Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column

For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value
215, but my data set spans more than one column.

My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0)
returns an #N/A error. What can I do?
0
MrSnrub (7)

Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values?
--
Gary's Student

"Mr. Snrub" wrote:

> For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value
> 215, but my data set spans more than one column.
>
> My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0)
> returns an #N/A error. What can I do?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
5/22/2005 1:53:16 PM
yes
0
MrSnrub (7)
5/22/2005 4:08:02 PM
In cell A52 enter =MATCH(215,A3:A51,0)
Then copy this formula from B52 through Z52.
If there is only one instance of 215 in the data area, then all the formulae
will show #N/A except one.

For example, if the 215 is in cell C15, then C52 will show 13.  Thus we know
that the 215 is in column C and is in the thirteenth row of the data block
(fifteenth row of the worksheet.
--
Gary's Student

"Mr. Snrub" wrote:

> yes
0
GarysStudent (1572)
5/22/2005 5:37:34 PM
great. thank you.
0
MrSnrub (7)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Register & Favorites Don't Match
I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance. But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get out of sync? Thanks for any help. In microsoft.public.money, Larry E. wrote: >I have Money 2004. My checking account register shows the correct balance. >But in the "Favorites" list on my home page, my checking account balance is >many thousands of dollars lower than the actual balance. How did these get >out of sync? Thanks for ...

update column

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Qrp Date functions

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date function quit working