Is there an automatic display/print the filename on sheet in Exce.

Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003
in the footer?
0
f (39)

Hi

Menu File > Page setup, pane Header/Footer.

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Geoff F" <Geoff F@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel
2003
> in the footer?

0
stf (176)
4/6/2005 10:49:45 AM
Geoff -

You can either resort to VBA to put the filename in the footer, or you can
create a template on which to base all your workbooks, and follow Harald's
suggestion for the footer in the template file.

Duke

"Geoff F" wrote:

> Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003
> in the footer?
0
DukeCarey (494)

Disable automatic type of email addresses
I have a question about the auto email address that's appers on me Outlook. If I type the beginning off an email address, the outlook client automatic type out the rest on the email address. I want to disable this function. How to I do that? // Lennie Phonera IT-dep Turn it off. Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options > Advanced Email options > Uncheck "Suggest Names" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lennie" <dev@phonera.se> wrote in message news:Ocg6eSatDHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a question about the auto email addr...

Changing Graphic Automatically
Hi all, I have 10 worksheets in a my workbook. Each sheet has the company's logo ( graphic .jpg or gif) on top left. If I want to change the logo to another logo, what is the fastest way to do it? It is a time consuming to change manually in all ten sheets. Please help. Thanks. Regards, Salza ...

Automatically add Signature to Outlook Clients #2
Is it possible to automatically add a signature to outlook clients with Exchange 2003 Enterprise? If so, can this info be pulled from AD? Probably if you were to write a sophisticated enough event sink but I'm not sure you want to go to that trouble. Much easier to have a single "signature" for everyone. What do you want to include in the signature? Nue "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F71791BA-4351-4B6C-930C-7E0D32222FFD@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to automatically add a signature to outlook clients with > Exchang...

Money Automatic Updates preventing me from using Money
i've been using 2007 Home & Biz version 16.0.150.1303 for a while now with no problems. about a month ago, i started getting the message 'updating your accounts' when i open money, and it never stops. i don't use online updates - i download my files from my bank and manually import them. i wouldn't care except that i can't complete any functions in Money, like reconciling my checking account, because i get the message that an online process is going on. i never had this issue before, but i can't use Money and haven't been able to for about a month...

Business Portal should be able to display FRx Reports with drill .
Currently, FRx reports with drill down capabilities do not appear properly on the Business Portal page. There should be a security option for the drill down information to display on the Business Portal page. ...

Change default filename
Hi, Is there any way to change the default filename in excel 2003? ie. a blank file is opened and called: "Book X.xls" Whereas, I want all files to be called: Finance_Planning_X.xls" This way, I can save time by automatically having my file naming convention built into Excel, and I won't have to remember it going forward. Thanks! Chris About the best you can do would be to create a Template(*.XLT) and use that as your default workbook. Open new workbook. Do any customizing you may need. File>Save As>File Type>Template(*.xlt) Name it Finance_Planning Clo...

Excel Print Issue
When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all Black. The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click the file and "Insert as Printout." Any help would be appreciated. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all > Black. > > The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click > the file and "Insert as Printout." > > Any help would be appreciated. Experiment with the prin...

Autonumber in Forms while printing
I need to print forms from excel with auto-number generated during printing. eg 001, 002, 003 How can I do it? Thanks! Is this a worksheet that's set up to look like a form? If yes, you could use a little macro and run that whenever you needed copies: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myMin As Long Dim myMax As Long Dim iCtr As Long myMin = 1 myMax = 3 For iCtr = myMin To myMax With Worksheets("sheet1") .Range("a1").Value = iCtr .PrintOut preview:=True End With Next iCtr End Sub...

Problems printing using Star SP200
Our SP200 used to work fine with our prior POS system under Windows XP Pro. It was installed as a generic text printer. Even though it was set up like it had 8.5 by 11 paper, the program knew it was just a receipt printer, and everything worked just fine. A month ago we installed RMS and the printer has not worked correctly since then. If we use the generic text driver we have been using, it prints fine, but NOW it thinks the paper is 11" long and will eject a few inches after each invoice is printed. I got ahold of Star and they actually sent me a printer driver. Their driver fixed the...

Outlook 2007 crashes when printing email
Hello , I am doing deskside support for a large company and coming across this problem. Outlook 2007 crashing randomly when users trying to print the emails. For some users it happened one to two times a day. Here are the details on the issue, All users have XP SP3, Outlook 2007 sp2, kb972363 (yes, this patch but it does not cause all the pc's to behave in same way and affecting may be 20+ users), Xerox MFD printers. I have recreated windows profile, renamed Outlprnt file, tested the new printer driver, installed the printer locally by creating TCP/IP (Network printers), re...

Outlook XP 2002 & 'A program is trying to automatically send.....
....e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Is there a way to circurmnaviate this propmt or supress it as we run batch jobs in the middle of the night of 10-20 and it will be impractical to have someone saying yes everytime the message appears? Appreciate the help. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in news:#SN8Llw0EHA.3704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Is there a way to circurmnaviate this propmt or supress it as we run > batch jobs in the middle of the night of 10-20 and it will be ...

how i draw a shart for multi sheet ?
i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all Hi, If I understand, you want to create a chart which uses data from multiple sheets? If so the easiest way is to build a summary area which pulls the data in from the different sheets and then chart that. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "ahmad" wrote: > i have amulti worksheet and i need to make a chart for all This page adds a little information to Shane's post: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Workbook loads but does not display
This is a weird one. Excel 2003 SP2 running on XP Pro SP2 in a SBS 2003 SP1 environment. If Excel is closed and you double-click on an Excel document, the workbook does not display. There is just a big, empty grey window. Status bar says "Done" and there are no error messages. If you minimize/maximise Excel or click on the New Document button, the document then displays fine. Any ideas, anyone? TIA, Bill Bill Couple of things 1) Look at Tools>Options...>General>Ignore other applications - Uncheck 2) Search (hidden files also) for a file called *.xlb (This is a ...

Displayed Name and Email Address
Hi, Our company email account is actually a distribution group in the exchange server of our SBS2003. There are two members in this group. In other words, any inbound email to the company email account, both members (accounts) get an email copy. The emails of these two account are retrieved via outlook 2003 (which the type of the account is exchange server). Now the question is: how can I set the outlook so that the recipient "see" the email address is the distribution group address and name. This can easily be done in pop3 account. But for exchange server account, there is n...

Double-printing in one print area
I have a simple three-column list that I need to print, but need t print two sets of the list per page. I can't adjust the layout of th list itself as it is the result of an external database query which i refreshed when the sheet is opened. I can't figure out a way to d this, anyone got any ideas??? Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chris, Excel prints a sheet just as it's actually laid out, with little variation. By two sets, do you mean an identical list to the right, or do you want a single list (easy) in two columns per page (not so easy)? ...

Printing to Jewellery Style Labels
Has anyone had any experience with printing to jewellery type labels (with the tail and the folding head through RMS? The labels normally print on a printer such as the CLP 631 (http://www.swiftclik.co.uk/acatalog/Jewellery_Labels.html) Can the label designer be used to configure labels like this? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Matt I tried ... but gave up. There didn't seem much point to it anyway. We just use the standard Argox software to print our Z-Tags on a Z-TP-300 label printer. Works great. -- JW Watson & Son Retail Jewellers "Matty"...

Printing error InPublisher 07
When I print a newsletter parts of it are missing. ANy ideas... the message that is printed is error: undefined offending command: scale_the_picture Stack: ... Have you looked at the support articles that are on the manufacturer's web site? Is you printer driver current? Are you doing a PDF? Or a postscript printer? Do you have WordArt in your document? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bronnie" <Bronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:631BC446-740A-4631-9478-7FE6C8CC3CF1@...

Automatically Update tick keeps reappearing??
Hi all, having an interesting problem with a couple of users in AD. Multisite Mixed Mode Exchange2000 with some 5.5 servers still around. I noticed recently that a handful of users had had their Primary SMTP address changed to one of their alias addresses. I though that this could be caused by someone applying a recipient policy (although when I checked, it hadn't been touched and it wouldn't have selected this address anyway) I changed the primary address back and removed the 'Automatically Update' tick just to be sure. ....but the following day everything was changed back ...

Summarize project time from different sheets in one without losing references when sorting the cells.
hi I have a a lot of sheets in one excel-file, about 25 upwards , and in these I fill in the time for each project each person is involved in. What I want is a sheet with a summary for all the projects. Every project has a six digit code. Can I create a formula that searches through the entire project for example project 440011 and return the value to the sheet where I summarize all the time? The problem is that I want the projects to be sorted by the six digit code but when I sort them in each persons sheet the references in the summarized sheet will be wrong. Does anyone understand what ...

background image printing wrong colors
I've problem with printing color images set as the background to reports. Report preview looks nice, but printed document is poor-colored :( Anyone can help? This is usually your printer rather than anything in Access. Evi "Krzysko" <Krzysko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9C4D1F5-E20D-4445-A7E5-D8C6BFBE38BA@microsoft.com... > I've problem with printing color images set as the background to reports. > Report preview looks nice, but printed document is poor-colored :( > Anyone can help? Printer works fine. I thought about the col. pallete ...

display "from" email account
Is there any way to setup Outlook so that it behaves the same as Outlook Express with regards to the way it displays the "from" email account that's being used in a new email??? In OE, the "from" address shows in a drop down list right above the "to" field of any outgoing email. And it displays the current account being used. In Outlook you have to click on the "accounts" button in the toolbar to see the current account. This is incredibly inconvenient since I use different accounts all the time. Or at least have Outlook display the "from&quo...

Displaying a single field or two fields together
I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields, like this: Label: [field one] & [field two]. However, not all records have the second field. So I'd like for the ones with only field one used to just display: Label: [field one], but the ones with both to display as I've shown above. Is this possible? thanks! JJ JJ1109 wrote: > I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each > chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields...

Symbols not displayed properly in Excel chart
Hello. I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table represented with the chart in Excel 2003. My problem is that I have symbols in my original data table (e.g., <1%) that are not displayed properly when I chart the data with the data table displayed as part of the chart (the cells with symbols show up as zeros). I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to get these symbols to show up properly in a chart's data table. Thanks! -Aaron ...

Sheets changing names
The following macro saves various lists to new sheets in the same workbook. The first save is named 12-4-09 the second is 12-4-09a and so on. The initial Sheet is “Master” What happens is that on the first save the Master’s list does not remain as it was originally but changes to match the list that was just saved as (12-4-09) list This means that both sheets are the same On the next save to (12-4-09a) it actually has the list that was in 12-4-09a and the new list is in the old 12-4-09. I don’t know if I am making my self clear but if you open a workbook and rename the sheet Mas...

Printing a Booklet
I have Pub 2000, Win XP, HP 8550MFP, I am trying to print a booklet that I need to staple. The page size is 8.5 x 11, I need to Print it on 11 x 17, two sided? Any suggestions? The 8�"x11", is that a file size where you plan to cut and paste text? Or, will the text be an image? The HP 8550MFP will print 11"x17" paper? If so, in Publisher, File, Page setup, Special fold in the box will say "Book fold". In the size put in width, 8.5" and the highth 11" Select Horizontal. Now make a text box on the page and then select Format Auto fit text Best ...