Is there any way to get rid of a link in a spreadsheet?

I copied a wooksheet to keep a format but changed the content.  The original
worksheet was linked to another.  The new one is not but I can't get rid of
the link.  Couldn't find anything in help.  Any way to get rid of a link?
0
mimiw2 (1)

You need to find the link and delete the reference.

To replace the reference in formulae you can either delete the entire
formula or use Edit/Replace and replace the file reference with "".   (It
helps if the link-to file is open as the reference won't include the path.

If it is in a named range or formula and there are many the process gets
cumbersome.  Though if you don't need any of those named ranges you can
elminate them all using the old Lotus menu keystrokes  "/RNR"   First
however you need to go into Tools/Options/Transitions and select Lotus 123
Help.  (Make sure you switch back after you're done)

Also, I believe Walkenbach has a utility that will assist with this process
if you're having difficulty finding the link.

HTH

PC

"mimiw2" <mimiw2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I copied a wooksheet to keep a format but changed the content.  The
original
> worksheet was linked to another.  The new one is not but I can't get rid
of
> the link.  Couldn't find anything in help.  Any way to get rid of a link?

0
pcorrado1 (11)
5/19/2005 11:06:31 PM
Bill Manville's FindLink addin may help you find the hard to find links:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Get Free Certification Q&A and Latest dumps
Hello guys, Now you don't need to worry about passing the certification exam. Visit http://www.FreeExamking.com and get certifications questions and answers and latest dumps for 9i 10g 11i, ccna, ccnp, mcse, mcse 2003, mcts, mcp, a+, scbcd, db2 and many more. ...

Get part of the Address
I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. What is the easiest way using code to separate City, State Zip into different cells? Thank You Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:daniels012.1b73pt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I currently have the address City State and Zip all in one cell. > What is the easiest way using code to separate City, ...

Simple hack to get $2000 to your home.
Simple hack to get $2000 to your home at http://lifeisbeatiful.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

How do I get rid of Adobe Reader icon?
I think after I installed acrobat reader 9 I started to get this red icon next to the print button that does "save this document as a PDF document". I don't like it, it annoys me, and I want rid of it. Removing it works but then it just reappears again next time I start up excel. Any other changes to my icons 'stick', but this little critter just won't go away. I tried uninstalling reader 9 but this didn't solve it. I can't find an option to get rid of it. Help!! Adobe Reader can't produce PDF files. Adobe Acrobat CAN. IF you want to remove ...

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet
I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As i stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot dat as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and char 1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to shee 1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer t sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names. When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference doe not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done? If not, can I create multiple chart titles? Any help o...

re: best way to move columns between 2 excel docs
Ok, here is my little project: In execel.doc A I have some columns that I want to move to Excel.doc B, and the columns are always positioned the same way in A, they never change their position. How do you transfer them to B, to append a running process of pre-existing prefilled from previous days ? Any code samples ? Macros ? Please help!!! :- ) I am reading a book on application-level programming, VBA for Access, so I understand more and more everyday. How much work do I have here ? Thanks. ...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Spreadsheet conversion (Quattro Pro to Excel 2002)
How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I need to work with. Hi maybe try the commercial converters at: www.dataviz.com -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Finger wrote: > How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? > I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for > 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I > need to work with....

Export data from the same cell from multiple spreadsheets into a n
Hi, I am working with weekly timeshets in Excel and I am using the same form every week, but save it as a file named "Timesheet 20100122" for a week ending on Fri, Jan 22, 2010 (Our accounting week period). Therefore the daily hours appear every week in the same cell. I would need to export these hours to another - summarizing - spreadsheet (For example and invoice spreadsheet) somehow automatically. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks for your help, Cheers, Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

How to get the certificate for an SSL server (HTTPS)???
Hi all, I do not belive it!! I tried to obtain the certificate for an SSL server (http connectio) but I cannot. I use "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE" or "INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE_STRUCT", calling with InternetQueryOption (or CInternetSession::QueryOption). Dosen't matter what option I have the function fails and the result is allways ERROR_WINHTTP_INCORRECT_HANDLE_TYPE (The type of handle supplied is incorrect for this operation.). Knows anybody how can I do this? Knows someone a piece of code where InternetQueryOption realy runs? Or is ther...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

Web link to Excel file
I'm trying to link to an Excel 97 file from a ColdFusion web page. The first time I click the link, the file opens fine in the browser (I.E. 5.5). If I close the file and click the link again, I get a message stating 'filename.xls is currently being modified by "my user name here". Open as read only?'. I can still open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, because I'm not making any modifications. I've had other people try this link, and they get the same thing, except it tells them that they're the one modifying the fi...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

How may I add more than 256 columns to an Excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreadsheet. I need 370 columns. Is there anyway to accomplish this within Excel? SPO, excel only has 256 columns -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "SPO" <SPO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75457654-C31C-4787-9790-D07E220849BA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreads...

How do I get my formula to stay the same
I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to add a row, but my formulas automatically change so do not include the new row. What do I need to do to stop the formula changing everytime I insert a new row? Tell us the layout of the worksheet: what cells have data, what cell has average. Then we can be of more help Bernard "BertiesMum" <BertiesMum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF72CB7F-2866-47DF-AA47-909371817130@microsoft.com... >I have a worksheet to calculate 12 week averages, and every week I need to > add a row, b...

Get control of a Userform by the Name
I want to change the text of a form. I know the name of the form and the name of the control in it. How to get the control of a form if I know the Name? Below post refers to adding a form. But I already have a form, just need the control of that! http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/beedb666e1d7a29b/f2df993ded867dd4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=form+by+name#f2df993ded867dd4 Thanks a lot in advance Regards' Joe If you are talking about a VBA user from in VBA window press F4 (View properties window) and click on the control....

Linking Excel drop down lists
I am trying to set up a billing spreadsheet. On one spreadsheet I have a list of product codes in one column, the description in the next column and the price in the third column. On another spreadsheet I would like to pick the appropriate code from a drop-down list (no problem with that) and I would like the description and price to fill in automatically once I choose the code. I thought this would be easy but I am stuck!! Having drop down lists in each column is not an option since there are 163 things in each drop down - the descriptions are wordy and I want to garantee I g...

Is "Go To Page" the only way?
Hi there, I'm a 2007 Publisher newbie. I am used to the 2003 version & I really utilised the little pages you had at the bottom left of the screen to flick from page to page. I can't seem to find this option in 2007. I am currently changing pages via Edit/ Go to page.. which quite frankly is a PITA. Please someone tell me how to view my pages in a more user friendly way? Many thanks The sort option is missing from some Publisher 2007 applications. There is a registry fix here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs It is FAQ 6 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/...

getting rid of paragraph markers in word
I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not knowing what I was clicking. They dusappear in "print preview" and do not print. How do I turn them off? Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18614E5D-F77A-49FB-89BB-BA041F15F20C@microsoft.com... >I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not &...

Hyper links in email
Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. Thanks in advance Kodiak <kodiak62at@hotmail.com> wrote: > Why can I not open hyper links in email ? I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 > installed . The message I get back is the action cannot be done due to > restrictions on my computer. Please contact your admistrator. If your web browser is Internet Explorer, open IE and click Tools>Internet Optons>Programs>Rese...

Linking Excel and Access #2
I have created a new table in Access that is linked to an Excel spreadsheet using the "Get External Data" command under the File menu. When I change the data in Excel the changes are not reflected in Access. After I close down Excel I get a message box saying "File Now Available" and a read only version of my Excel file appears. It looks like Access is looking for the linked data in this read only flie rather than my real file. Why is this read only file being created? How can I get the Access table to update properly when I change the data in Excel? ...

Linking to a web database
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew how to connect up powerpoint to a web database, such as an SQL database on a web server! The purpose would be to upload quiz results, at the moment i have them going into an access database, but want to put them into a web database if anyone could help i would much appreciated that Nick In article <edd9037d-616d-492b-bb71- 97eba08dd97e@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering if anybody knew how to connect up powerpoint to a web > database, such as an SQL database on a web server! T...

Linking Dialogs to Existing MFC Classes
Hi, I am trying to write an MFC application from 'scratch'. I created an empty Windows application, and linked it to the shared MFC libraries. I created derived classed from CWinApp and CDialog, and a dialog in Studio. I linked the dialog class to the dialog in the CDialog constructor. Problem is, the dialog is not linked to the class in Studio. That is, I can't double click on a button in the dialog editor and get the event handler code. I just get the MFC Class Wizard. This doesn't help me, because the class already exists, I don't want a new one. In any event, even if I...