IS there a way to compare 2 excel files

I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is
there such a thing?

0
pmaston (37)

Hi

Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The
report would say ... ?
But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill
Manville's "Compare", downloadable from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding
> I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they
are.Is
> there such a thing?

0
stf (176)
4/6/2005 10:05:58 AM
Many thanks Harald.......I tell you what my problem is, I have 2 or 3 Excel
files on my pocket pc, that are in native excel document form. I keep
forgetting which file I wrote my last information to. SO I thought if there
was a brilliant person that could write a program, which I would buy, that
would allow me to see the difference, maybe highlighted, between the 2
sheets............I downloaded the item you mentioned, but can not see
anything. I changed my security macro level, to allow the enabling of
macro's and still can't see anything when I ex ecute the file. Any
additional help would be very much appreciated again. I appreciate you a lot
Harald..............Peter

"Harald Staff" <stf@enron.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The
> report would say ... ?
> But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill
> Manville's "Compare", downloadable from
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
> "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding
>> I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they
> are.Is
>> there such a thing?

0
pmaston (37)
4/6/2005 2:32:41 PM
After you load Bill and Myrna's program (and your files),
click on Tools|Compare Worksheets

Another option (maybe)...

Save your files as .csv files.
Then use MSWord to compare the .csv files.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> After you load Bill and Myrna's program (and your files),
> click on Tools|Compare Worksheets
>
> Another option (maybe)...
>
> Save your files as .csv files.
> Then use MSWord to compare the .csv files.
>

> pmaston wrote:
>>
>> Many thanks Harald.......I tell you what my problem is, I have 2 or 3
>> Excel
>> files on my pocket pc, that are in native excel document form. I keep
>> forgetting which file I wrote my last information to. SO I thought if
>> there
>> was a brilliant person that could write a program, which I would buy,
>> that
>> would allow me to see the difference, maybe highlighted, between the 2
>> sheets............I downloaded the item you mentioned, but can not see
>> anything. I changed my security macro level, to allow the enabling of
>> macro's and still can't see anything when I ex ecute the file. Any
>> additional help would be very much appreciated again. I appreciate you a
>> lot
>> Harald..............Peter
>>
>> "Harald Staff" <stf@enron.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The
>> > report would say ... ?
>> > But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill
>> > Manville's "Compare", downloadable from
>> > http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
>> >
>> > HTH. Best wishes Harald
>> >
>> > "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding
>> > are.Is
>> >>

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
pmaston (37)

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Compare records in a query then write equation??
Hi all, i have a problem and i need help, the case is as follows: the default rule is that i have 4 fields, (Date, Team, Score). each team is allowed to have one score per day but sometimes it can have 2 scores per day, when this is the case i wanna multiply each score by a certain number and have one score instead of 2 scores (similar to average but not average). So, i need to have a condition which compares records, and if this is the case, formulates this equation and gives me one score instead of 2 scores. Please help SELECT Team, [Date], Sum(Score)/Count(Score) * IIF(Count(Score) =1,1,S...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Excel not Access

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns