Is this possible from combi box

Hi
Using a drop-down box (Combi Box), i want to be able to select an item from
a list e.g 'Chocolate Bar' then in another combi box, display that item's
cost automatically.

------------------                  -------------------------
Chocolate Bar                        �0.50
------------------                  -------------------------

Thanks in advance

Paul

0
jwatki15 (15)

Paul,

If you have a couple of worksheet ranges, one with the items, a second with
the prices, you can load the items combobox from that first list and you can
use the Listindex property of the combobox to offset into the second range.
Also, why a combobox for the price, there will only be one item so why not
use  textbox?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Using a drop-down box (Combi Box), i want to be able to select an item
from
> a list e.g 'Chocolate Bar' then in another combi box, display that item's
> cost automatically.
>

> ------------------                  -------------------------
> Chocolate Bar                        �0.50
> ------------------                  -------------------------
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Paul

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/18/2004 9:30:20 AM
Thanks Bob, i'll give it a try today.

Paul
"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Paul,
>
> If you have a couple of worksheet ranges, one with the items, a second
with
> the prices, you can load the items combobox from that first list and you
can
> use the Listindex property of the combobox to offset into the second
range.
> Also, why a combobox for the price, there will only be one item so why not
> use  textbox?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>
> "Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > Using a drop-down box (Combi Box), i want to be able to select an item
> from
> > a list e.g 'Chocolate Bar' then in another combi box, display that
item's
> > cost automatically.
> >

> > ------------------                  -------------------------
> > Chocolate Bar                        �0.50
> > ------------------                  -------------------------
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > Paul

0
jwatki15 (15)
2/18/2004 10:07:39 AM
Post back if you need some help.

--

> Thanks Bob, i'll give it a try today.
>
> Paul
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Paul,
> >
> > If you have a couple of worksheet ranges, one with the items, a second
> with
> > the prices, you can load the items combobox from that first list and you
> can
> > use the Listindex property of the combobox to offset into the second
> range.
> > Also, why a combobox for the price, there will only be one item so why
not
> > use  textbox?
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Bob Phillips
> >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> >
> > "Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > Using a drop-down box (Combi Box), i want to be able to select an item
> > from
> > > a list e.g 'Chocolate Bar' then in another combi box, display that
> item's
> > > cost automatically.
> > >

> > > ------------------                  -------------------------
> > > Chocolate Bar                        �0.50
> > > ------------------                  -------------------------
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance
> > >

> > > Paul

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/18/2004 11:12:05 AM
I've set up a sheet with a range of items in A1:A40 and the costs in B1:B40.
I've inserted a combi box using the 'control toolbox' and have linked the
listfillrange to A1:A40, however I am having difficulty in finding the
'listindex' property of the combibox, to offset into the second range.how
can i access it?

> Post back if you need some help.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
>
> "Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bob, i'll give it a try today.
> >
> > Paul
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Paul,
> > >
> > > If you have a couple of worksheet ranges, one with the items, a second
> > with
> > > the prices, you can load the items combobox from that first list and
you
> > can
> > > use the Listindex property of the combobox to offset into the second
> > range.
> > > Also, why a combobox for the price, there will only be one item so why
> not
> > > use  textbox?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Bob Phillips
> > >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> > > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> > >
> > > "Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message
> > > from
> > item's

0
jwatki15 (15)
2/19/2004 2:05:53 PM
Are you doing this in code:

Option Explicit
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
    Me.ComboBox1.TopLeftCell.Offset(0, -1).Value _
        = Me.Range("b1:b40")(Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex + 1)
End Sub

But you could just use a cell near the combobox and a linked cell (under
properties for the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar).

I used C1 as my linked cell:
=if(c1="","",vlookup(c1,a1:b40,2,false))

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Paul

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> Are you doing this in code:
>
> Option Explicit
> Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
>     Me.ComboBox1.TopLeftCell.Offset(0, -1).Value _
>         = Me.Range("b1:b40")(Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex + 1)
> End Sub
>
> But you could just use a cell near the combobox and a linked cell (under
> properties for the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar).
>
> I used C1 as my linked cell:
> =if(c1="","",vlookup(c1,a1:b40,2,false))
>

> Paul Watkins wrote:
> >
> > I've set up a sheet with a range of items in A1:A40 and the costs in
B1:B40.
> > I've inserted a combi box using the 'control toolbox' and have linked
the
> > listfillrange to A1:A40, however I am having difficulty in finding the
> > 'listindex' property of the combibox, to offset into the second
range.how
> > can i access it?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Post back if you need some help.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Bob Phillips
> > >     ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks
> > > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> > >
> > > "Paul Watkins" <jwatki15@ford.com> wrote in message

> > you
> > > not

> > item

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

Any server-side setting to deliver a copy of to, from mails of a SINGLE mailbox to another box
Hello, Is there Any server-side setting to deliver a copy of to, from mails of a SINGLE mailbox to another box?? I Running Exchange 2000 SP3 thanks in advance Hi P, You can configure an alternate recipient for a user in ADU&C and forward mail from the user to another mailbox and leave a copy in the original mailbox. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "P.Ravialahan&quo...

strange box in report
I am running a report based off a query that runs two tables. All the infor is populated correctly except where I have a Notes field, that is formatted at as memo is populates with 2 small like checkboxes that has garbage that looks like it a chinese letter, no notes information at all. I looked at the notes properties and it is showing notes from the table. I am totally confused. It just started this. Take a look at: Grouping by Memo field yields garbage at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-18.html Post back if that doesn't apply. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, We...

Publisher 2003 Document to Outlook Email Text Box Image is Split
I am using the "send email as message" command and my document is changing in the email. The email document has a split text box and line in one part of the document. The document prints fine from Publisher. ...

Possible to write a macro to print all attachments with specific .
So here's the deal: I get emails daily with 6 to 12 word docs attached that are forms I need to review. They are four pages long, but when I print them, I choose the option to print four pages on one page so I only have to print one page for each doc for quick review. I would love it if a macro could basically print all of the attachments with the click of a button at the setting of four pages on one page. Possible? Not possible? Anyone willing to do it for a fee? (I am not a programmer) I failed to notice the "print attachments" option in the printer...

Choice of accounts (Drop down Box)
Hiya, I'm using Outlook XP and have 3 seperate email accounts with one as the default and have noticed that when I write out an email I no longer have the option to choose which account I am sending it from.........I'm not quite sure what I have done but does anyone know how to get back that option please? thanks in Advance..........Simon Hi Simon, When you are composing a new message is there an "ACCOUNTS..." button next to the "SEND" button on the standard menubar? If not then you can add it. Start a new email... You should now be looking at a new bl...

search through drop down boxes
what i would like is to have a table full of different companies with different trades and up to 7 different free dates, (some of these dates may be the same for each company) and then i can sellect different criterias from a drop down box eg, Trade - Date, it will the search my table and return with a list of all the matchin trades free on those dates. can any one help please! Hi have you tried 'Data - Filter'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ash" <ash@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16B19774-6545-4483-8E13-C25EF3D2E6A6@microso...

Font in a combo box
Hello, I have integrated a combo box for URL=B4s into to a toolbar: m_URLCombo.Create(WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE | CBS_AUTOHSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWN | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_HASSTRINGS , rect, &m_wndToolBar, ID_URLField); which works fine. I also want to change the font in the combo box: CFont m_Font; m_Font.CreateFont( 12, // nHeight 0, // nWidth 0, // nEscapement 0, // nOrientation FW_NORMAL, ...

Requery of combo box
I have a form (input) with 5 combo boxes (registration, location, notes, time & date) and 4 Yes / no check boxes. It writes to a table (Data file) The combo boxes do update with the after event function but as soon as I type into any of the combo boxes a new blank row is added to the form which is set as dataenty "yes" The problem is that the updated combo box content list is always 1 row behind where the data is being entered. Is there a way of changing when the new row is added to the form please? thanks richard ...

Font Size in Combo Boxes
Hi How can I set the fontsize for the list of options that appears in a Combo Box ? Thanks Eoin Bair�ad Dublin, Ireland If it's a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar, show that toolbar, click on the design mode icon. right click on the combobox and choose properties. Change the font (and size) from there. "Eoin C. Bair�ad" wrote: > > Hi > > How can I set the fontsize for the list of options that appears in a Combo > Box ? > > Thanks > > Eoin Bair�ad > Dublin, Ireland -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Dave What version of Exc...

Is it possible to collect data through emails in Access03 like in
Hi folks, I am amazed by the feature of collecting data through emails in Access 2007. It is powerful and easy to learn. I am working on two offices, one has 2007, another is still using 2003 (and I don't see they are going to change). So I am wondering if I can do the same thing as I do in Access 2003? And how? Thanks a bunch! Casy On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:48:11 -0800, Casy <Casy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: That would be a lot of work, best left to the Access development team. Fortunately you can install the free A2007 runtime at the second office, so at leas...

Excel 2007 Combo Box questions
Hello, I am new to Excel and I have 3 question regarding Combo Box: 1. When adding a Combo Box from the ActiveX group, how do I populate the combo box list to select from? 2. Can the font be changed and if so, how? 3. Where do I write a code to execute once a selection is made from the Combo Box? Thank you, Silvio You can use a single column range that is used as the source. Go into design mode (another icon on that control toolbox toolbar) if you have to. Then rightclick on the combobox. Choose Properties. Then look for ListFillRange and type in the address to use. ...

*Can't POP mail box*
Hi, I am receiving an error on my XP Professional, AMD computer. I am running Office XP. I upgraded from 97 trying to solve this problem. I am using Outlook Express now but OE doesn't sync with my PDA. Every time I open Outlook I get this error message. I can send e-mail without any problem. I am using the login information for both OE and Outlook XP. WOW claims there hasn't been any changes on there side. Here is the error message: Task 'pop3.mail.wideopenwest.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Ver...

color format text not whole box in calendar
Hi I would like to format my calendar by formatting the text by category not the whole background, which uses a lot of ink when printing regularly, any ideas thanks tim Outlook version please??? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tim asked: | Hi I would like to format my calendar by formatting the text by | category not the whole background, which uses a lot of ink when | printing regularly,...

un-checked boxes
hi, i need some help with this code. i am trying to check if certain cells in the sheet contain values (the should not be blank). if any of them do not contain values, i was checkbox to be placed along that row in a certain column and it shoul be checked. my code places a checkbox but does not check it on. the code i am using is provided below. please debug it for me. also, is there is a way to turn all the filters to "(All)" at once? have a sheet where in there is a filter for every column. as soon a the sheet is activated, i would like for all the columns to be filtere to &q...

List Box Input to query
I orchestrated my first VB yesterday... So I am a novice. I am not sure what you mean... I have used filter and wuto filter before, but how do I incoroprate it into my VB code so it is automated. Currently I manually pull data via ODBC For eg. select x from Y where z > 1000 and dt = 20041231 What I want to be able to do is to input x and z > 1000 and pass it to the query t run. I was able to this with the dt = part yesterday where I pass in the date. And that took a whole day. I am not sure how to do the rest.. like being able to select a item frm a list and have it represent x. ...

seeing mail box
I how I am in the right place? I am new to exchange and would like to know if I can see mail box on my server? If so how can I do this? I running exchange 2000 and 2003 thank you Once the mailbox has been accessed, you can see that it exists by using "Louie" <lcorrea2firmentertainment.net> wrote in message news:9A4FE7D7-C61E-4572-9003-1B4DED92B810@microsoft.com... >I how I am in the right place? > > I am new to exchange and would like to know if I can see mail box on my > server? If so how can I do this? > I running exchange 2000 and 2003 > > thank y...

Combo box synchronization
Hello, I have a database where I want to have an Events form that will track all contacts and the Organization they work for. Several contacts can belong to one Organization, so I have a MainContact and MainOrganization table. The MainContact table includes first name, and last name as separate fields, as well as an org_id field that is linked to the id field in MainOrganization. I want the user to be able to select an organization and have all of the names of contacts associated with that organization appear. I also want the user to be able to select more than one contact ...

Is a Drop Down box the best function to use?
I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I am trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie. I don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop down box or something similar which allows me to do this? Hi Have a look at Data|Validation. Using this you can create a drop-down box and link the list to a range of cells. Andy. "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7518745-F8C1-4FE3-ACB7-5E7B4...

Move mail boxes
I want to move some mail boxes to another exchange 5.5 server at another site and domain Can you help I have searched the knowledge base and can only find information on moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2000 You'll need to use the Exmerge utility. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Peter Todd" <computechplus@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:037f01c3d6a4$9c464f60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to move some mail boxes to another exchange 5.5 > server at another site and domain > Can you help > I...

Set all check boxes values on form
Hi everyone, I have a table with 2 fields: Field1(Text box) and Fied2(Check box) in a form. What i want is a command button to set all Field2 check box to YES, and a command button to set all Field2 check box to NO Could anyone help me please???? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano In the Click event procedure of the command button: Dim strSql As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first strSql = "UPDATE [Table1] SET [Field2] = TRUE WHERE [Field2] = FALSE;" dbEngin...

Excel: Can I extend the amount of characters in a text box?
I have several forms where I've merged several cells (say 3 rows of cells each). They're all formatted for text, but I appear to b limited to the number of characters regardless of the size of the box. Is that an Excel limit or is there a way to increase this amount? Thanks in advance for all your help. Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this limit with manual entering line breaks. Use ALT+ENTER to do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Healingbear >" <<Healingbear.19t981@excelforu...

Excel Chart with a text box linked to the filter criteria.
I have generated a chart that shows a subtotal of data that has been selected using a single criteria in an autofilter ( The criteria is set to select a specific business area to quickly filter all expenditures of the area.)This allows setting the autofilter with a reflected result in the chart.ie showing the filtered results for a selected business area. I now wish to place on the chart the autofilter criteria. A text box can be used to link to a cell but I cannot work out how to select the moving target of the result of an autofilter. Alternatively I cannot access the variable tha...

Is it possible to Unicode only for menu text...
Hi i am working on application where i need menu text in Arabic. I have done it (VC++ 6)with the following method: I have added... Project-Settings-C++-Preprocessor definitions : _UNICODE & Project-Settings-Link-Category-OutPut : wWinMainCRTStartup Then i have write arabic text in menu enteries, it works fine. But in my application i an using lot of other data types like CString etc. These don't work if i not convert them in unicode. What i want to ask "is there is any way to unicode only the menu resouce not whole the application". Means i don't want t...

Change Combo box attributes
Hi, I would like to be able to increase the width of the drop down arrow for a Combo box control. Looking at the Class members there is no function to change this size. Does anyone have any suggesstions? Thanks In Advance Macca "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA986B49-4707-41E2-9B66-9BA2436E1C61@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to be able to increase the width of the drop down arrow for a > Combo box control. Looking at the Class members there is no function to > change this size. > > Does anyone have any suggess...

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...