Is there any way to convert a pdf document into an excel document.

Is there any way to convert a pdf file into an excel document?
0
lexi2aj (1)

Excel Addin not getting loaded
Hi All, I have an addin developed in C# for Excel. But it is not getting loaded when excel is loaded. I have added the Addin ProgID key to the following location. (XXXAddin.Connect) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Addin Any ideas what is getting wrong? -Sarang Bapat ...

Excel VLOOKUP
Hi, =VLOOKUP(MAX(D18:D30),A:E,2,FALSE) I use this formula to retrive the maximun value of the D column an display the value of respective B value. (1) May i know how am i comparing the negative value (-3.12)? (2) Can i compare minimun value? negative integer involved.. (3) How can i edit the formula if i want to call from other sheet i the same file? Thanks so much for ur help. -- CYBER Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i By using the FALSE parameter, you are looking for an exact match in column A, so this should work with negative numbers - however, if you have fractional values yo...

Convert string into XML format

Outlook Excel Attachments
I am at wit's end. I have tried numerous solutions to try to open Excel attachments from Outlook (Office XP) including: excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. An alternative might be to do: Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) I have also edited the registry and the file location from: c:\owner\local settings\Temporary INternet Files to: c:\owner\local settings\TemporaryInternetFiles (no spaces) and nothing helps. I cann...

Excel Backup Files, shared Network
Hi there, There is a spreadsheet that my team uses (team of 30), which is accessed upto 50 times or more a day and it regularly either dissapears or becomes corrupt. The file is stored on a large shared network. Our IT support provider only provides backup copies every evening. Is there a more regular way of keeping back-up copies - say every hour? Is there an 'automatic' way of doing this, rather than someone manual backing-up a copy every hour? Your help would be appreciated, Thanks all, :) -- genuinegal --------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007
I am using a set of merged cells as a data source for a line chart. However, I am getting empty/null entries as part of the data set from the merged cells??? Basically, I have a set of merged cells each consisting of 3 cells. When I create the data source I get values like: 73%,,,61%,,,... Why is it making up value for each cell even though the cells are merged together??? I am truly finding 2007 very frustrating and very counter-productive! Please help, QB With Excel 2007 as well as with earlier versions the advice stays the same. Don't use merged cells. Thes...

Excel OLE objects crashing in other Office applications
Hi, Posted in PPT group but would like to try here as well. One of my friends has Win XP SP2, Office 2003 SP1 and she reported an issue regarding inserting/editing Excel OLE objects in PPT. She does insert-> object -> Microsoft chart-object but then the PPT application displays an error message "Microsoft office PPT cant start the application required to open this object. An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?" Detect and repair doesnt help. Same error message problems (application crashes down) occ...

Can insert digital ink into Excel cell or a cell comment?
I would like to attach small hand-drawn graphs or formulas to particular cells in Excel. I notice that if you copy an image to Excel, it's not attached to the underlying cells. Is is possible to insert an image (i.e. a hand-drawn graph or formula) into a cell comment? Thanks! Yes, take a look at... http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos01.html#CommentPicture -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCEFC095-A46F-4396-B723-BA75CD03F7...

"Datasource reference is not valid" when creating Excel Pivot Tables with an Exported View
Error message thrown when trying to manipulate or pivot Excel data from CRM via a dynamic Worksheet Export: Problem seems to be related to either the filename that is randomly generated with the export_live feature from CRM, or the temporary location that MSExcel2007 doesnt like/trust. Solution that worked for me: - Export the CRM View to Excel - Save the Excel Document to a non-temp (eg. C:\ ) directory - Open the Excel Document - Create your Pivot (Another note - selecting the entire worksheet as a datasource for the Pivot Table will give the same error message! Rather ambiguous in p...

PDF Attachments in Win Live Mail
Since Windows Mail was moved to Windows Live, I can't open PDF attachments to emails without moving them to Desktop or somewhere, not directly from clicking on the attachment in the email. This seems uncessary and I must be missing something, but I don't know what. Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista. Applies to WLMail as well. http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA &...

Error when converting Access 97 to 2002
Hi, I get this error when I try converting an Access 97 database to Access 2002 on a XP machine.. "The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database." I thought the Access 97 mdb might have been secured, I checked it and found that it is only linked to System.mdw The 97 mdb file works on all NT machines with Access 97 installed on it. But when I try converting it using Access 2002 Database utility for converting it gives me this error Please help... Jack. Hello, Check out the following kb article ACC2000: "The Current User Accou...

mail merger in Excel #2
Hi all, I would like to know that can i make mail merger type of application in Excel??? eg. I want to make one form for parameters of engine. Where i should select the engine from the drop down menu and all the parameters should be entered from an external database (can be other sheet of excel) in the specific locations. Prompt reply is appreciated. Thanks Gautam I've answered your other question. If you were to use something like that, then define named ranges for the input areas, you could use something like the macro below to send those values to Word: http://vbaexpress.com...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

Convert all form fields to text.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to I convert a form field in a document into the text that has been entered into the field? I want to be able to convert a document that contains fields into a document that looks the same but that does not contain any fields. I could do this in Word 2003, but do not know how to do it in Word 2008. Command+A to Select All, then Shift+Command+F9 to Unlink the fields. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/22/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb7545.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Mike_Moroney@of...

How do I enter ongoing invoice numbers's into publisher documents
help Mail Merge... Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161C32EE-CF60-4F9E-A698-4EDB9DC99C42@microsoft.com... > help ...

organisation charts in excel spreadsheets
Is it possible to put spreadsheet cell references into a staff organisation chart so that if, say, the salary or grade in the chart is changed it updates a separate spreadsheet showing total staff costs. -- Tony No. I've encountered the same problem. Not even in MS Visio is there a solution for this. It's a re-typing job. "Tony" wrote: > Is it possible to put spreadsheet cell references into a staff organisation > chart so that if, say, the salary or grade in the chart is changed it updates > a separate spreadsheet showing total staff costs. > -- >...

Position of New Excel Spreadsheet on screen
I have a number of password protected workbooks. The problem is, when I open one, it opens behind any currently on screen, so I have to close/minimise them to display the window where I input the password. Is there a setting where I can make sure all new workbooks open on top of those already open? I'm using W7 and Office 2007 ...

Excel 2003
Example: A B C 1) 2 5 10(=A1*B1) 2) 9 18(=A1*B2) I have a spreadsheet that has approx. 1,000 rows. How do I drag this same formula down for every row? When I try it, this is the results I get, look at row 3: A B C 1) 2 5 10(=A1*B1) 2) 9 18(=A1*B2) 3) 4 0(=A3*B3) Notice that when I drag it that instead of multiplying cell A1*the next cell in column B it mulitplys the same row in column A and B. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in adv...

Money 2002 to Excel 2000 on Win98SE #2
Hi Cal, thanks for the help. I installed the program but it is looking for a copy of Money on the machine, which we don't have. All we have is the .mny file on a diskette. Any other ideas? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Gerry wrote: > >>Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Canada. The previous >>person in charge of our troop's finances used Microsoft >>Money 2002. I don't have any financial software. I was >>told there is a converter to take a .mny file and bring it >>into Excel. The file is from Money 2002...

Excel can't find file
I had an Excel file on my desktop, but when I moved it (cut and paste, copy and paste, or move with mouse) I get the following error (No Code) when I try to open the file. -'C:\file location.xls' could not be found. Please check the spelling of the file name and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from the list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.- I have tried the following with no success. 1) Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applicat...

combining several excel files into one file on same worksheet
Hi, I'm trying to combine several excel files (monthly data) into one file for analysis. I need the macro to put the data from each file successively, by row on one worksheet (e.g., January data has 15 rows, February data has 20 rows and when combined, February data is put on the same worksheet as January data begining on row 16)? Can this be done? If so, please let me know how. I'm not a programmer and very new to using macros. Thanks in advance! :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try the example on my Tips page http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Growing Total using Autofilter in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet i am working on in Excel 2002. I have a ton of data which i am sorting to date using AutoFilter, which is working fine. when the data is not filtered i have a rolling total which adds up the whole thing like this. a b 1 100 100 2 100 200 3 150 350 but when i use the filter i see the larger totals in the list (which i understand) What i want is the same thing in a new column, but for only the current data from the view. example a b ~ 7 150 150 8 100 250 9 200 450 I have tried using sum and subtotal but it doesnt allow + example: =sum(b7+a8) and =subtotal(9,b7+a8...

how do i recover a forgotten excel password
I have got a file that is a n excel spreadsheet. But I have some-how lost my password for it and need to recover it. I was working on it for a school you see. I don't really want to spend a fortune on geting the password back. Any help asap be great. Good morning shadow It sounds like you've lost the password to open the file which isn' good news (out of the four types of protection XL uses this is the mos robust). These sites list a number of products / services that wil recover / remove your password but they're not free. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/password.htm htt...

Excel Shortcut
Is there a shortcut or a way to repeat the last action in Excel like the one for Word; i.e., what's the equivalent, if any, of F4 in Word? Thanks for your help! Ctrl-' (Control - Apostrophe) will repeat the cell above. I'm not sure if that answers the question, but . . . it's worth a try, huh? "Island Girl" wrote: > Is there a shortcut or a way to repeat the last action in Excel like the one > for Word; i.e., what's the equivalent, if any, of F4 in Word? > > Thanks for your help! Try CTRL + Y Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 26 Nov 2008...

Excel and spacebar
In Excel, when I press the spacebar, the last character entered is deleted. How do I turn this off? Thanks ...