Is there a way you can get Excel to change an image in a cell

K. I will try and explain this the best I can.

I am creating a database based on ships.
I have around 50 thumbsized images and I have resized a cell to fit these
images in the main page that gives information about each ship.
I need this cell to be able to change the image each time the name of the
ship changes.
I can't store these images on my HD and link to them as other people useing
the database would have to have the same images as well.
I would like to paste all the images into a seperate sheet in the workbook.
The only way I can think of doing this would be to lock an image to a cell
and then use something like VLOOKUP but I can't find a function that allows
you to lock an image to a cell.

Any help on this would be apreciated.

Thank you.
0
barry24uk (3)

hyperlinks
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"barry24uk" wrote:

> K. I will try and explain this the best I can.
>
> I am creating a database based on ships.
> I have around 50 thumbsized images and I have resized a cell to fit these
> images in the main page that gives information about each ship.
> I need this cell to be able to change the image each time the name of the
> ship changes.
> I can't store these images on my HD and link to them as other people useing
> the database would have to have the same images as well.
> I would like to paste all the images into a seperate sheet in the workbook.
> The only way I can think of doing this would be to lock an image to a cell
> and then use something like VLOOKUP but I can't find a function that allows
> you to lock an image to a cell.
>
> Any help on this would be apreciated.
>
> Thank you.
Using a Hyperlink will not work. Hyperlinks will take you to a place that you
link to same as it does on a webpage.

"paul" wrote:

> hyperlinks
> --
> paul
> remove nospam for email addy!
>

> "barry24uk" wrote:
>
> > K. I will try and explain this the best I can.
> >
> > I am creating a database based on ships.
> > I have around 50 thumbsized images and I have resized a cell to fit these
> > images in the main page that gives information about each ship.
> > I need this cell to be able to change the image each time the name of the
> > ship changes.
> > I can't store these images on my HD and link to them as other people useing
> > the database would have to have the same images as well.
> > I would like to paste all the images into a seperate sheet in the workbook.
> > The only way I can think of doing this would be to lock an image to a cell
> > and then use something like VLOOKUP but I can't find a function that allows
> > you to lock an image to a cell.
> >
> > Any help on this would be apreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
0
barry24uk (3)
1/4/2006 3:51:03 AM
"A hyperlink is a link from a document that opens another page or file when
you click it. The destination is frequently another Web page, but it can also
be a picture, or an e-mail address, or a program. The hyperlink itself can be
text or a picture."

--

"barry24uk" wrote:

> Using a Hyperlink will not work. Hyperlinks will take you to a place that you
> link to same as it does on a webpage.
>

> "paul" wrote:
>
> > hyperlinks
> > --
> > paul
> > remove nospam for email addy!
> >

> > "barry24uk" wrote:
> >
> > > K. I will try and explain this the best I can.
> > >
> > > I am creating a database based on ships.
> > > I have around 50 thumbsized images and I have resized a cell to fit these
> > > images in the main page that gives information about each ship.
> > > I need this cell to be able to change the image each time the name of the
> > > ship changes.
> > > I can't store these images on my HD and link to them as other people useing
> > > the database would have to have the same images as well.
> > > I would like to paste all the images into a seperate sheet in the workbook.
> > > The only way I can think of doing this would be to lock an image to a cell
> > > and then use something like VLOOKUP but I can't find a function that allows
> > > you to lock an image to a cell.
> > >
> > > Any help on this would be apreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
Paul,
As much as I apreciate you trying to help me out on this matter,
hyperlinking realy is not the solution to my qestion.
I know what a hyperlink is, I know what they are used for and I also know
how to use them.
I want to be able to update the information on an entire sheet by selecting
a name from a dropdown menu.
This information is stored on another sheet in the same workbook.
I don't want to go to the image, I want to pull the image into the sheet and
I want that image to change when I select a different name from the dropdown.
Now if you know of a way where if I was to store the hyperlinks to all the
images and then get a single cell to be able to not just display that link,
but to actualy activate it and grab the image of the net...
Then that is exactly what I am looking for.

Hopefuly, this better explains what it is that I am trying to do.

But again... Thank you for your responce.

"paul" wrote:

> "A hyperlink is a link from a document that opens another page or file when
> you click it. The destination is frequently another Web page, but it can also
> be a picture, or an e-mail address, or a program. The hyperlink itself can be
> text or a picture."
>

> --
> paul
> remove nospam for email addy!
>

> "barry24uk" wrote:
>
> > Using a Hyperlink will not work. Hyperlinks will take you to a place that you
> > link to same as it does on a webpage.
> >

> > "paul" wrote:
> >
> > > hyperlinks
> > > --
> > > paul
> > > remove nospam for email addy!

0
barry24uk (3)

changing axes
I currently have categories going from 1st of may to 11th may. How do I get it to just have labels for the even numbers (2nd/4th/6th/8th/10th)? Also, how do I have 10,20, 30, 40 amd 50 on the value axis. How do I remove the bottom one (10) but keep the rest? Chart type? Generally you have little control over non-uniform display of axis tick labels. But you can sometimes get what you want with custom number formats. For the Y axis, you could use a format like [=10]"";General For the horizontal axis, you have to start the axis at 0 March (i.e., 29 Feb) and suppress the fir...

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

POST or GET?

"View Image Slide Show"

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Linking files 2 ways

Change position ID in HR

default values in a cell

learning Excel #3

get a result of an sql into a field

How do I turn a jpg image I have into a visio background?
I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a background for a diagram I am creating. I also would like to make it transparent. I have looked on the help and can't find my answer. Please help. the simplist way is to drop it on a background page and then attach the background to your foreground images. al "doming07" <doming07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E476FD31-FFC3-45C5-8987-EBE2FB98C714@microsoft.com... >I have a jpg image I downloaded for the net. I want to turn it into a > background for a diagram I am creating. I...

Excel VBA

Business Portal Development