There are plenty of events in...

Cannot stop using online services with First Tech Credit Union
My bank, First Tech Credit Union, recently upgraded their online banking services. This upgrade also included a change to the user name and password used for online banking in Money 2006. Their upgrade instructions (http://www.firsttechcu.com/help/help_guide_money.html) say to disable online services for your Money file as the third step to upgrading to the new services. The problem is that when I click on Stop Using Online Services in Money nothing happens. I click on OK and Money hangs for a bit then comes back with no change, clicking on OK again has the same effect, clicking on ...

Locks up when clicking on links in open web pages
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct discussion group, and if not, sorry for the trouble. Could you direct me if I'm wrong? The issue is that the internet connection locks up if I click on a link or attempt to print from within an open website. It does not happen each time, but often enough to make me want to pull my hair! I have to shut down the connection - the message says it is 'not responding,' and reconnect, sometimes 2 or 3 times, to be able to use the link from the website. I have a second laptop, and it doesn't have this problem. ...

Using paste in macro but with variable references.
Hi all, I am trying to use the paste function in a macro but it needs to be variable. I have split a list of data (team workloads) into the seperate teams and by days of the week. I now need the macro to compile one book with all the data in order. The headings for each team are already set on a worksheet so the data needs to be entered under each heading For example: Team A Day 1 under the heading "Team A Day 1", Team B Day 1 under the next heading on the same sheet "Team B Day 1". I hit problems as the workload ammount will alter from week to week. So of course asking...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...

Using CComboBox embedded in CToolBar
Hi, I've derived a class from CToolBar and overridden OnCreate to replace 2 placeholder buttons with 2 combo boxes. The two combo boxes are also derived from CComboBox, and populate themselves with appropriate strings. My problem is that I'm not sure of how to inform my application when the user has selected a new item in one of the combo boxes. I've added a handler for the CBN_SELCHANGE message to the CComboBox, but I don't know what to put in it. What is the best way to forward the message to the mainframe? Also, when I replace the placeholder buttons, can I reuse their ...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

Changing Functional Currency #4
Try to change the functional currency to Z-CNY. ERROR = Activity for this currency already exist. Finance made 2 GL transactions. Can we remove the transactions (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History) or (File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data ) then change the functional currency? Which tables should I remove history or clear data. Can someone on the board help us? regards, Once you process a transaction, you are stuck with the functional currency. I have not seen a table fix for this problem on the board. Consider creating a new database an...

owa logout show the page cannot be display
The event 36 was triggered when Outlook Web Access (2003) users clicked the "Log Off" shortcut. The OWA user would receive the following message when logging off: "The page cannot be displayed. I try to search on google, some of newsgroup report follow microsoft article Q318239 can fix the issue. but this article can not found on support.microsoft.com. anyone have experience about event 36 OWA logout issue. Please help ...

is there a way of using a second monitor as a customer display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Does anyone know if rms works with 2 monitors. What I mean can you use a second monitor as customer display or something similar. A lot of pos systems out there use a second monitor as customer display, I m not sure if rms supports that option or not but any help would be appreciated. thanks ------=_NextPart_000_018F_01C86B1D.3EAD2F60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...

How can I keep the header in view at all times
In Word, a header and footer s always in view when you work in th document. However, I cannot seem to do the same in Excel - any suggestions please. Thanks - M Select a cell below your column header and just right of your ro header, then goto "Window" and select Freeze Panes. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49759 ...